Missing Hugh...

Started by Zanshin, September 15, 2005, 01:39:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zanshin

I ain't missin' Hugh at all...since Hugh been gone away.  I can liiiiiie to myself....

Okay, now that I have that out of my system; I thought this was an interesting blurb buried in a Yahoo! story:

QuoteWIND SPRINTS

Here's one drama that didn't make it out of the Philadelphia Eagles camp: Talking to an Eagles veteran after Monday night's loss to Atlanta, he said locker-room chemistry took a hit with the cutting of defensive end Hugh Douglas.
Tight friendships aside, the player said some veterans relished the fact that Douglas – who is a client of agent Drew Rosenhaus – confronted Terrell Owens privately during the training camp fiasco. According to the player, Douglas told Owens to "get with the program or shut the [expletive] up." The incident apparently took place not long after Douglas was brushed off by Owens in a preseason practice.

"It hurts that he's not going to be around," the player said of Douglas. "He deserved to be on this team. He could give us something. I know he could. He was important in [the locker room]. Guys looked to him sometimes. I don't think [the Eagles' front office] gave him his due for that."

After playing through pain last season, Douglas had undergone rotator cuff surgery in February and had been lauded by some coaches for getting himself ready for training camp. But he never appeared to be in top form, and the Eagles thought his one-year, $785,000 contract became expendable as the team brought along rookie defensive end Trent Cole.

rjs246

Yeah, well I pretty much agree with that 'source'.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

DH

Maybe if Hugh was able to look like a player against 2nd string teams, then he would have a spot on this team. But, when you look like shtein against 3rd team players, and guys who are now on practice squads, then you've got no shot - regardless of how much "he deserved to be on this team."

phattymatty

I don't care how bad he sucked in the preseason, his salary wasn't gonna hurt us and it's not like he's taking up a spot from anyone who's going to do anything special.  If he had a big salary, I'd say fine, but he didn't.

rjs246

Cut Mahe and Parry.
Bring back Ritchie and Hugh.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

ice grillin you

his salary wasn't gonna hurt us and it's not like he's taking up a spot from anyone who's going to do anything special

jeremy thornburgh would have something to say about that

anyway andy doesnt care if hughs presense would be a positive in the locker room this year...hes done and the future of the team and the cap is more important than winning a superbowl this year
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

mussa

Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

4and26

We'll all start missing Hugh if player like Cole don't produce on the field.

Rome

Quote from: rjs246 on September 15, 2005, 02:00:49 PM
Cut Mahe and Parry.
Bring back Ritchie and Hugh.

Thunderous sounds of a gong being hammered in the background...

:yay :yay :yay :yay :yay

MURP

simple solution.  If he cant produce on the field, but he produces in the locker room, sign him as a coach. wow, that was complicated. 

Sgt PSN

Quote from: MURP on September 15, 2005, 02:27:12 PM
simple solution. If he cant produce on the field, but he produces in the locker room, sign him as a coach. wow, that was complicated.

That's what the Indians did with Jake Taylor in Major League II and we all know how that worked out.