Video game thread

Started by mussa, March 15, 2005, 05:17:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geowhizzer

:-D I'll keep playing my Atari 2600.  :paranoid

Wingspan

here's the official Press release from EA Sports confirming that the Nintendo Wii is getting an exclusive rebuild of Madden 07, the only console that isnt getting the port everyone else does....FWIW

QuoteMadden NFL 07 Gets Physical on Nintendo Wii; EA Set to Deliver Industry's Top Franchises to Nintendo's Groundbreaking Next Generation Console

E3Expo 2006

REDWOOD CITY, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--May 9, 2006--Huddle up sports fans, Madden NFL 07 is coming to Wii! Electronic Arts Inc. (Nasdaq:ERTS) today confirmed that Madden NFL 07, the world's most popular sports game, is being custom-designed for Nintendo's groundbreaking next generation game console, Wii™. Conceived as an entirely original football experience, the game will put players on the field like never before. Using the console's unique remote to pass, kick, snap, throw, catch and run, players will interact with the game in an entirely new way. Boasting massive gameplay innovations inspired by the motion sensor of the remote, Madden NFL 07 maximizes the power and unique design of the game system. Madden NFL 07 will be on display at the upcoming Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) in Los Angeles, May 10-12, 2006. Additional titles currently under development will be announced in the coming months.

EA Canada has assembled a team of talented, experienced designers who are dedicated exclusively to developing games for Wii. The development team is incubating new gameplay ideas that are native to the platform.

"Nintendo is breaking new ground with Wii. The brilliance of their innovation is inspiring and we have dedicated ourselves to developing outstanding new play experiences for the platform," said John Schappert, Senior Vice President and Group Studio General Manager, EA. "Deploying resources against a single platform in this manner is a new approach for us -- but it is the right approach."

Schappert added, "Madden NFL 07 is a Wii original. You may have played a football game in the past, but you've never played a game like this before."

"EA is renowned for their superior games," noted Reggie Fils-Aime, Executive Vice President, Sales and Marketing, Nintendo of America Inc. "With their in-house development talent and the huge innovative leap the Wii controller and the system offer, we can't wait to experience the games."

Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Diomedes

Quote from: Wingspan on May 09, 2006, 11:47:31 AM... the only console that isnt getting the port everyone else does....

That's par for the monopoly course: prices go up, product quality goes down.  EA Sports will rue the day they signed the exlusive deal, but not until we've all suffered year after year of zesty games and zesty "improvements." 
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SD_Eagle5

GTA4 will be 360 exlusive. From the Microsoft Conference:

Quote12:21: Moore whips out Xbox 360 HD-DVD peripheral--it looks like a mini Xbox 360 with a black front. The name is "Xbox 360 Player" and it will be available this holiday season.

12:22: "Major announcement about one of greatest franchsies of all time." Says its so exciting that he has to take his shirt off. Shows Halo 2 tatto--GRAND THEFT AUTO IV tatoo on other arm. Grand Theft Auto IV October 16 to Xbox 360 ONLY.
12:25: "Microsoft and Rockstar have entered into an exclusive deal to privide episodic content via Xbox Live Marketplace."

12:26: Grand Theft Auto IV will be updated with regular fresh content, more details later. Crowd is stunned, gasps all around.

Microsoft E3 Blog

The BIGSTUD

It won't be exclusive for the 360 I'll guarantee you that.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: Bunkley "The Thing" on May 09, 2006, 03:58:33 PM

I think your 'guarantee' status on this board has been revoked. So you're saying they're lying?

Wingspan

Quote from: Diomedes on May 09, 2006, 03:40:29 PM
Quote from: Wingspan on May 09, 2006, 11:47:31 AM... the only console that isnt getting the port everyone else does....

That's par for the monopoly course: prices go up, product quality goes down.  EA Sports will rue the day they signed the exlusive deal, but not until we've all suffered year after year of zesty games and zesty "improvements." 

from the looks of it, the nintendo wii looks pretty interesting after watching some of the gameplay today. and ign has a trailer up for a wii game named Red Steel and it looks awesome.

if the only revamp of madden is on nintendo...i just may be buying it. as i have no intention of ever spending $600 for just a console alone.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

The BIGSTUD

Quote from: SD_Eagle on May 09, 2006, 04:01:37 PM
Quote from: Bunkley "The Thing" on May 09, 2006, 03:58:33 PM

I think your 'guarantee' status on this board has been revoked. So you're saying they're lying?

Well... I just found this, and it agrees with me.

QuoteNew York, NY – May 9th, 2006 -- Rockstar Games, the universally-renowned publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), is proud to announce Grand Theft Auto IV, the next-generation console debut of the genre-defining Grand Theft Auto franchise. Developed by world-class designers Rockstar North, Grand Theft Auto IV will be simultaneously available for the PlayStation®3 and Xbox 360™ and is currently planned to be in stores in North America on October 16, 2007 and in Europe on October 19, 2007.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

SD_Eagle5

Hmmmm...well both article were written on the same date, so someone's telling a lie.

Wingspan

ign.com says GTA4 is for both overpriced bloated consoles.
Connection Problems

The BIGSTUD

From gamespot:

Quote12:54: I get the official Rockstar Games announcement of Grand Theft Auto IV in my e-mail--it says that the game will be release simultaneously on Xbox 360 and PS3. Moore said it was coming to 360 first. What the...?

Microsoft was lying. There's no way a title that big could be exclusive.

Wingspan

the ONLY refers to the date 10/18/06...as the PS3 isnt hitting backorder status until november 17.

Connection Problems

The BIGSTUD

GTA is 2007, not 2006.

Wingspan

Quote from: Bunkley "The Thing" on May 09, 2006, 04:10:27 PM
GTA is 2007, not 2006.

oh...then who the hell cares about a game not coming out for about 20 months.
Connection Problems

SD_Eagle5

Doesn't really matter to me since I've never played any of the GTA games. Just found it interesting since its such a popular game.