Game of Thrones

Started by Diomedes, February 24, 2013, 07:52:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munson

yeah I like the Arya/Hound combo as well. If Arya really does decide to go off and find Jaqen, I hope the Hound stays with her. Maybe he feels the need to protect her or something after all the awful shtein that's happened.

The Cersi/Jaime thing was a bit weird mostly because the whole time I was sitting there thinking DUDE SHE'S YOUR SISTER.

I'm really happy that Varys is on Tyrion's side and wants to see him ascend. Varys is a really good ally to have. I don't know how much longer Tyrion is going to put up with Tywin's shtein. And I love seeing Tywin and Joffery fight.

Quote from: Eagaholic on June 10, 2013, 02:11:17 AM
Yeah, usually they segue well from one scene to the next but the first several minutes were blunt cuts, like going from Arya seeing her dead brother's decapitated body with his direwolf's head attached to Tyrion strolling along with Sansa.  I think that gave a hard edge and added to an intended effect of how it was supposed to hit the viewer.

As if last week wasn't bad enough, them marching his body out with the wolf's head on it screaming "here comes the King in the North!" was just brutal insult to injury. I really hope we get some sweet Stark revenge by the end of this series. Frey and Bolton need to die.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

hbionic

I'm getting a feeling that Bolton is almost as smart as Tywin in terms of plotting. He's positioned himself rather well.

The Hound/Arya combo is pretty dope. I do hope they tear things up together. Maybe she'll spare him.

I'm with Munson, all of a sudden, I'm pulling for the Grejoys to succeed. The sister seems to be tough as nails. I can't wait to see how that story develops in 10 years when the show comes back.

I have a feeling that Jamie Lannister is going to have to break things off with his sister to pursue Brienne's heart. I think he loves her and she loves him. Sister Hoyda is not as good as warrior-chick Hoyda.

Ok, so...road trip for the season opener? Who's hosting?
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Eagles_Legendz

Munson, if you're looking to read part of the 3rd book without being spoiled going forward, you're good to read through p.737.

Eagaholic, I thought the 8th episode with Tyrions wedding was one of the funniest episodes in the shows history.

Munson

Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on June 10, 2013, 09:33:22 AM
Munson, if you're looking to read part of the 3rd book without being spoiled going forward, you're good to read through p.737.

Eagaholic, I thought the 8th episode with Tyrions wedding was one of the funniest episodes in the shows history.

So they actually covered everything up to that page without anything else being left for the future? I assumed they might have jumped around a lot and left some things in the first half for later.
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Eagles_Legendz

They jumped around a little bit, but you're not going to spoil anything major by reading to that point.

Eagaholic

E_L, Tyrion had a great line in E8 when he said to Sansa something to the effect of 'come, I'll tell you all about it, it will it you in the mood' after telling everybody how he once was so drunk he threw up on a girl when making love. His previous lines were funny but not light because of the tension, not knowing how Joffrey would react by Tyrion's threatening to cut off his cork. I can't remember other parts from the show though that made me laugh.

rjs246

Great end to the season. This show needs less references to cocklessness, though. Between Varys, Theon and Tyrion's threats to Joffrey, I get a little squirmy in the pants just sitting through an episode and listening to all of the dick-torture conversation.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Munson

Quote from: Eagaholic on June 10, 2013, 12:20:44 PM
E_L, Tyrion had a great line in E8 when he said to Sansa something to the effect of 'come, I'll tell you all about it, it will it you in the mood' after telling everybody how he once was so drunk he threw up on a girl when making love. His previous lines were funny but not light because of the tension, not knowing how Joffrey would react by Tyrion's threatening to cut off his cork. I can't remember other parts from the show though that made me laugh.

There were a couple of more subtle ones, even in the Red Wedding episode. Walder looking at Robb like "you missed out on my hot daughter!" made me chuckle, and then the ugly Frey girls looking at the Blackfish and smiling, and Blackfish turning away as fast as possible.

Munson

Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on June 10, 2013, 12:05:45 PM
They jumped around a little bit, but you're not going to spoil anything major by reading to that point.

Thank you, sir. I can live with some minor spoilers, especially because a lot of them are so minor that I don't end up thinking of them as spoilers.

hbionic

Quote from: rjs246 on June 10, 2013, 12:36:55 PM
Great end to the season. This show needs less references to cocklessness, though. Between Varys, Theon and Tyrion's threats to Joffrey, I get a little squirmy in the pants just sitting through an episode and listening to all of the dick-torture conversation.

Shut up, you love it!

Munson

Eagles_Legendz

Quote from: Eagaholic on June 10, 2013, 12:20:44 PM

Olenna Tyrell doing her own version of I'm my own grandpa was my favorite funny part of that episode.  That or Tyrion hoisting a cup to Loras as if to say you're next as Loras looks horrified.

Munson

Yeah Lady Olenna was the best addition of this season. She's up there with Tyrion on my favorite characters list

Eagles_Legendz

We meet people from Dorne next season.  The last major house in Westeros yet to make an appearance. 

hbionic

God damnit! Eagle Legendz!

So much for surprises.