Game of Thrones

Started by Diomedes, February 24, 2013, 07:52:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eagaholic

Quote from: SD on July 17, 2017, 11:00:16 AM
They were looking for a way to defeat the walkers, dragon glass is the way. He found the mother load. Dragon glass is just as valuable against walkers as valyrian steel.

My only complaint was the opening scene was way too predictable.

Most underrated character on the show is Lyanna Mormont. What a little bad ass.
I have to say I didn't like Lyanna's outburst to Lord Glover this time (the last tie was great). All Glover said was to question if he had to put a sword in his daughter's hand, not every girl's, and Lyanna went on some rant about she doesn't need permission to arm herself, but he said nothing of the sort.

I think Sam will have more big reveals than just the dragon glass deposit, especially since we already knew of it through Stannis. One clue was the astrolabe, just about the first thing we see when Sam went to the Citadel front desk (and then again as those strange chandeliers). It is the central most symbol in GOT aside from the iron throne.

Eagaholic

Quote from: Munson on July 17, 2017, 11:16:00 AM
I feel like it's def been implied, maybe just in the books, that the Iron Bank hires Faceless Men sometimes. I don't know if it's that elaborate of a ploy, but I def expect the Iron Bank to show up again this season. With Tywin dead and Stannis dead they're gonna want to make sure Cersei understands that they need their money now.
Yes, and they also probably understand she isn't long for the world as well - and they probably understand she is broke, otherwise why would they have been borrowing so much and then needing the Tyrells so badly. Davos owes them more than a nice chunk of change now as well (Stannis really, but I'm sure they will come looking for Davos) and expect him to continue overthrowing the Lannisters.

SD

Quote from: Eagaholic on July 17, 2017, 11:16:32 AM
They were looking for a way to defeat the walkers, dragon glass is the way. He found the mother load. Dragon glass is just as valuable against walkers as valyrian steel.

I have to say I didn't like Lyanna's outburst to Lord Glover this time (the last tie was great). All Glover said was to question if he had to put a sword in his daughter's hand, not every girl's, and Lyanna went on some rant about she doesn't need permission to arm herself, but he said nothing of the sort.

I don't remember the exact interaction, but it came across to me as her saying if I am willing to put a sword in my hand and get my hands dirty and I'm a young ruler of my house than your people should do the same. He was disagreeing with the premise, the rest of the room would have probably agreed with him, she stepped in and out alpha maled. I mean, how do you save face in a room full of men and leaders when a young girl is saying she's willing to put a sword in her hand.

Munson

Yeah I wonder if Davos gets held responsible for Stannis' debts now, or if they write it off as a sunk cost now that he's gone
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

SD

You guys read the books so you have a little more insight. But who protects the Iron Bank? Do they have an Army or can they call for aid if someone decides to overthrow them? What I came away with was Euron was going to get Tyrion. But that seems too obvious and I have no idea how he would pull that off. The Iron Born are pillagers, what's to stop him from gathering his fleet and raiding the Iron Bank. What better gift to give to prove his worth and loyalty then to dissolve all of their debt.

QB Eagles

It's implied that the Iron Bank is significantly more powerful than any armed force in the world. It achieves its ends through political manipulation and any other means necessary, including assassination. It's also extremely well informed, making a surprise raid basically impossible.

smeags

I assume little finger will at some point, learn that jon is not ned's bastich son which will of course set off a chain of events in the north.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Munson

Quote from: smeags on July 17, 2017, 12:35:53 PM
I assume little finger will at some point, learn that jon is not ned's bastich son which will of course set off a chain of events in the north.

When Littlefinger is in the crypts with Sansa last season he gives her a look when she mentions Rhaegar and Lyanna's story and it seemed to imply he knew something about their relationship and it possibly being more consensual than the popular story. He may already think that there's no way the honorable Ned Stark would father a bastich and believe Ned was covering up something more.
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

smeags

yeah, he either knows it already and is holding that info until he needs to reveal it, or he has his suspicions and just hasnt confirmed it yet.

no matter what, that will become an issue down the road.

does bran make it down to winterfell now or does something stop that ? 

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Munson

It looks like they're setting up to have Jon go south to try and get the dragon glass from
Dany, so my guess is Bran will get to Winterfell just in time to miss Jon.

Will create a lot of questions on who should be KITN. Some of the lords may want to put Bran there by right.

QB Eagles

I feel like Bran won't go to Winterfell until much later, if ever. He's Cripple Raven now. He's got bigger concerns than Stark property rights. Plus I think he'll eventually be warging into a dragon to cook some zombies, and that will probably happen at Eastwatch by the Sea.

Eventually LF's downfall will happen because Sansa outsmarts him. They might be setting up for that this season, or it could be delayed until the end, because I'm not sure where her character development could go after that. I think the show will bait us into thinking she's being used, and then she'll close the trap on him.

I'm less sure that will happen in the books, but the show is too PC to just have a young lady who's dumb, wrong, and manipulated by guys for the whole story. Her little "badass Sansa" moments so far haven't been enough.

Eagaholic

Quote from: SD on July 17, 2017, 11:31:26 AM
Quote from: Eagaholic on July 17, 2017, 11:16:32 AM

I don't remember the exact interaction, but it came across to me as her saying if I am willing to put a sword in my hand and get my hands dirty and I'm a young ruler of my house than your people should do the same. He was disagreeing with the premise, the rest of the room would have probably agreed with him, she stepped in and out alpha maled. I mean, how do you save face in a room full of men and leaders when a young girl is saying she's willing to put a sword in her hand.
If you are here, you just call her an entitled little white middle westerosi NRA pub.

Munson

Eagaholic

Wow. Great ep - was there any actor still alive who wasn't at the party? Hot Pie, Nymeria... I guess Bronn and sweet Robin didn't make it.  I was waiting for Old Nan to come barreling down Euron's gangway. Still waiting for Kinvara to bust in, though. It would be funny to see Sam get kicked out of the Citadel. This ep was less than an hour but should have gone 1:20.

Munson

Quote from: Eagaholic on July 23, 2017, 10:50:03 PM
Wow. Great ep - was there any actor still alive who wasn't at the party? Hot Pie, Nymeria... I guess Bronn and sweet Robin didn't make it.  I was waiting for Old Nan to come barreling down Euron's gangway. Still waiting for Kinvara to bust in, though. It would be funny to see Sam get kicked out of the Citadel. This ep was less than an hour but should have gone 1:20.

None of the Brotherhood and through two episodes we've spent all of 45 seconds with Bran.