"New" drivers

Started by Yeti, March 07, 2006, 05:01:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: phattymatty on March 07, 2006, 05:43:37 PM
Quote from: FFatPatt on March 07, 2006, 05:32:49 PM
I've noticed when driving through the D.C. area that drivers with D.C. plates tend to suck a lot more ass than those with Maryland or Virginia.  There is no 'N' in "District of Columbia".  Although there are two in "Washington".

all 3 of the states suck pretty bad.  we have traffic jams around here because the sun is too bright.  and if there is a half inch of snow on the gorund, it'll take an hour to go 2 miles.  it's ridiculous.

Traffic in the greater D.C. area sucks big, yes.  But down here the snow doesn't even need to be sticking to the ground to cause huge jams and pileups.

rjs246

I have driven in a whole lot of places. Most of the places listed here have felt the wrath of rjs behind the wheel. But I can say without hesitation or one ounce of doubt that New England drivers, specifically Boston drivers, are the worst that I have ever encountered. I'm rpetty sure I had a ranting thread about it last year, but none of you could possibly imagine the shtein that goes on on the roads up here. It trumps all.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Phanatic

Quote from: rjs246 on March 07, 2006, 05:58:04 PM
I have driven in a whole lot of places. Most of the places listed here have felt the wrath of rjs behind the wheel. But I can say without hesitation or one ounce of doubt that New England drivers, specifically Boston drivers, are the worst that I have ever encountered. I'm rpetty sure I had a ranting thread about it last year, but none of you could possibly imagine the shtein that goes on on the roads up here. It trumps all.

Lived there and have to visit the area from time to time. Mass drivers aren't called Miceholes for nothing.
This post is brought to you by Alcohol!

Phanatic

The filter made a funny...
This post is brought to you by Alcohol!

Geowhizzer

Quote from: EagleFeva on March 07, 2006, 05:18:14 PM
Quote from: FFatPatt on March 07, 2006, 05:15:33 PM
Worse.  Philly driver transplanted to NC.

People down here can't drive for crap in the rain, let alone any kind of wintry precipitation.  When I say "can't drive", I mean it.  It's not that they're aggressive like drivers in the Northeast.  They are literally incapable of making any of the corrrect decisions on wet/frozen pavement.

Multiply that by 5 and you've got the Metro Atlanta area.  It must get worse the further south you get. 

Imagine how I feel.  >:(

Naples hasn't had snow since 1976.  I keep praying for a snowstorm to hit down here so I can see all the old farts panic.

There isn't a week that goes by that there isn't some accident backing up I-75.  People don't know enough to KEEP DRIVING.  They slow down, stop and gawk at any fender bender, and before you know it, traffic is backed up five miles.  In Philly, they just give the folks at the accident the finger and keep moving.

MadMarchHare

I can vouch for FF.  There's a reason all public schools cancel classes on the "threat" of snow.
Anyone but Reid.

Yeti

Quote from: MadMarchHare on March 07, 2006, 11:23:13 PM
I can vouch for FF.  There's a reason all public schools cancel classes on the "threat" of snow.

......or when the "Speak and Spell" runs out of batteries.
"It's only a matter of time before we get to the future."

Hbionic

LBIggle

i used to think NJ had bad traffic

but now in reno i see truly horrific..  well driving isn't what I'd call it and would be way too much of a compliment.

blinkers seem to not be required around here, and that isn't even tipping the iceburg.

for how dense the traffic is in jersey it doesn't move half bad compared to here.

MDS

I figure its awful getting to Japan or Korea. They can't drive a lick, but they make decent food.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.