What are you listening to?

Started by MURP, September 17, 2004, 12:41:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

And I have to take that back about Lungfish.  Too regional...not universal enough.  The rest of that list I stand by though.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

Quote from: Diomedes on February 01, 2007, 08:43:49 AM
Punk snobs worship Hüsker Dü.

:-D

IMO this is one of the greatest albums, period, regardless of genre:

Rome

"Welcome to Paradise" from Green Day was just playing on XM.

:-D

Rome

Here's a list of the 100 greatest punk artists from the same site I got the funk artists from:

http://www.digitaldreamdoor.com/pages/best_punk.html

Stooges!

"Holiday in Cambodia" is on right now.  Dead Kennedys!!

Seabiscuit36

Dr Doom - First Come First Served
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

mussa

I just discovered the Stooges.  :yay :yay
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Quasimoto

Del The Funky Homosapien - Future Development

ice grillin you

lord quas you need to expand your horizons from 2k nerd rap to older golden age hip-hop

try out del's frist two albums...they are two of the best hip-hop albums ever made and poop all over future development and his other newer geeked out snowboard rap albums

do you listen too or know who the lootpack are?
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Seabiscuit36

I would think by using Quasimoto he knows the Westcoast pretty well.  Any ever listen to The Visionaries? 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

i only asked because i think hes a youngin and hes never mentioned listening to any pre 2k albums...im guessing he got into hip-hop around that time...tho now that i think about it lootpacks full length came out in 99...but i always think about them as early 90's tho since thats when they hit the scene

Seabiscuit36

Them, and Souls of Mischief were ridiculous back then

Quasimoto

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 01, 2007, 11:17:27 AM
lord quas you need to expand your horizons from 2k nerd rap to older golden age hip-hop

try out del's frist two albums...they are two of the best hip-hop albums ever made and poop all over future development and his other newer geeked out snowboard rap albums

do you listen too or know who the lootpack are?

I have one album by Lootpack and it's called "Soundpieces: Da Antidote"

The Del albums I have are Both Sides of the Brain, I Wish My Brother George Was Here, Future Development and No Need For Alarm. 

Give me something good to download it and I will :)

ice grillin you

no you pretty much got it covered...all except the lootpack came out with a lost tapes album a few years ago from stuff they did back in 96 for an album that fell thru the cracks

i only said anything cause ive seen you mention future development several times but never the far superior i wish my brother george was here and no need for alarm

Quasimoto

Now that you said that I'm listening to No Need for Alarm.  Del is one of my favorites.  He's one of the first people I started listening to.  You're right in that I only recently got into hip hop a fews year ago.  If I find an artist I really like I try to get all of their albums.   Got any recommendations?

Quasimoto

Im trying to find J Dilla - Ruff Draft online but I cant.