The Process

Started by MDS, September 18, 2017, 04:05:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjs246

Niang is the first sensible thing Morey has done this week.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Rome

I actually laughed out loud at the Drummond signing.  He's pretty bad but in his defense there's nothing wrong with being old, fat and slow. 

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Rome on August 03, 2021, 08:07:55 PM
I actually laughed out loud at the Drummond signing.  He's pretty bad but in his defense there's nothing wrong with being old, fat and slow.

Hmmm... maybe there's a chance I can get an NBA minimum contract.   Beats the hell out of a teacher's salary.

rjs246

He isn't even old! He just looks like a fossil because he's so goddamned middle America fat. farging terrible signing. 

Let them eat bootstraps.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

the most curious thing about drummond is not why the sixers signed him but why he choose the sixers...hes actually a great back up center at that price...maybe hes counting on embiid getting hurt but if jo is healthy drummonds minutes are going to be really really small

rjs246

He is a great backup center. For some other team. For the sixers he exacerbates their biggest problem for absolutely no reason.

Let them eat bootstraps.

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on August 03, 2021, 08:52:37 PM
the most curious thing about drummond is not why the sixers signed him but why he choose the sixers...hes actually a great back up center at that price...maybe hes counting on embiid getting hurt but if jo is healthy drummonds minutes are going to be really really small

This was my initial thought as well. For the vet minimum backup to Jo spot I'd like to hear some better options

ice grillin you

Quote from: rjs246 on August 03, 2021, 09:03:02 PM
He is a great backup center. For some other team. For the sixers he exacerbates their biggest problem for absolutely no reason.

no ben simmonds is their problem and shooting in general...if there were stretch four or fives on the market at the minimum then drummond would be a bad signing but that is just completely unrealistic...you cant do much better at the minimum than him as a two center....i dont get why he did it tho

rjs246

Ben Simmons and a lack of shooting are the same problem. Drummond exacerbates that problem. If they find a taker for Ben then this will just be a dumb but basically fine move. With him on the team this is a shteinshow of a signing.

Let them eat bootstraps.

ice grillin you

it wasnt a choice between drummond and a shooter and they chose drummond...in fact they got the shooter in niang...hes gonna be a 10-15 minute back up center and for that hes a very good signing...hes a much better version of dwight howard and niang is an infinitely better version of mike scott...tallest midget type moves that wont move the needle but they did improve at both spots

PhillyPhreak54

Jojo used to shtein talk Drummond like crazy. I would've liked to see them keep Howard. But if either one of them were getting big minutes it bc Jo is hurt (again) and it won't matter.

Niang is a good pick up.

Havas' bird was rock hard when he saw him in the Flyers jersey

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

rjs246

Watching the team continue to get murdered in the playoffs every time Jo leaves the court will be so great. Can't wait. Great signing.

Let them eat bootstraps.

phattymatty