07-08 Philadelphia Flyers Season Thread

Started by SunMo, October 04, 2007, 10:24:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: SunMo on October 23, 2007, 11:11:47 PM
no way they get slaughtered...good chance they win

Wish I was as optimistic. Just been down this road too many times.

MDS

Surely all of Anthony Morrelli's talent will save them.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Seabiscuit36

Quotehttp://flyers.nhl.com/team/app?artic...e&service=page

Philadelphia, PA) - Former Flyer Bill Clement has joined the broadcast team of Jim Jackson and Steve Coates for nine upcoming games. Clement will fill in for Keith Jones when Jones moves to the studio for NHL broadcasts on Versus.

"I am thrilled to be back at my roots and to have the opportunity to work with Jim Jackson, Steve Coates and the entire broadcast team," said Clement. "I have always had great admiration for the Flyers organization and to get another chance to be on the inside looking out is something I am very excited about."

"Bill brings a wealth of experience to our broadcasts and we look forward to him sharing his perspective with our viewers," said Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia President Stephanie Smith.

Clement played 11 years in the NHL, including a stint with the Philadelphia Flyers. He was also the color analyst for the Flyers from 1989-1992 and for 15 years was the game analyst for ESPN's hockey telecasts.

Clement will be in the booth for the following games:

Monday November 12 Flyers vs. NY Islanders 7 p.m. CSN
Monday November 26 Flyers vs. Bruins 7 p.m. CSN
Tuesday December 18 Flyers vs. Coyotes 7 p.m. CSN
Tuesday January 8 Flyers at Thrashers 7 p.m. CN8
Tuesday January 22 Flyers vs. Devils 7 p.m. CSN
Tuesday January 29 Flyers vs. Kings 7 p.m. CSN
Tuesday February 5 Flyers at Thrashers 7 p.m. CW-57
Tuesday February 19 Flyers at Senators 7:30 p.m. CSN
Tuesday March 11 Flyers at Maple Leafs 7:30 p.m. CSN
I'm excited about this, i love clement as a color guy. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

BigEd76

Flyers lose 4-3 and it should've been worse

Geowhizzer

Any news on Gagne?  I heard (didn't see the game) that he left because of "dizzyness."

Rome

They played pretty well in the second period, Ed, and the third period wasn't bad either.

They did come out flat tonight and Biron was shaky for the first time since the Calgary game.  He stood on his head a few times and kept them in it during stretches when they should have had their doors blown off, though.

Overall, I agree that it COULD have been worse.  They better get their shtein together and stop teams from peppering Biron so much.  Otherwise, he'll get killed out there before New Year's Day.

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: Geowhizzer on October 24, 2007, 10:55:08 PM
Any news on Gagne?  I heard (didn't see the game) that he left because of "dizzyness."

He's scratched for tonights game but all signs point to him being fine. I'm sure they're just sitting him for precautionary reasons. Hatcher is scratched tonight too although I'm not exactly sure why.

BigEd76

SD_Eagle5

Better effort tonight than last night but same result.

ice grillin you

they are gonna have trouble scoring with gagne...without him they are in big trouble
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Seabiscuit36

They needed Gagne last night.  Upshall should be back within a week, which should offer more speed and scoring. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

SD_Eagle5

It would be nice to see Hartnell score. He's had some chances and does some decent things on the ice but overall he just hasn't been there. I know Knuble scored a goal lastnight but once Gagne comes back its time to take him off the top line. He's looked really out of place there all season.

ice grillin you

Quote from: SD_Eagle on October 26, 2007, 09:28:10 AM
It would be nice to see Hartnell score. He's had some chances and does some decent things on the ice but overall he just hasn't been there.

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 08, 2007, 02:16:20 PM
hartnell is the typical flyers meathead that will skate around for 20 minutes a night giving twice the effort for half the results of the kind of talented players the team doesnt have nearly enough of
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SunMo

Quote from: SunMo on October 27, 2007, 04:48:34 PM
Randy Jones just crushed Patrice Bergeron and now they're taking him off on a stretcher
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.