War with Iran

Started by MURP, February 08, 2006, 12:54:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadMarchHare

Dude, you think I support Bush you've haven't been paying attention.  Every time this admin (or any other for that matter) has tried to create elections, the worst case scenario from an American standpoint has occurred.  It surprises me not at all that the dumbass left all of this shtein out of his speech.  That might work except his ineptitude is reaching unparalleled levels at this point.
Anyone but Reid.

PhillyPhanInDC

It's like both sides are chomping at the bit for a fight. This guy just won't quit.

QuoteAhmadinejad: Israel 'will be removed'

Tehran (dpa) - Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said on Saturday that the Palestinians and "other nations" will eventually remove Israel from the region.

Addressing a mass demonstration in Tehran - one of many organized throughout Iran to commemorate the 27th anniversary of the Islamic revolution - he once again questioned the Holocaust "fairy tale".

"We ask the West to remove what they created sixty years ago and if they do not listen to our recommendations, then the Palestinian nation and other nations will eventually do this for them," Ahmadinejad said in a ceremony marking the 27th anniversary of the Islamic revolution.

"Do the removal of Israel before it is too late and save yourself from the fury of regional nations," the ultra-conservative president said. He once again called the Holocaust a "fairy tale" and said Europeans have become hostages of "Zionists" in Israel.

He also accused Europeans for not allowing "neutral scholars" to investigate in Europe and make a scientific report on "the truth about the fairy tale of Holocaust."

"How comes that insulting the prophet of Muslims worldwide is justified within the framework of press freedom, but investigating about the fairy tale Holocaust is not?" Ahmadinejad said.

"The real Holocaust is what is happening in Palestine where the Zionists avail themselves of the fairy tale of Holocaust as blackmail and justification for killing children and women and making innocent people homeless," Ahmadinejad said.

The president said that the results of the parliamentary elections in Palestine and the victory of the Hamas group "clearly showed what the people really want."

"You (the West) want democracy but do not respect the outcome," Ahmadinejad said, referring to the election results in Iraq and Palestine.

"It seems that you (the West) only want that form of democracy whose results just repeat your standpoints and only follow your policies," he said.

Ahmadinejad once again called on the West to adopt the "simple option" and allow Palestinians to voice their political will through a referendum.

Mass demonstrations organized by the state were held throughout Iran on Saturday as the nation commemorated the 27th anniversary of the revolution that established the Islamic Republic in Iran.

According to state media, hundreds of thousands of people came into the streets to show their solidarity with the government over pursuing the country's nuclear programmes and voice their protest against publication of cartoons deemed insulting to the Prophet Mohammed.

While chanting "Death to America", "Death of Israel" and "Nuclear energy is our undisputable right", the crowd walked toward the Azadi (Freedom) Square in Tehran where Ahmadinejad held his annual speech.

In his speech the Iranian president warned that in case of harsh measures against Tehran over its controversial nuclear programme, the country would revise its commitment toward the Nuclear Non- Proliferation Treaty (NPT).

"The policy of Iran has so far been pursuing nuclear technology within the framework of the NPT and IAEA (International Atomic Energy Agency)," he said.

"But if you (the West) continue efforts to deprive the Iranian nation from this (nuclear) right, then we would reconsider this policy," he warned.

Ahmadinejad asked the crowd in the Azadi square to tell the world its message and show its willingness to continue the nuclear programmes despite Western pressure.

"The era of military force is over, today is the era of nations, logic and worshippers of God," the president said.

He also referred to remarks by United States President George W. Bush who had said that the Iranian people were different from the Islamic government in Tehran, saying there was no distinction.

"Look, this is the third generation standing here and they are even more religious, more informed, more enthusiastic and more resistant (than the first generation) to defend the ideals of the revolution," Ahmadinejad said.

The president also referred to the cartoons and called it a "Zionist plot" against not only Muslims but also those genuinely committed to Christianity and Judaism.

"Those who insulted the prophet should know that you cannot obscure the sun with a handful of dust. The dust will just get back and blind your own eyes," he said.

The crowd replied to his remarks with "Death to Denmark" slogans.

Tick tock......tick tock...... :-\
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

MadMarchHare

Quote"You (the West) want democracy but do not respect the outcome," Ahmadinejad said, referring to the election results in Iraq and Palestine.

"It seems that you (the West) only want that form of democracy whose results just repeat your standpoints and only follow your policies," he said.

Again, he's spot on.
Anyone but Reid.

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: MadMarchHare on February 13, 2006, 11:43:18 AM
Quote"You (the West) want democracy but do not respect the outcome," Ahmadinejad said, referring to the election results in Iraq and Palestine.

Again, he's spot on.

He sure as hell is. Oppression is one thing, but imposing our way of life and throwing our religous beliefs (either directly or indirectly) in their face is an insult.

Philly_Crew

More than ever, I believe Iran/nuclear weapons need to be handled by the Israelis.

MadMarchHare

If that happens, there will be another true crusade - christianity/judaism vs. muslim.
This HAS to be resolved diplomatically.  I repeat, Ahmadinejad is not likely trying to get Iran into a war.  He wants something, we need to figure out what the hell it is.  And if it's not unreasonable, give it to him.
And we need to keep our bullshtein religions out of their bullshtein religion.
Anyone but Reid.

Phanatic

If he doesn't want war he sure is going about things the wrong way. The way he is pushing might even get the EU to lead the effort. If that happens he is actually doing the US a favor. I'm wondering if he is just being reactionary and not calculated at all. Kind of seems that way.

Since when is the Holocaust a disputed event? The Cantor at the synagogue I went to growing up still had the numbers from Auschwitz tatooed to his wrist. I really kind of hope the idiot gets his fight at this point.

This post is brought to you by Alcohol!

hbionic

Two words: [racist] Camel Flu[/racist]
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

MadMarchHare

It's worked pretty well for N. Korea.  The difference is Korea already has nukes.  Ahmadinejad needs to be careful, because you're right, it's entirely possible the world unites like they did in '01 to rid Iran of this shtein.  ANd if push comes to shove, he's not going to have very many options.
Anyone but Reid.

hbionic

I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

PhillyPhanInDC

Quote from: Phanatic on February 13, 2006, 01:01:41 PM
If he doesn't want war he sure is going about things the wrong way. The way he is pushing might even get the EU to lead the effort. If that happens he is actually doing the US a favor. I'm wondering if he is just being reactionary and not calculated at all. Kind of seems that way.

It would be totally kick ass to watch Iran catch a serious international beatdown on CNN. Guess will just have to settle for the inventual American quagmire.  :P
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

Phanatic

Actually the beat down happens rather quickly. The Quagmire happens after we don't know what to do with the victory.
This post is brought to you by Alcohol!

Butchers Bill

Ok, so now France says that the Iranians ARE working to build nukes, but what will they do?

(from the NY Times)
INTERNATIONAL   | February 16, 2006
France Says Iran's Atomic Program Is a Military Cover
By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
"No civilian nuclear program can explain the Iranian nuclear program," the foreign minister, Philippe Douste-Blazy, said today.

Iran's chief nuclear negotiator immediately dismissed the charge, insisting that Iran doesn't ''want to have the bomb.''

Foreign Minister Philippe Douste-Blazy's comments were likely to increase pressure on Iran amid the international dispute over its nuclear activities. Tehran says its nuclear program is peaceful but European and U.S. leaders fear it is aimed at building atomic weapons.

''No civilian nuclear program can explain the Iranian nuclear program. It is a clandestine military nuclear program,'' Douste-Blazy said on France-2 television. ''The international community has sent a very firm message in telling the Iranians to return to reason and suspend all nuclear activity and the enrichment and conversion of uranium, but they aren't listening to us.''

The International Atomic Energy Agency reported Iran to the U.N. Security Council on Feb. 4 over suspicions about its nuclear activities. France, Britain and Germany have led European negotiations that have failed to persuade Iran to suspend parts of its nuclear program.

Amid mounting tensions, Iran resumed small-scale uranium enrichment last week. Uranium enriched to low level is used to produce nuclear fuel for reactors and further enrichment makes it suitable for use in nuclear weapons.

''Now it's up to the Security Council to say what it will do, what means it will use to stop, to manage, to halt this terrible crisis of nuclear proliferation caused by Iran,'' Douste-Blazy said.

Iranian negotiator Ali Larijani rejected the French minister's comments, saying, ''We want civil nuclear energy, we don't want to have the bomb.''

''Concerning nuclear arms, we are a responsible country,'' he said on France-Inter radio from Tehran. ''The propaganda suggests that we want the bomb, but this is not the truth.''

''We want to be in this camp'' of countries that have nuclear energy technology but no nuclear weapons, such as Brazil and Japan, he said.

Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice said Wednesday that the United States will ''walk a fine line'' in seeking international sanctions against Iran.

Rice detailed a two-track approach to Iran -- concerted international pressure to deter the Iranians from building a bomb, and a newly robust attempt to sew democratic change within the country with aid for broadcasts and dissidents.

I believe I've passed the age of consciousness and righteous rage
I found that just surviving was a noble fight.
I once believed in causes too,
I had my pointless point of view,
And life went on no matter who was wrong or right.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Butchers Bill on February 16, 2006, 12:51:50 PM
Ok, so now France says that the Iranians ARE working to build nukes, but what will they do?

My guess would be to stage a pre-emptive surrender.

phillymic2000

Quote from: MadMarchHare on February 13, 2006, 12:44:32 PM
If that happens, there will be another true crusade - christianity/judaism vs. muslim.
This HAS to be resolved diplomatically.  I repeat, Ahmadinejad is not likely trying to get Iran into a war.  He wants something, we need to figure out what the hell it is.  And if it's not unreasonable, give it to him.
And we need to keep our bullshtein religions out of their bullshtein religion.

There already is a crusade, the radical muslims want one thing, everyone to convert to Islam, or they will kill you, bottom line. They are imposing there religious beliefs around the world with the cartoon riots, the riots in France and the increase in Terrorism, trying to get countries to bow to their religious beliefs. Even during the cartoon riots which were developed and  printed in Denmark, the riot attendees chanted for the destruction of the U.S. and Israel, and that had nothing to do with the U.S. or Israel, they simply want to destroy us no matter what we give them short of converting our selves. Religions will never be kept out of it, they never have in all this time why would it stop now. This guy is completely of his rocker and you think he is not trying to get his country into a war. He has called for the destruction of Israel over and over since he took office, this guy wants a power hold on the Middle East, and much more.