War with Iran

Started by MURP, February 08, 2006, 12:54:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

Quote from: shorebird on September 16, 2012, 09:17:12 AM
Quote from: ice grillin you on July 06, 2012, 08:53:40 AM
the irony is that more than maybe any other muslim country iranian citizens really like and look up to the US....probably because its one of the few weve never bombed or based troops in

i actually want iran to get nucleur nuclear weapons...it pretty much guarantees we will never have a war with them...no better deterrent to war than nukes...in fact since the advent of nucleur nuclear weapons no two countries have ever warred and had nukes

I don't know about that, but I've always wondered why the U.S. government thinks it's up to them to decide who get nukes and who doesn't. What gives us the right? It's ironic that the only country who has actually used nuclear weapons on an enemy is supposed to be the country who decides what countries can have them.

I actually agree with the sentiment of what the farg gives the US the right to tell another country they can't have nukes. On the other hand Israel is considered an ally [I suppose] and Iran is threatening to nuke them as soon as they're capable. There's no way the US can stand by while that happens. That would be a disaster.

Eagaholic

Quote from: shorebird on September 16, 2012, 09:17:12 AM
I don't know about that, but I've always wondered why the U.S. government thinks it's up to them to decide who get nukes and who doesn't. What gives us the right? It's ironic that the only country who has actually used nuclear weapons on an enemy is supposed to be the country who decides what countries can have them.

The US government doesn't think it's up to them to decide who gets nukes and who doesn't. They, along with all the other nuclear powers, think nobody else should develop nukes and the US thinks all existing stocks should be reduced to the greatest degree possible. They've cut the number of warheads by over 80 percent with the USSR and Russia acting similarly in accordance with the SALT and START treaties going back to the nuclear nonproliferation treaties starting in the early 70's and continuing with Carter, Reagan and through Obama, so it is nothing new.

As for Iran getting nukes as a deterrent, worst idea ever. Basing an idea on logic is irrational when dealing with people who are insane. Same goes for N Korea.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Eagaholic on September 16, 2012, 09:40:02 PM
As for Iran getting nukes as a deterrent, worst idea ever. Basing an idea on logic is irrational when dealing with people who are insane. Same goes for N Korea.

iran is less insane than the neo cons
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Eagaholic

Ahmadinejad and some of their behind the scenes theocratic leaders, whether more insane or less, are still insane. He is already on record publicly as head of state, saying Israel should be wiped off the map.

ice grillin you

hes only different in that he actually admits it.....if he even truly means it....

the us and irael believe the same about iran they just dont say it

Eagaholic

I don't think either the US or Israel want Iran wiped off the map, only those who pose a threat to them.

That said though, I just went back and read up some on his quote and it is controversial whether he really said that, or if a mistranslation basically implies he would nuke Israel if given a chance. Either way though the mid east has unstable governments and whatever regime gets nukes today may be replaced by who knows what kind of loonies tomorrow. Once they are there, they are either there to stay or until exploded which would be an absolute catastrophe for everybody.   

ice grillin you

he definitely has said it the question is does he really mean it....i highly doubt it....hes a comedian and the ayatollahs run that country not him

ice grillin you

turkey bout to get shtein poppin

SD

Just in time for Thanksgiving

Rome

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/world/middle-east/Irans-new-president-calls-Israel-an-old-wound/articleshow/21550375.cms

That is what passes for "moderation" in Iranian leaders.

Israel is NOT going to permit this shtein to go on much longer.   Russia, China & The U.S. have to do something together to get those idiots under control before Israel preemptively does what it has to do.

hbionic

But when the west says something to the same effect about whatever country, it's ok?

This shtein happens all the time, everywhere and it is not news.

Politicians do this all the time when addressing their constituents or rallying support from their supporters. U.S. does this, Russia does this, Israel, Iran, etc.

It's not news. I'll pass judgement when real negotiations take place and real moves are made on both sides. Right now, the U.S. has no balls. Leadership afraid of backlash to act in U.S.'s interest versus Israel's. They also need to protect Saudi Arabia from Iranian influence because the monarchs are afraid of a Shiite uprising and complete revolt.

U.S. should stop catering to others. They should become a trailblazer and negotiate & secure an energy policy that will withstand regional conflicts and empower the countries in the region to create stability rather than instability. Recognize Iran, tell Israel to give up some of its occupied territories and create a two-state zone with Jerusalem as the capital for both Israel and Palestine, and tell Saudi Arabia to make concrete changes that will be more inclusive of the people, or else face revolt, at the same time guaranteeing Israel's security against aggression as well as Saudi Arabias. U.S. needs to stop acting like Iran doesn't exist.

Not saying Iran and U.S. will be best friends but maybe with normalized relations, we can once again have an embassy there and allow us to properly spy on them. We also have to recognize the fact that agreements and stability would mean lower arms sales. I feel that the state of being on the brink of war is the only place everyone wants to be. Sadly.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

ice grillin you

the united states congress has said worse things about their own president

hbionic

I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

QB Eagles

Quote from: Rome on August 02, 2013, 08:29:39 AM
That is what passes for "moderation" in Iranian leaders.

Actually that is what passes for a terrible translation from the original Farsi. The New York Times says the quote contained no message of "removing" Israel and that it is better translated as:

Quote"In our region, a sore has been sitting on the body of the Islamic world for many years, in the shadow of the occupation of the holy land of Palestine and the dear Quds. This day is in fact a reminder of the fact that Muslim people will not forgot their historic right and will continue to stand against aggression and tyranny."