Game of Thrones

Started by Diomedes, February 24, 2013, 07:52:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eagles_Legendz

Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on April 28, 2016, 03:21:23 PM
I expect this episode to be slow-ish (though hopefully with Tormund ending some NW people) due to how many characters it still needs to cover and reintroduce.  Id expect episode 3 is when it picks up.

Glad I was wrong. 

Also, the last part of next weeks promo...awesome, all I'm gone to say.

Eagles_Legendz

Also generally not a big Greyjoy fan but "I am the storm brother" was pretty awesome.

QB Eagles

Great ep all around. Although I was hoping the end was just a tease, I think it would have amped up the drama to see that it wasn't going to be that easy.

Eagaholic

Last week's ep was mediocre and only redeemed by Mel's last scene. This week was strong all around. I even have hope that the Greyjoy line might be pretty decent. It'll be interesting when Theon shows up, anyway.

Ramsey's arc is also becoming interesting. He showed some character development last week with Miranda's death. It seemed like his actions tonight weren't pre planned so much as a reaction to Roose repudiating Ramsey and Karstark's reference to John Snow as not a brother of Sansa or son of Ned, but just a bastich. I think that tripped the panic button as to the Bolton heir. If he thinks he, the Umbers and Karstarks can just take the rest of the north rather than seeing the need to unite with them against the crown he's a small time player that doesn't get the big picture, which Roose alluded to last week.

Another great scene with Tommen and Cercei. I wouldn't be surprised if she meets her demise via Gregor's sword at some point.

phattymatty

I thought first week was pretty boring but this week was good. I'm not excited about much on this show, but the fact that the two best things on it (midget and dragons) may become besties is pretty cool.

smeags

just wanted to point out that I called Melisandre bringing jon back to life.

yes, I know, it was a real stretch.

anyone catch the symbol left when they drug jon away from the murder scene ?
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Eagaholic

Quote from: smeags on May 02, 2016, 12:44:11 PM
just wanted to point out that I called Melisandre bringing jon back to life.

yes, I know, it was a real stretch.

anyone catch the symbol left when they drug jon away from the murder scene ?
Actually, what was really interesting to me was the symbol of the smoking basket (that they burn fires in) in the opening scene of the season. It shrouded the scene of Jon on the ground in smoke and seemed to suggest that since the fire's gone out Jon is dead - except for in one shot there is a glimpse of a still burning ember hanging on (also made me think of the 'born amidst salt and smoke' prophesy). That told me right there he's still viable. The weird thing is I saw the exact same type of smoking basket in the scene where Tyrion and Varys are on their way to finding the ships on fire in Mereen. No ember in that one though.

Question: what kind of story is Ramsey going to concoct to explain how 'enemies' could have poisoned Roos. How bad would it be (and totally GRRM) for the Boltons to find Theon on his way back to the Iron Islands. That would be good for Ramsey. Theon, not so much.

smeags

so, what about tyrion with the dragons ?

Eagaholic

They seemed to warm up to him

smeags

targaryen blood possibly ? or was it just a case of them knowing he is friends with daenerys ?

QB Eagles

Dany, Jon, and Tyrion are the three heads of the dragon. Eventual king, queen, and hand. All targs. Or at least I think that's what GRRM wants us to think.

Eagles_Legendz

Don't think all 3 of them are making it through alive

smeags

Quote from: QB Eagles on May 02, 2016, 03:31:08 PM
Dany, Jon, and Tyrion are the three heads of the dragon. Eventual king, queen, and hand. All targs. Or at least I think that's what GRRM wants us to think.

I wondered about tyrion before, as im sure others did, but as soon as he got that close to the dragons there was no doubt. unless GRRM flips that.

so, who was his father ? the mad king ?

Eagles_Legendz

Honestly not sure the show is going that route at all.  They made a point to have Missandei say the dragons were friendly to her first indicating that they can sense who is a friend etc.  Doesn't necessarily need to be a Targ and they haven't really laid any foundation for that in the show.

Munson

Yeah I think they went out of their way to talk about how they treat friends friendly, and how they're smart, etc. So I wouldn't read too much into it yet.

I also don't think Jon, Dany, and Tyrion all make it to the end. My surprise ending would be Dany dying in the War for the Dawn, Jon and Sansa get together (since they are revealed to be cousins, not brother and sister), and their kid becomes the heir to the Iron Throne.

Not sure if Jon actually gets crowned king or not if that situation were to arise, as he would technically still be a bastich. Even if he were legitimized by Dany, there's bad blood in the history of Westeros as it pertains to legitimized Targaryen bastiches being welcomed to the Iron Throne. But I don't know how him and Dany end up King and Queen because Dany can't have kids, if the curse from the lamb woman is to be believed. So it would make sense for Jon and Sansa to get together to continue the Targ bloodline, even if that kid would only be quarter Targ (and there's the whole weirdness of those two being raised together as brother-sister..lol)

Maybe Westerosi law doesnt' allow Jon to be king as a bastich, so he marry's Sansa, rules as Warden of the North, Tyrion acts as regent until the Jon/Sansa kid comes of age? Who knows.

Also don't know where that would leave Bran. If he really is the new Bloodraven, it would make sense for him to become the King's Hand.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds