The Hip-Hop Thread

Started by hbionic, May 15, 2006, 05:44:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

Its honestly been a true life tough week for a lot of people i know...we know the birds but way bigger is dave from de la....im an emotional hard rock but this was the first celebrity death that i ever teared up at...maybe cause i was stuck at 30th street on a two hour post all time sports loss for three hours delay but the shtein hit me...soundtrack of your youth is a cliche but he really was....anyway in between dry heaving at 30th street i was listening to this

https://youtu.be/Rp2Wg9A6d5A

im glad i gotta baby girl
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

one of two songs biggie and the ballet dancer ever appeared on together and big puts together one of the most ridiculous performances ever....in hip hop you never wanna go after a really good emcee much less last on a posse cut after 3 legendary emcees but biggie seeked it out and ate all three for lunch

the best part of his verse is he has a faux beginning that you think is his verse but hes basically saying to the others my farg around rhymes better than your whole verse that you worked on for the last month

https://youtu.be/8FKDWCn4ys0

SD

Wu Tang/NAS are doing a show in AC September 29th

ice grillin you

phattymatty

this is creepy/scary shtein.  and we're just in the beginning.

Completely AI...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Np2JQjz5WE

phattymatty

Anyone else notice Too Short making a comeback lately?  Not mad about it but I been hearing him at bars and from cars a lot recently. Probably more in the last 2-3 months than total combined in my life.

Diomedes

i like this

sebastian laws especially

https://youtu.be/GoNBA9yY4pk
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

Dope drums but the emcee is a suicide inducer.

Diomedes

The third dude is Sebastian Laws, who was one half of New Kingdom...always liked them.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

hunt

sirius xm channel 105 is now the beastie boys channel if anyone cares. i think it's a temporary thing.
lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

ice grillin you

Quote from: hunt on September 07, 2023, 08:55:42 AMsirius xm channel 105 is now the beastie boys channel if anyone cares. i think it's a temporary thing.

can they just play pauls boutique on a loop?

phattymatty

all sirius channels are basically 25 songs on a constant loop.

my car only plays the 90s hip hop channel and lithium channel and both have extremely small playlists.

Diomedes

this is true even of the "deep cuts" channels they have..which are supposed to surprise you with interesting shtein, but for the most part I know everything they play, which is not a boast:  I'm no scholar of rock and roll or anything.

Nothing beats the mega-pod in my pocket, with like 300GB of music I know I like in it, rando shuffle and I still discover shtein I didn't know I had.

PhillyPhreak54

I only have sirius in my truck since it's my daily driver but I use it for sports talk and hip hop and that's true.

In the mustang I just use Apple Music

Diomedes

what's the current mustang and why can't you see that a Camaro is a better car?