McMahon or Detmer?

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, February 08, 2006, 11:17:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

If the Eagles had to KEEP one of the two, which one would you rather?

Mike McMahon
Koy Detmer

PoopyfaceMcGee

Note that there is no option to shoot yourself in the head.  Which one would you keep if you had to keep one?

Wingspan

the only advantage mcmahon has over detmer is that mcmahon is younger, and may actually improve a little bit. detmer gets worse by the minute.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

MURP

Detmer.     Atleast he is fun to make fun of.   

Zanshin

McMahon.  At least he has some raw tools.  He can't use them at this point, but every once in a blue moon, he looks like a QB.

Wingspan

detmer has the armstrength of dave dravecky
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Phanatic

Cut Detmer

...but who's going to hold for Akers!!
This post is brought to you by Alcohol!

PhillyPhanInDC

Keep Detmer, no one who is in a backup role knows the offense better than he does. He is a Akers' holder, and he can help the next guy who comes in to be a solid backup. Detmer doesn't have the physical tools of a starting QB, but everything else is there. Where as McMahon has the phsyical tools, but nothing else.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

MURP

how many INT's returned for TD's did McMahon have this year.   Nothing to do with this Detmer/McMahon thing, im just curious... was it 4 ?

PhillyPhanInDC

Quote from: MURP on February 08, 2006, 12:43:31 PM
how many INT's returned for TD's did McMahon have this year.   Nothing to do with this Detmer/McMahon thing, im just curious... was it 4 ?

I know he threw more TDs to the opposing defense than he through to Eagles offense all year. Not really, but probably close. He had 5 TDs and 8 picks all year...so it's probably four or five.  :-D
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

Wingspan

Quote from: PhillyPhaninDC on February 08, 2006, 12:27:52 PM
Keep Detmer, no one who is in a backup role knows the offense better than he does. He is a Akers' holder, and he can help the next guy who comes in to be a solid backup. Detmer doesn't have the physical tools of a starting QB, but everything else is there. Where as McMahon has the phsyical tools, but nothing else.

who cares what he knows. all he does is throw to the backs of the offensive linemen.

being a good holder is not a reason to have a job in the nfl.
Connection Problems

MURP

Quote from: Wingspan on February 08, 2006, 01:20:51 PM

lol, yet Koy has had one for quite some time. 

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

paco

I'm not from Philly but some say I'm blunt.

Diomedes

Only if you're putting together a team for competetive drunk driving.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhanInDC

Quote from: Wingspan on February 08, 2006, 01:20:51 PM
Quote from: PhillyPhaninDC on February 08, 2006, 12:27:52 PM

who cares what he knows. all he does is throw to the backs of the offensive linemen.

They are going to have three QBs again. McNabb, XXX, McMahon/Detmer. I don't think that either McMahon or Detmer will be the number 2 guy (other that using that spot for holding purposes). If it is the number three spot that one guy is staying around in, let it be Detmer.