Carson Wentz, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by MDS, April 20, 2016, 02:46:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

Toyota has ad's on the csn website that say "we don't back out of our two year deals"
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

nothing noteworthy...seems like a fine kid...

kudos for rockin a tie with a kelly green stripe on it

cant give a presser with gum in your mouth tho...this isnt mayberry usa

Don Ho

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 29, 2016, 04:06:35 PM

Quote from: MDS on April 29, 2016, 03:16:20 PM
https://www.facebook.com/DonBellSports/videos/1779910892244252/

welcome to philadelphia, now create a scene and sign an autograph for louie guadwopguido

Adult autograph seekers who wait and stalk athletes are the worst

I still run into people who ask me if I am going to the Pro Bowl to get autographs every year it's here.  I look at them with a deep stare that says I'd like to strangle them and try to kindly remind them that I am about 100 years old and I have moved on thank you. I used to take my son when he was 4, 5, 6 years old when my compnay had on field practice passes (which is how I actually got to meet Spadaro) back in 2001.  That was fun as the joy and excitement it brought to my son being up close and personal to the players he worshiped was priceless.  My son is now 19 and could give a shtein if Cam Newton or Richard Sherman asked him "hey, want my autograph?"  Seeing the 45 year old kooks with their duffle bags full of team helmets and mini footballs foaming at the mouth was sickening.  Even worse when they'd try and get kids to go get them autographs.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

MDS

as long as hes not doing commercials with his mom im fine with it
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

if he was 18 or 19 years old like an nba player I get it...or if him and his bro were gonna come together....or if his brother was 32

but hes 23 and his 26 year old brother AND wife are giving up valid careers to come and be his personal assistants??

QB Eagles

QuoteZach doesn't plan to seek a teaching or coaching job here, he'll just look out for his brother, who will get a four-year contract worth more than $26 million, under the terms of the collective bargaining agreement. That will allow him to buy a real bed, and maybe one for his dog, Henley, as well.

"We grew up in Bismarck. I like my job, I like what I do there. But anybody in their right mind would pack up and do this for a sibling, no doubt," Zach Wentz said.

"I sure do love working at my job every day in North Dakota. But the least I can do for my little brother is quit working, move to a real metropolitan area, and sponge off him for the next few years."

PhillyPhreak54

Moving to the big city is scary, man

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 30, 2016, 12:12:23 AM
if he was 18 or 19 years old like an nba player I get it...or if him and his bro were gonna come together....or if his brother was 32

but hes 23 and his 26 year old brother AND wife are giving up valid careers to come and be his personal assistants??

hes a yokel from a town where they think jews have horns and all black people are criminals....hes moving to a different planet. cant blame him for having some kind of support system or someone he knows.

its like when the phillies sign a cuban and he brings his brother or a boy or two to just have a semblance of normalcy when hes at home. i dont blame him. if theyre still there in 6 years, thats a different story. of course wentz will be back in north dakota coaching high school then, so...
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

like I said it might be a totally normal thing....did roflburger bring his peoples from ohio...or jerry rice to san fran...I just don't know

PhillyPhreak54

I've heard of players bringing family with them to new places - keeping a tight inner circle

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 30, 2016, 12:54:42 AM
I've heard of players bringing family with them to new places

heard from who?

who are these players....not saying you are wrong...im sure there one example ever

but im genuinely interested in old rookies who arent going to play their first year uprooting a siblings family to move with them

I think I may have heard of a parent or two doing it for a teenager but not a four year 23 year old

PhillyPhreak54

Man I'd have to do some searching but it's been mentioned before in articles about how so and so's mother or brother moved with them or a cousin. Their job titles are usually personal assistant or business manager. I'm surprised it's not something you recall since you read a lot

Diomedes

he talks a lot...don't confuse that for reading a lot
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

hbionic

I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05