Around The NFL -- Week 3

Started by PhillyPhreak54, September 25, 2005, 09:53:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Yes! Another wonderful Sunday is upon us. Absolutely the best time of the year. What do you guys think we'll see today? Who do you think wins and loses? Who did you bet? Any fantasy troubles or triumphs? Post 'em up...

My bets today:

1. Jacksonville +2.5 @ New York Jets
2. Miami +3.5 vs. Carolina
3. Philadelphia -8.5 vs. Oakland & Cincinnati -3 @ Chicago (2 team parlay)

rjs246

Miami, huh? Interesting. Crazy. Almost certainly wrong. But interesting.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

PhillyPhreak54

That's my smallest wager of the day, but I am playing a hunch that the Panthers will come out a little flat. And I like the Dolphins defense so far. If they can get heat on Delhomme and continue to stuff the ground game, I think I have a shot. Even if they don't win, I only lose a little bit.

rjs246

Their defense is good and its entirely possible that Carolina comes out flat, but Miami's offense so completely inconsistant (at best) that I would be hard pressed to take them with such a small line.

Anyway, I really like that parlay. Good luck.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

PhillyPhreak54

Thanks, bro.

I took their impotent offense into consideration, but Carolina is ranked 20th against the pass. And as zesty as Frerotte is, he has an OC who loves the deep ball. And he has 3 receivers who can catch the deep ball.

I'll hope for an upset. Plus I hate the Panthers, so I took a little risk.

MDS

I'm usually able to pick one line and be right on it every time (i know, im a brilliant guy). Today its Cinci takin the points over Chicago. Since I'm posting this for the first time, I'll probably be wrong. But it wouldn't be the first time, so what the hell.

Dallas sucks.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Wingspan

Quote from: MDS on September 25, 2005, 12:07:14 PM
I'm usually able to pick one line and be right on it every time (i know, im a brilliant guy). Today its Cinci takin the points over Chicago. Since I'm posting this for the first time, I'll probably be wrong. But it wouldn't be the first time, so what the hell.

Dallas sucks.

way to post abosoluty nothing of conviction. you could at least wait until the next paragraph until you completely contradict yourself. ::)
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

QB Eagles

Phreak's Miami bet is looking decent. At the half, they are up 21-17 against the anointed Super Bowl XL champion Carolina Panthers.

QB Eagles

Rodney Harrison being carted off the field...

Sgt PSN

Quote from: QB Eagles on September 25, 2005, 02:44:10 PM
Phreak's Miami bet is looking decent. At the half, they are up 21-17 against the anointed Super Bowl XL champion Carolina Panthers.

And they won too.  Well played Phreak.  :yay

PhillyPhreak54

Thanks...I got both MIA & JAX right,

But I lost my parlay because of the Eagles. :-\

MDS

Quote from: MDS on September 25, 2005, 12:07:14 PM

Dallas sucks.

I be right again.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

TexasEagle

Favre's whining on ESPNews. Threw another 3 picks today. Hang it up, Brett.

PhillyPhreak54

Holy crap!!

Did you guys see Larry Allen almost farg up his OWN kicker? He ran up to the kicker on the field and grabbed Cortez's facemask and was about to knock him out :-D :o

TexasEagle

Missed it watching Favre moan.

San Fran up 14-6 after a long catch and run. :D Dallas got burned deep AGAIN!