MotoGP

Started by Diomedes, May 09, 2006, 12:39:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

Anyone here follow MotoGP?

www.motogp.com
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

MURP

Is there a television schedule anywhere on that site?    I follow the AMA Supercross which is on Speed TV and CBS... that season is over now so maybe this is worth a look.

Diomedes

Speed broadcasts the races. Here is a schedule: link.   Since the NFL season is over, I don't have television right now, so I won't be watching any of these, I'll just read about them.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

MURP

thanks for the link.  Ill have to give it a look. 

Diomedes

I think I'll make a point of getting to a TV somewhere for the Laguna Seca race.  I love that track.  Some day, I'll ride a motorcycle on it, I promise.  Even if it costs me thousands and thousands to do it, and even if I go slow as hell because I'm a big puss.

MURP

DutchBird

Diomedes,

I do follow MotoGP when in Europe (can't get it here). I am sorely p-ed that they destroyed by far the best circuit on the MotoGP calendar (Assen). Due to a bunch of bunnylovers having gone overboard, and the idiots in Brussles having lost it.

I usually like MotoGP better then Formula1. The only thing I wish for is that last year's race at Malaysia had been a complete wet race....
You have New York, we have Amsterdam
Just 15,000 Dutch beat out 90,000 Americans

With Timmy, one of three things is going to happen. Somebody is going to get hurt - it's either going to be him, an opponent, or one of our players.

Diomedes

If you know any good sites other than the official site, I'd appreciate the tip.  Rossi has had the best times in practice so far in Shanghai. 

He's my favorite rider.  It's easy to like a winner, I know, but I just love the guy's attitude, and the way he rides.  He operates so far above everyone else, it's a pleasure to behold.

I also like Carlos Checa.

Out on the street, I wear a Kenny Roberts Jr. replica Arai, mostly because I dig the colors and design.

DutchBird

Diomedes,

I do not know of any sites of the top of my head. Maybe through http://www.eurosport.com there are more links (these guys show them all back home.

I am not sure Rossi is my favorite rider. I do respect and admire him a lot because of his skills. His mastery over the motorcycle is superb. And though he gets payed a lot, he seems to genuinely enjoy what he is doing, and to large degree he seems to factor in enjoyment in his riding. Which is fun to look at (and something I find utterly lacking in Michael Schumacher for instance).

One day I hope to have a motorcycle license as well (car license has to come first though)... but no way it is going to be a street-racer (I will not fit on a bike like that). It is a pretty cool design indeed. BTW, I am surprised how many people I see riding around here without helmet or proper gear....

With Timmy, one of three things is going to happen. Somebody is going to get hurt - it's either going to be him, an opponent, or one of our players.

Diomedes

Dani Pedrosa (Repsol Honda) won at Shanghai. 

Current standings (4 of 17 races complete):

Quote1   Nicky Hayden (USA)   Repsol Honda     72
2   Loris Capirossi (ITA)   Marlboro Ducati     59
3   Daniel Pedrosa (ESP)   Repsol Honda     57
4   Marco Melandri (ITA)   Fortuna Honda     55
5   Casey Stoner (AUS)   Honda LCR     52
6   Valentino Rossi (ITA)   Camel Yamaha     42
7   Antonio Elias (ESP)   Fortuna Honda     37
8   Colin Edwards (USA)   Camel Yamaha     35
9   Shinya Nakano (JPN)   Kawasaki Racing     28
10   Sete Gibernau (ESP)   Marlboro Ducati     25

Diomedes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQxEQr1dnhg&search=motogp

Rossi (#46) is God, and all these motherfargers are heros at the very least.

henchmanUK

Now Lance Armstrong has retired, Valentino Rossi is the best sportsman in the world. Period.
"The drunkenness, the violence, the nihilism: the Eagles should really be an English football team, not an American one." - Financial Times, London

Diomedes

He was fastest at Le Mans in the first round of qualifying today, with his Yamaha teamate (and like Lance, Texan) Edwards right behind him.

Diomedes

Rossi is the Doctor, he won again at Catalan yesterday.  Clinical, cool hand, beautiful to see.   It's staggering how good this guy is.  He's become a hero of sorts to me, up there with Bob Dylan, Bill Hicks, and Muhammed Ali.

QuoteNicky Hayden (USA) Repsol Honda   119
2 Loris Capirossi (ITA) Marlboro Ducati   99
3 Valentino Rossi (ITA) Camel Yamaha   90
4 Marco Melandri (ITA) Fortuna Honda   89
5 Daniel Pedrosa (ESP) Repsol Honda   86
6 Casey Stoner (AUS) Honda LCR   65
7 Colin Edwards (USA) Camel Yamaha   60
8 Antonio Elias (ESP) Fortuna Honda   53
9 Makoto Tamada (JPN) Konica Minolta Honda   49
10 Kenny Roberts (USA) Team KR Honda   44

The U.S. has some damn good riders competing at the top.  Hayden has been consistently fast, and finishes well with admirable regularity.  Barring injury, Rossi will displace him before the season's over.  Book it.  Poor kid knows that Rossi's got his bike sorted, and now he's on the stalk.

Kenny Roberts Jr. has been a huge surprise.  They guy is effectively a privateer, and he took third at Catalan! 

story
A pic from the massive crash at the opening of this weekend's race (more pics at link above).

Notice, Mr. Toothlessberger, the shocking absence of bare skulls!

DutchBird

Saw the race yesterday (largely). What a circus... It seemed there was almost a rule against remaining upright during the race. That crash looked very very nasty. And unfortunately it took out three top riders (IMHO two more consistent then say Roberts). Luckily the damage to people seems to be less then feared.

And as far as Rossi goes, yup... talk about dominant. And his winning percentage (0.500) is beyond rediculous, especially when you consider he took two if not three bikes from scratch and developed them into winning machines.

This weekend, Dutch TT. I wonder how bad the old circuit is ruined (IMHO a crying shame!). BTW, Dio, it is on Saturday (I guess you know, but just in case). And it looks like we might miss a bunch of people there (Melandri, Gibernau and Capirossi).