The Coaching Search Thread

Started by PhillyPhreak54, December 31, 2012, 07:51:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reese125

exactly--when has the eagles ever stayed the course of media predictions

ice grillin you

Quote from: SD on January 04, 2013, 10:15:21 PM
For whatever reason I have this feeling they're going to pull a candidate out of nowhere. They'll interview all these coordinators then they'll go and hire someone from left field like George Seifert.

mel tucker?
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

BigEd76

Mort:

QuoteOregon coach Chip Kelly and the Cleveland Browns wrapped up seven hours of meetings Friday that were characterized as "very positive," though Kelly informed the Browns that he would proceed to interview with the Buffalo Bills and the Philadelphia Eagles, according to team and league sources.

Kelly interviewed for five hours with Browns owner Jimmy Haslam and CEO Joe Banner before they took a break and had a two-hour dinner. The sides agreed to talk again Saturday night after Kelly's interviews with the Bills later Friday night and the Eagles on Saturday.

While sources say Kelly has positioned himself as the favorite to become the next Browns coach, there is no contractual agreement in place. However, the two sides see no significant obstacles that would prevent a contract being completed if they decide to move forward Saturday night, the sources added.

Kelly informed Haslam and Banner that he wanted to "go through the process" by meeting with the Bills and Eagles, something he regretted last hiring season when he only interviewed with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, according to a source close to the Oregon coach.

Haslam and Banner did not object to Kelly's wishes to meet with those teams.

Don Ho

I love the 5 hour meeting, a break followed by 2 hour dinner then he met with the Bills part.  I know it's a quick flight to Buffalo from Cleveland but what time was the meeting?  Midnight?  I'm sure it was real productive.  He'll be bright eyed and bushy tailed for the birds meeting.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Eagaholic

It's all part of Jeff's plan. Get him tired and worn out to the point he can't think straight, then get him to sign. Just like Stalin and Roosevelt, can't fail.

BigEd76

All of the meetings are in Arizona

PhillyPhreak54

Imagine interviewing with Joe Banner. Gotta be awkward right? You know that dude doesn't have any hobbies other than number crunching and finding ways to be a fleshpop so what does he talk about to lighten the mood? He's not some scotch slamming elder who womanizes and can be like "hey look at the tits on that broad over there would ya!"

Five hours of salary cap talk? What kind of spreadsheet you like to use?

BTW - Dio's infatuation with Mike Nolan and his suits is creepy. Enjoy the suits when they're 6-10 to 9-7 each year. But at least he will be dapper doing it!

PhillyPhanInDC

Since hearing of him for the first time the other day, I've been reading a bit about Gus Bradley. The more I read the more I think he fits the Birds MO. Relative unknown but really well respected in NFL circles. He's young at 46, and seems to be thought of as innovative and understands the "new" NFL game. At this point I think that while it may not be Bradley, it'll someone with a similar background that becomes the next HC. I also think it's pretty farging disappointing the Birds haven't interviewed Horton, unless I missed something.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

Rome

Smartest Guys In The Air?

Also...

Who the farg writes these headlines?   Jesus, talk about embarrassing.

troyhstewart94

BOB was my 1st choice. Gus Bradley sounds interesting, as I wouldn't mind a Defensive HC.

Or retread and get BOB in a few years with his FO guy.

Diomedes

How bizarre.  Since when do the people doing the hiring fly themselves out to interview the job seeker? 

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Sgt PSN

Desperation is a stinky cologne.

Diomedes

I can't get away from the feeling that the real problem with this team is Lurie.

If they hire someone after pissing all over themselves when he agrees to receive them at his leisure, I'm dropping my "anyone but Reid" position and hopping on the "farg you Lurie" bandwagon.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SD

They asked permission to interview Jay Gruden

Sgt PSN

Can he bring Daulton and AJ Green with him?