Sports Suffering Cities (updated thru '19 Washington Nationals)

Started by ice grillin you, January 28, 2006, 11:58:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

QB Eagles

Each style of drought is bad in their own way. All Portland has is the Blazers and look how much they have cockteased the city after winning everything in their first playoff season. Now even Greg Oden sucks.

Cleveland, Buffalo, and Seattle are all completely miserable sports cities, and their fans all have the same kind of crushed, defeated spirit as Philly fans had. [The difference is Philly is a huge 4-team city that is a much bigger sports town than any of those places.] Obviously as long as Cleveland has LeBron though, they are liable to break their streak any year. With Buffalo and Seattle there is no end in sight, really. Seattle lost their only team that ever won anything.

Minneapolis, Atlanta, Dallas, and Washington are all 4-team cities. Here's to hoping that Dallas or Washington break through 47.

MDS

cleveland = beyond the worst

hockey is barely a big sport and theyre not missing anything. plus their football team moved to freaking baltimore.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Quote from: QB Eagles on May 28, 2009, 08:17:24 PM
Minneapolis, Atlanta, Dallas, and Washington are all 4-team cities. Here's to hoping that Dallas or Washington break through 47.

my point is that none have been four team cities for nearly as long as the 25 year philly drought...meaning their make the playoffs numbers cant really be compared to phillys since philly could increse theirs more easily
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

Quote from: QB Eagles on May 28, 2009, 08:17:24 PM
Cleveland, Buffalo, and Seattle are all completely miserable sports cities, and their fans all have the same kind of crushed, defeated spirit as Philly fans had.

having lived there for a few years, i can tell you without a doubt that seattle fans do not have the same kind of crushed and defeated spirit that philly fans had prior to the WS last year.  and it's not that seattle fans aren't supported of their teams.  but sports do not rank as high on the priority list for people living in that part of the country.  seattle sports fans don't live and die with their teams.  for them, win or lose, their lives go on virtually unaffected.  and if the mariners and seahawks packed up today and moved, everyone up there (sans the few diehards) would be over it in a couple of weeks and would go back to starbucks and drink crapacinnos while blogging about how they cry every time they see a tree get cut down or how they can't wait to get a new body piercing or how excited they are to go shopping for a new pair of berkenstocks. 

ice grillin you

yeah seattle is a joke and buffalo has two teams....in no way can either be compared to philly

Sgt PSN

Buffalo is a good sports town enev though they only have 2 teams...one of which is hockey and barely even counts. But bills fan are just as tortured as eagles fans. Maybe even more since the bills were knocking on the door 4 years in a row. 

ice grillin you

i dont give a flying farg about bills fans...im talkin sports CITIES and buffalo is awful

Don Ho

Honolulu is a perfect 1000.  Someone always wins the Pro Bowl!

With that said I hope Miami keeps that pathetic game.  Listening to adults starting "NFC" & "AFC" chants has lead me to the top of Aloha Stadium to find a nice, high place to jump many a time.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

QB Eagles

They announced months ago that the 2011 and 2012 Pro Bowls are going to be in Hawaii.

Don Ho

Quote from: QB Eagles on May 29, 2009, 10:17:18 PM
They announced months ago that the 2011 and 2012 Pro Bowls are going to be in Hawaii.

Don't remind me.   Maybe VS. channel will get the rights.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Don Ho on May 29, 2009, 10:38:39 PM

If it does, I'm sure the NHL will be bumped.

Don Ho

Quote from: Geowhizzer on May 29, 2009, 11:31:41 PM
Quote from: Don Ho on May 29, 2009, 10:38:39 PM

If it does, I'm sure the NHL will be bumped.

NO!

ice grillin you

solid day of games

fyi - your 76ers are the only undefeated team so far this week

ice grillin you

shaping up to be one of the all time worst sports weekends ever and thats saying a lot for philly

QB Eagles

Bit premature for that, and besides, the Giants and taterskins lost.