World Cup 2006

Started by henchmanUK, May 30, 2006, 11:34:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

henchmanUK

The greatest sporting event in the world starts in 10 days. I normally am a big fan of the USA, but I don't think they are as strong as they were in the last two. However, I don't think Italy will qualify from their group either, Italian soccer is currently in the grip of a corruption scandal. Who would have thought it in a country where Silvio Berlusconi was president and is the owner of one of their top teams? England are FARGED. Our strikers consist of an injured guy, someone who has started one game this year, a 6ft 7in beanpole freak who doesn't score goals and a 17-year-old who hasn't played in the Premier League before and who the England manager has NEVER SEEN PLAY! And we are supposed to be SECOND FAVORITES! Holland to beat Brazil in the final.
"The drunkenness, the violence, the nihilism: the Eagles should really be an English football team, not an American one." - Financial Times, London

PhillyPhanInDC

I can't wait for all the games to start. I've gotta start getting to know the U.S television schedule. If it is one of my "cable packages" I'll settle for reading about it in the paper.

CF Contest Interest?
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

BigEd76

The new Germany....now with more "happy"

MDS

I will watch USA, but don't have the attention span to watch other games. I'm also rooting for the small African countries to do well, mostly because I don't like any European countries outside of Amsterdam.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

henchmanUK

Quote from: MDS on May 30, 2006, 11:49:42 AMI don't like any European countries outside of Amsterdam.

It is good to see you smashing the stereotype of the insular American.
"The drunkenness, the violence, the nihilism: the Eagles should really be an English football team, not an American one." - Financial Times, London

SunMo

in case anybody else wasn't sure...

insular:

1. Of, relating to, or constituting an island.
   2. Living or located on an island.

1. Suggestive of the isolated life of an island: "He is an exceedingly insular man, so deeply private as to seem inaccessible to the scrutiny of a novelist" (Leonard Michaels).
   2. Circumscribed and detached in outlook and experience; narrow or provincial.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

MDS

i only like amsterdam because its a country full of horny, pot-smoking degenerates and that deserves respect consdering their government embraces that. otherwise, what is there to like about greasy italians, slimy frenchmen, anything british, spain? come on. europe sucks.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SunMo

Quote from: MDS on May 30, 2006, 12:07:03 PM
otherwise, what is there to like about greasy italians,

pizza and spaghetti

Quoteslimy frenchmen
the Statue of Liberty

Quoteanything british
Lock, Stock, and 2 Smoking Barrels, Snatch, Layer Cake

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

reese125

MDS, are you shaving your head and getting a tattoo that says White Power today?

MadMarchHare

Ya know, there's a reason everyone in the KKK wears a dunce cap.......
Anyone but Reid.

PhillyPhanInDC

Quote from: SunnyCakes on May 30, 2006, 12:00:58 PM
in case anybody else wasn't sure...

Henchman is insinuating that MDS lives on an island? shtein, that is cold.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

Geowhizzer

i only like amsterdam because its a country full of horny, pot-smoking degenerates and that deserves respect consdering their government embraces that. otherwise, what is there to like about greasy italians, slimy frenchmen, anything british, spain? come on. europe sucks.

Hey, Temple student, Amsterdam is a city, not a country...

Wingspan

Quote from: Geowhizzer on May 30, 2006, 12:36:27 PM

Hey, Temple student, Amsterdam is a city, not a country...

:-D
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Rome

Quote from: reese125 on May 30, 2006, 12:10:45 PM
MDS, are you shaving your head and getting a tattoo that says White Power today?

Considering he's Jewish, that would be both ironic and extremely hilarious.

Either way, I'd laugh.

MDS

No, I just dont like anyone.