No Hippos Jai Alai Thread

Started by ice grillin you, October 28, 2009, 10:05:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

PhillyPhreak54

shtein...I forgot that was on. I'll have to record it later

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 13, 2010, 09:35:37 PM

dont bother...ill sum it all up for you in a jiffy.....

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 13, 2010, 09:40:36 PM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 13, 2010, 09:35:37 PM

dont bother...ill sum it all up for you in a jiffy.....

No shtein? A black vs white thing?

ice grillin you

im just playing

actually i think the iverson one is on next week

tonight was "everything you ever wanted to know about steve james' family"

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 13, 2010, 09:45:23 PM
im just playing

actually i think the iverson one is on next week

tonight was "everything you ever wanted to know about steve james' family"
LMAO

His parents were pretty cool though, mom was really good at painting the picture.  Now i want Hampton Dreams
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Rome

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 13, 2010, 09:40:36 PM

This photo is racist propaganda bullshtein.

I was happy when the McRib came out too.

bastiches.

MDS

igy's movie reviews + race relations + general washington dc area = pain
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

DH

Hahah, IGY definitely googled "OJ verdict"

smeags

i never realized how bad AI had it all through life including while he made millions.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

phattymatty

elton brand is going to make $18.1 million in the 12-13 season. 

reese125

MDS

ed stefanski, ladies and gentleman.

he calls wip unprompted.

i give him a pass.

-m. havas
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

sixers finished in a tie for 6th with detroit......a tie breaker will determine whether they have a 7.5% or 4.3% chance to win the lottery

ice grillin you

No vacation, but an education for rookie Holiday
By BOB COONEY
Philadelphia Daily News

cooneyb@phillynews.com

ORLANDO – It was 169 days ago from yesterday that Jrue Holiday's NBA career began, or was supposed to begin.

On Oct. 28, Holiday was on the Amway Arena court before the season opener with the Orlando Magic, practicing his jump shot with assistant coach Aaron McKie and looking about as nervous as you'd imagine a 19-year-old to be before his first game as a professional.

Then, about an hour before the game, coach Eddie Jordan gave Holiday the news that he was going to be deactivated for the game. The look on Holiday's face was like that of a child discovering there is no Santa Claus.

"Yeah, I remember I had to use my man Jason Kapono's blazer," Holiday laughed. "It was nice, too. Corduroy, I think."

Holiday can joke about it now, as last night he started his 41st straight game. He has quickly become a veteran of the league and all it entails.

"I didn't really get into it until about Game 50," he said. "I think I'm still ready to go. I could go for a while longer. It's just completely different, though, like going through your whole high school career in one year. But it was fun.

"It's definitely my lifestyle now, but I had to get used to it. I remember my first road trip coming to Orlando, but now flying so many times, the back-to-back game here and there, it's crazy."

His play has gone a long way in showing the Sixers made a good decision in taking him with the 17th pick in last June's draft. He posted a season-high 13 assists in Monday's loss to Miami, has shot 50 percent from the floor over his past 33 games and over the past 15 games - before last night's contest - had posted 12.3 points, 6.9 assists, 4.2 rebounds and 2.0 steals.

The grueling schedule, though, wasn't the toughest part of his rookie season. That would be all the rookie treatment he had to endure.

"I got the hardest year over with, and I'm done with all the rookie stuff they got me doing," he said. "The worst was them [teammates] kicking balls into the stands [during shootarounds] and me having to run up and get them."