Started by Diomedes, April 22, 2010, 09:00:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

and morgan isnt that good either...whats your point
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

why are you arguing with him? he takes unpopular views for the sake of picking a fight. hes like a lamer, dorkier, gayer version of glenn beck.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

mpmcgraw

not really, just pointing out that hes not small. 

MDS

dont you have a chubby quarterback to suckle? go away.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

mpmcgraw

QuoteI'm going to take a more detailed look at this in the coming weeks, but a lot is being made about Graham's size: 6-1 1/3, 268. I took a look at last year's top sack guys to see how their height compared to Graham's. Keep in mind that these might not be prototypical left defensive ends (some fall in the hybrid OLB/DE mold), but we don't really know how the Eagles plan on using Graham.

Elvis Dumervil, who led the league in sacks with 17, is listed at 5-11, 248 pounds. Dwight Freeney's listed height and weight is identical to Graham's: 6-1, 268. He's had double-digit sacks in six of eight NFL seasons. Pass-rushing linebacker LaMarr Woodley (also from Michigan) is 6-2, 265. He had 13.5 sacks last season with the Steelers.

The point? Look at each prospect individually. Making generalizations based on height, school or conference is easy, but doesn't really work. Remember 1997 first-round pick Jon Harris? He was 6-7. He finished his career with two sacks in two seasons.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/moving_the_chains/Grahams_size_Day_2_notes.html

ice grillin you

Quote from: KDS on April 23, 2010, 04:22:35 PM
why are you arguing with him? he takes unpopular views for the sake of picking a fight. hes like a lamer, dorkier, gayer version of glenn beck.

i know i know

but hes fun at least and he would admit he knows nothing and is just farging around...which i respect...as opposed to munson who actually thinks he knows shtein (easy shout) and is a bum farging idiot

in summation i like me some beane

ice grillin you

Quote from: mpmcgraw on April 23, 2010, 04:26:13 PM
QuoteI'm going to take a more detailed look at this in the coming weeks, but a lot is being made about Graham's size: 6-1 1/3, 268. I took a look at last year's top sack guys to see how their height compared to Graham's. Keep in mind that these might not be prototypical left defensive ends (some fall in the hybrid OLB/DE mold), but we don't really know how the Eagles plan on using Graham.

Elvis Dumervil, who led the league in sacks with 17, is listed at 5-11, 248 pounds. Dwight Freeney's listed height and weight is identical to Graham's: 6-1, 268. He's had double-digit sacks in six of eight NFL seasons. Pass-rushing linebacker LaMarr Woodley (also from Michigan) is 6-2, 265. He had 13.5 sacks last season with the Steelers.

The point? Look at each prospect individually. Making generalizations based on height, school or conference is easy, but doesn't really work. Remember 1997 first-round pick Jon Harris? He was 6-7. He finished his career with two sacks in two seasons.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/moving_the_chains/Grahams_size_Day_2_notes.html

again i know youre just playing devils ad and you havent seen any of these guys play but elvis dumervill has more talent in his left shoulder than brandon graham has in his whole body....and putting dwight freeny in the same sentance as bg is criminal

mpmcgraw

Well he's not slow.  4.6 at the combine and reportedly 4.4 at some other camp.  We'll see. 

ice grillin you

40 times are super important at the DE position

Rome

they are if you're naked running away from the cops after you just raped a bitch.

rjs246

Quote from: mpmcgraw on April 23, 2010, 04:32:50 PM
Well he's not slow.  4.6 at the combine and reportedly 4.4 at some other camp.  We'll see. 

Right but how's his burst? I want to see his burst times GODDAMMIT.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

PoopyfaceMcGee

People (ok, only really IGY and Dio) seem to be taking quite extreme and polarizing negative views on this guy, especially considering that every draftnik I've seen had him as a consensus top-20 guy and about half seem to think he was the best pass rusher in the draft.

It's one thing not to really like the pick, but saying the guy has no talent or is way too small or any of those things is maybe a little much.

ice grillin you

ill gladly take responsibility if he turns into a probowler...but i dont go by what players are ranked or who says hes the best pash rusher in the draft (which is ridiculous btw) i go by what i see of him...and i dont see even close to a dynamic edge rusher

Diomedes

it speaks well for you people that you're so interested in my opinion.  perhaps there is hope yet.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

smeags

how many games did you see him play igy ?
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it