The Coaching Search Thread

Started by PhillyPhreak54, December 31, 2012, 07:51:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

I'm not hating on him and I wouldn't be mad if they hired him.

Same amount of SBs as King Gruden

SD

Ugghhhhh...they're going to farging hire Billick I just know it.

Earlier I said there wasn't a candidate I wanted less than Brian Kelly/Nolan/Arians.

Now there's one: Brian Billick

Worst coach to ever win a SB. How can you listen to him during games and actually think he has a farging clue? I'd rather have Reid back.

PhillyPhreak54

Judging a coach by his announcing is wrong, I think.

Eagles_Legendz

He seems clueless about things like time management etc.  Anyone who would consider a Fg/onside kick that game should not be a NFL HC.  Also he said Seattle couldn't throw over the middle not noting the 2 TOs they had at the end etc etc.   I don't want him for other reasons, but he seems to be out of it broadcasting games.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on January 13, 2013, 04:54:11 PM

Not when it comes to common sense football shtein like "This is probably 4 down territory here with 2 minutes left down by 6 on the opponents 35, although they could kick a FG and go for the onsides kick". No they can't you farging idiot.

PoopyfaceMcGee

I hope they don't hire anyone for a while. This thread is a win.

Eagles_Legendz

Quote from: SD on January 13, 2013, 04:57:48 PM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on January 13, 2013, 04:54:11 PM

Not when it comes to common sense football shtein like "This is probably 4 down territory here with 2 minutes left down by 6 on the opponents 35, although they could kick a FG and go for the onsides kick". No they can't you farging idiot.

This.

I'll take Lovie in a 2nd over Billick if you're dealing with re-treads.

ice grillin you

Quote from: PoopyfaceMcGee on January 13, 2013, 04:57:49 PM
I hope they don't hire anyone for a while. This thread is a win.

more of win than your 47 multiple personality posts?

PhillyPhreak54

A football coach is in his element in the sideline - not in a booth. So he says dumb things but that doesn't mean he's less than qualified to be a coach because he said to kick the FG which I believe he said was an option not that they could do it.

He was a HC and OC for awhile.

He's not some bum because his color analysis stinks

Rome

SD

He's picked as an announcer for his football knowledge, lol at the 'out of his element' comment.

Re-treads I'd take over Billick:
Cowher
Gruden

Lovie

Any other re-tread

Billick

ice grillin you

if analyzing a football game on TV was a pre-requisite for an nfl coaching job id be on the top of everyones list

PhillyPhreak54

And while we are on the subject of clock management and snap decisions you all watch football so no doubt you see dumb farging decisions all the time.

Look at the NFC game today.

Eagles_Legendz

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 13, 2013, 05:08:42 PM
if analyzing a football game on TV was a pre-requisite for an nfl coaching job id be on the top of everyones list

It's not the analyzing part or sticking his foot in his mouth sometimes, it's comments about strategy during in-game situations which is worrisome.   He said some shtein today that anyone watching football for more than a year wouldn't have said.

I'll run the risk of some unknown.  I like Billick's personality but would much rather go the coordinator route.