2017/2018 Phillies Off-Season Thread

Started by PhillyPhreak54, October 09, 2017, 10:48:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

their system is overrated and machado is 25...there isnt a single player in the phillies organization i wouldnt give up for manny but if you are putting in order who i would least give up nola and sixto would be ahead of hoskins
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

hes going to be a free agent next year...why on earth would you trade for him. hes not signing an extension here or anywhere.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on December 14, 2017, 10:19:13 AM
hes going to be a free agent next year...why on earth would you trade for him. hes not signing an extension here or anywhere.

chicago trying to sign him to an extension right now and if they cant they will trade him to the yankees who will

MDS

the orioles arent going to let him get to the yankees...they hate them more than j hates common sense and logic

the most likely scenario for MM is a deadline trade to not the yankees, then theres an insane bidding war for him next winter
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

Quote from: ice grillin you on December 14, 2017, 09:49:25 AM
their system is overrated and machado is 25...there isnt a single player in the phillies organization i wouldnt give up for manny but if you are putting in order who i would least give up nola and sixto would be ahead of hoskins

Sorry I meant on the current 25 roster.  I'd give up 24 of them including NOLA. 

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on December 14, 2017, 10:32:26 AM
the orioles arent going to let him get to the yankees...they hate them more than j hates common sense and logic

the most likely scenario for MM is a deadline trade to not the yankees, then theres an insane bidding war for him next winter

they have no control where he goes after they trade him....word is now if the sox will include gio and koepeck its a done deal...they would ideally sign him long term but if not they will move him to the yanks

smeags

Quote from: AntiRome on December 13, 2017, 07:38:08 PM
Quote from: MDS on December 13, 2017, 09:06:51 AM
1) that was before youth travel circuit destroyed kids arms. separate issue but having these kids wear out there arms so much at 14-18 isnt good.
2) again, a fresh pitcher facing a lineup for the first time is better than a tired pitcher facing that same lineup for the 3rd and 4th times.

there are a handful of exceptions. kershaw. verlander. sale. NOLA! but theres a reason why barely anybody throws 200 innings anymore.

Lol at the youth travel circuit.   You really do live in your own world, kid.

he's right.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on December 14, 2017, 11:16:45 AM

they have no control where he goes after they trade him....word is now if the sox will include gio and koepeck its a done deal...they would ideally sign him long term but if not they will move him to the yanks

they arent trading him to the sox just so he can flipped to the yanks. stop being paranoid about the big bad yankees. this isnt 1998.

youre not going to believe this but its possible they dont even have the money for machado. they could be looking at him as a rental since they have a title team.

QB Eagles

Gonna be a sad day here on CF when the fantasy of Machado in a Phils uniform finally dies.

SD

Quote from: QB Eagles on December 14, 2017, 12:31:31 PM
Gonna be a sad day here on CF when the fantasy of Machado in a Phils uniform finally dies.

Imagine the joy though, when Trout's in a Phillies uniform and him and Wentz are buddy buddy.

QB Eagles

It's the year 2022. Carson Wentz, Joel Embiid, and Mike Trout, all 100% healthy and still the best superstar players in their respective leagues, are attending a party celebrating the Flyers third consecutive Stanley Cup. Wentz cracks a joke about the 0-16 season the Cowboys have just endured. Embiid responds by trashing Lonzo Ball, still gratuitously mocking him three years after he flamed out of the NBA and joined the other Ball brothers overseas. Trout just smiles, so happy that he choose to come home, and confident that he will one day surpass Barry Bonds' home run record playing for the team he grew up with.

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on December 14, 2017, 12:20:56 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on December 14, 2017, 11:16:45 AM

they arent trading him to the sox just so he can flipped to the yanks. stop being paranoid about the big bad yankees. this isnt 1998.

youre not going to believe this but its possible they dont even have the money for machado. they could be looking at him as a rental since they have a title team.

QuoteLAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. – In a surprising turn of events, the rebuilding Chicago White Sox have emergedas the most aggressive suitor for Orioles third baseman Manny Machado, according to major-league sources.

The White Sox want to land Machado and sign him long-term before he becomes a free agent at the end of the season, sources said. However, the possibility also exists that the White Sox could flip Machado to another club — most likely the New York Yankees — and secure additional prospects for what already is one of the game's best farm systems, if not the best.

The Orioles, who seek two young, controllable starting pitchers for Machado, also have spoken about their three-time All-Star with the Yankees, San Francisco Giants, Boston Red Sox and St. Louis Cardinals, sources said.

There is no indication that Orioles owner Peter Angelos would give final approval to a trade of his team's best player. But Angelos' son, Lou, is helping drive the team's discussions on Machado at the winter meetings, providing impetus and direction, sources said.

Machado, 25, would be young enough to lead the White Sox's return to prominence, provided the team acquired him and signed him long-term. He has informed the Orioles he wants to return to shortstop, his original position, but one he has played only sparingly in the majors. The White Sox could accommodate that wish, displacing Tim Anderson, who at 24 is only a year younger than Machado.

Dan Duquette, the Orioles' vice-president of baseball operations, told The Baltimore Sun he would consider trading Machado to an AL East rival, even the Yankees. Peter Angelos, though, likely would balk at trading Machado to the Yankees, sources said. A deal to the White Sox would be more comfortable short-term for the Orioles, though Machado always could return to the AL East as a free agent after the 2018 season.

The extent of the Orioles' direct conversations with the Yankees and Red Sox on Machado is not clear. The San Francisco Giants offered third baseman Christian Arroyo as part of a package, but the teams could not find a match, sources said. The Cardinals considered the Orioles' request for two young starting pitchers too steep after trading four prospects, including right-hander Sandy Alcantara, to the Miami Marlins for outfielder Marcell Ozuna.

MDS

some orioles guy is saying the o's want sixto and the phils are like NOPE

again. im gonna bet hes hitting the open market.

Rome

If he agrees to a contract extension with no out clause, then who cares who they give up?

PhillyPhreak54

Would you give up Sixto and Kingery?

I would