A Fellow Eagles Fan May Be Facing A Tough Battle Healthwise...

Started by Rome, August 24, 2004, 10:42:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MURP

joneszilla

Stay strong Herb.  My prayers are with you.  Good luck bro!

Syracuse

I am an agent of chaos

PhillyGirl

Herb, you'll kick this shtein like Akers kicking a game winning FG in the playoffs!  ;D

Best of luck!
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Butchers Bill

Quote from: PhillyGirl on August 26, 2004, 10:24:52 AM
Herb, you'll kick this shtein like Akers kicking a game winning FG in the playoffs!  ;D

Best of luck!

I was thinking more along the lines of the Darth suplex on the Foreskin WR.
I believe I've passed the age of consciousness and righteous rage
I found that just surviving was a noble fight.
I once believed in causes too,
I had my pointless point of view,
And life went on no matter who was wrong or right.

dpierce

Quote from: Eaglesfan73 on August 25, 2004, 11:26:31 PM
OK.... I am a little tired, but this is what they have found today. I have a 8x4x4 inch mass that is fluid under my left lung... They have to draw some fluid for testing so they can look and see if any cancer cells are involved... another new piece is they found 4 dark spots on my liver that are new and have to be looked at. What that entails I am not sure yet.... Maybe treatments or just a few shots of radiation.... I will found out tomorrow when I see my surgeon and cancer doc.... So I am looking at it as not good news, but not bad yet either... I think my school for OCS is long gone, but I have to look at a much smaller window right now. So hopefully I will be back tomorrow night and give a better or at least more detailed status...

Thanks for all the warm thoughts and posts.. it truly means a great deal.

Man 8x4x4.. that is huge heh? That is a mini football.... Jeez.... well anyways more to follow and thanks a million...

Herb

Thankfully it's only fluid, not a solid mass. As for the cause...I wish I knew what to tell you.

Well, OCS may be out, but then you'll get to tell everyone not to call you "sir" since you work for a living. ;D

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers,

Damon L. Pierce
Crier of the week: Terrorists of all backgrounds. Tantrums are selfish acts by children; extortion and murder disguised as fervor for a cause are both selfish and just plain evil. "We're gonna blow up things and kill people until we get our way!" There's a convincing argument, huh?

Wingspan

OK.... I am a little tired, but this is what they have found today. I have a 8x4x4 inch mass that is fluid under my left lung... They have to draw some fluid for testing so they can look and see if any cancer cells are involved... another new piece is they found 4 dark spots on my liver that are new and have to be looked at. What that entails I am not sure yet.... Maybe treatments or just a few shots of radiation.... I will found out tomorrow when I see my surgeon and cancer doc.... So I am looking at it as not good news, but not bad yet either... I think my school for OCS is long gone, but I have to look at a much smaller window right now. So hopefully I will be back tomorrow night and give a better or at least more detailed status...

Man 8x4x4.. that is huge heh? That is a mini football.... Jeez.... well anyways more to follow and thanks a million...

Herb

hey, i dont know you from my own ass...but godspeed and best wishes 73. get well.

Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

mussa

Quote from: Wingspan on August 26, 2004, 03:10:32 PM

Herb

hey, i dont know you from my own ass...but godspeed and best wishes 73. get well.

Likewise brother!  Good luck and get well soon!

Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

hbionic

I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Eaglesfan73

Well today was a long day at the doc's office for a whole lot of nothing... They did not take a sample of the mass because of complications with being around my intestine.  The surgeon is going to decide this weekend what avenue to take (most likely cut the abdomine and get to it that way) and then Mon he briefs me and Tuesday early morning I go in for the surgery to find out what it is.  They are not going to remove it because of the fear of cancer cells being inside the mass.  So once the report comes back of what it is then I know if it is a long process of draining and eventually destroying the mass or the dreaded C word.  Then I will be hit back up with chemo and this time some radiation... So keeping the faithing and wanting to just have a long drainage process, but prepping for the worst as well...  Thanks again for all the posts and I will let you know what goes on... Right now the pain med is really kicking my butt.   Need some sleep.. take care.

Herb

PhillyGirl

I'll be thinking of you this weekend, Herb...and praying that its not the C word again. :cfhead
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Susquehanna Birder

Farging doctors are always so agonizingly slow sometimes. I bet if one of their family was in the same situation, they'd be pulling strings left and right to get tests done ASAP.

Eaglesfan73

I have agree and BTW I love that picture of the PUG... I have two of them.. My male is exactly like that.. name is DMAC... Donovan McNabb... my female is pure black and named Zoe.....  I love my Pugs...  :yay

PoopyfaceMcGee

Herb, you're in my prayers.  Just got a call Friday night that my grandfather is likely in the hospital for good and made the trek up to Reading, PA to see him yesterday.  No one should ever have to go through what he's experiencing right now.