Anyone seen a good movie lately?

Started by henchmanUK, December 09, 2004, 11:44:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

is there 1 trumper left watching this besides sd
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on January 07, 2018, 10:23:25 PM
is there 1 trumper left watching this besides sd

no.....they are out looking for the next woman to rape

ice grillin you

MDS

jessica chestain so eager to get her cracks in she can barely spit the words out

the soarise ronan person was amazing btw

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on January 07, 2018, 10:36:05 PM
the soarise ronan person was amazing btw

watch brooklyn tomorrow

she is farging beyond words in that movie

MDS

susan sarandon who voted for jill stein trying to be a femanist

get lost funbags

ice grillin you

the post - spielberg at his best as a powerful story teller....hanks and streep in the zone along with a great cast...and a movie that will shake more patriotism out of you than all the anthems youve ever stood for combined..only minor complaint is that it gets a tad heavy handed at times...but it is super timely and i understand why they did some of what they did...yay newspapers and farg donald trump

10/10

MDS

phantom thread - you will never hear a better sound mix. the score from johnny greenwood is remarkable. ddl is outstanding. this vicky krieps person was great. the story isnt going to grab you but the emotions and the mood will. every footstep, bite of toast, pour of water, etc. are amplified. amazing film. 4.5/5

Rome

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 15, 2018, 03:00:45 PM
the post - spielberg at his best as a powerful story teller....hanks and streep in the zone along with a great cast...and a movie that will shake more patriotism out of you than all the anthems youve ever stood for combined..only minor complaint is that it gets a tad heavy handed at times...but it is super timely and i understand why they did some of what they did...yay newspapers and farg donald trump

10/10

Saw it this afternoon.  Holy shtein it was fantastic.  Meryl Streep was amazing but Bob Odenkirk was the best performance.  I typically can't stand Hanks and even he was tolerable as Bradlee. 

The guy from The Americans killed it as Daniel Ellsberg. 

A+ is every respect. 

SD

You typically can't stand Hanks? I'm sure the naysayers will be along shortly to disagree with me but what is there to dislike about Hanks? I'm pretty cynical but I struggle big time to find anything negative about him as an actor or a person.

Wonder Woman was average. Acting was bad. More on par with a decent Marvel movie. I think people gave it high praise because the other DC movies are so horrid. Gadot is a goddess.

Rome

Hanks plays usual vanilla self in every role.  That's ok in most cases, but when you are playing an actual historical figure, it's not.  He starred in this movie to get it green lit.  Sure it was Spielberg and Meryl too but just the same... I'm surprised and relieved it wasn't Clooney.

PS: Jason Robards WAS the definitive Ben Bradlee.   Any other actor automatically pales in comparison in my view. 

Rome

As a person I have nothing against him.  But as a performer... he's just blah. 

Edit - watch this scene and then compare that to Hanks' performance:

http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2014/10/21/ben_bradlee_in_all_the_presidents_men_watch_the_scene_where_jason_robards.html