2011-2012 Sixers Thread

Started by MDS, December 26, 2011, 08:05:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah Malik was pretty good...solid addition there.

I love listening to McGinnis on the radio. That guy could make a calculus lesson exciting.

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

you guys must have been dumbed down by e snow to the point that that your standards have hit rock bottom because malik rose is god awful

he tries so hard to sound smart and ends up always saying absolutely nothing

also probably not his fault but he sounds like clyde frazier which also annoys me

also can we now say elton brand is officially done...his lack of athleticism just kills the team....he cant finish near the rim on offense because he cant get off the floor and he cant guard on the other end

they should have amnestied him and signed tyson chandler
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SunMo

Quote from: ice grillin you on December 27, 2011, 08:29:28 AM
you guys must have been dumbed down by e snow to the point that that your standards have hit rock bottom because malik rose is god awful

this, he's putrid.

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

phattymatty

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on December 27, 2011, 12:52:49 AM
Yeah Malik was pretty good...solid addition there.

he got better? i passed out by halftime but he started out pretty rough...maybe it was just nerves but he sounded semi retarded.

phattymatty

oops, never mind, should have kept reading.

Drunkmasterflex

Malik Rose is better than Snow, but that is like saying the smartest retard.

Agree 100% on Brand, he offers nothing at this point.
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

DH

if rose said "in between the trees" one more time, I was gonna lose my shtein

QB Eagles

The "boom goes the dynamite" guy would have been an upgrade over Snow, but Rose was pretty rough. Maybe they can get Phil E. Moose to do some color.

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on December 27, 2011, 08:29:28 AM

alls i said was he was better than the previous three dudes who were all pantheon-level awful. maybe its just because hes a philly boy through and through (overbrook and drexel, if that rings a bell to the 2 of you who are actually from philly).

but i stand by it. he aint good by any stretch but its better than e snow snoozing in the middle of a game or sloppy seconds salami attempting to speak.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

he fifty times worse than salmi...salmi had a boring delivery but he knew basketball and could break it down quite well

the rest all are terrible in their own special way

PhillyPhreak54

Rose will get better...he will grow on youse like Sarge did

ice grillin you

i liked sarge from the jump......i want rose permanently dead

baseball you can be substandard as long as you are endearing and can fill time since there so much empty air thruout a season...color guys in basketball have one job to do....be able to break down the game and say semi intelligent stuff...nothing of which rose can even come close to doing

Sgt PSN

Quote from: ice grillin you on December 28, 2011, 07:03:32 AM
i liked sarge from the jump......i want rose permanently dead

baseball you can be substandard as long as you are endearing and can fill time since there so much empty air thruout a season...color guys in basketball have one job to do....be able to break down the game and say semi intelligent stuff...nothing of which rose can even come close to doing

This.  There is so much down time in baseball that you can be a loveable dope like Sarge and get away with it.  Not to mention that former players are always going to have some great dugout/clubhouse/road trip stories to tell throughout the game. 

ice grillin you

also sarge doesnt even announce half the game...he probably would be much more annoying if he did so