Phillies season 8

Started by MURP, September 01, 2005, 09:07:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD_Eagle5

Bases jammed 1 out Rollins up...can't get a run in  :boom Way to blow a golden oppurtunity  :boo

MDS

He flat out stinks at the plate. Couple that with what Bell does (not counting today) against RHP and its amazing that they lead the WC.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD_Eagle5

BoooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

MDS

Rollins is the goat. He has no plate discipline whatsoever. I can't stand it.  :boom
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Eagles76ersFan

Wagner should of been brought in before Lopez. Dude already pitched 2 innings yesterday.

WEST is GOD

Quote from: MDS on September 03, 2005, 11:13:55 PM
Rollins is the goat. He has no plate discipline whatsoever. I can't stand it.  :boom

by goat do you mean G.O.A.T?

LL cool J... greatest of all time
THIS SEASON IS OVER AND ANDY'S WORLD IS GRIDL

Offseason needs: 2 DEs, 1 DT, 1 OL, 2 LBs, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 TE, 1 KR.

MDS

Quote from: Eagles76ersFan on September 03, 2005, 11:15:41 PM
Wagner should of been brought in before Lopez. Dude already pitched 2 innings yesterday.

Billy can only go 1 inning. If you bring him in there, what happens if you dont score the next inning? It was either a tired Lopez or Liriano. Manuel made the right choice. They won on a walk, wild pitch and flare. I'm more disgusted in the umpring and especially Jimmy freakin Rollins. Not Lopez. He got unlucky that inning.

Nevertheless, 2/3 in this series is still possible. Madson, Urbina and Wagner are all okay to pitch. I think everyone else out of the pen needs the day off. So, we need (of all people) Gavin Floyd to go at least 6. I have faith things will work out. We rebounded nicely off that tough loss in New York on tuesday, we can do the same here.

Go Sillies!

Sgt PSN

Quote from: MDS on September 04, 2005, 12:58:21 AM

Billy can only go 1 inning. If you bring him in there, what happens if you dont score the next inning? It was either a tired Lopez or Liriano. Manuel made the right choice. They won on a walk, wild pitch and flare. I'm more disgusted in the umpring and especially Jimmy freakin Rollins. Not Lopez. He got unlucky that inning.

Nevertheless, 2/3 in this series is still possible. Madson, Urbina and Wagner are all okay to pitch. I think everyone else out of the pen needs the day off. So, we need (of all people) Gavin Floyd to go at least 6. I have faith things will work out. We rebounded nicely off that tough loss in New York on tuesday, we can do the same here.

Go Sillies!

I'm a little drunk right now but I'm pretty sure you said that Manuel made the right decision.  I'm going to have to double check that in the morning. 

Eagles76ersFan

Quote from: MDS on September 04, 2005, 12:58:21 AM

Go Sillies!

Wagner could of gone two, if needed.

I agree the umpiring sucked. The Abreu call was horrible and I also thought Rollins was safe at second. I didn't see a good replay of that, though.

You're in for a huge letdown if you think Floyd will go 6 innings.

MDS

I don't know what to expect tommorrow. Lightning in a bottle perhaps with Floyd?

Saying Manuel made the right call with Lopez isn't a big deal. Wagner never should have  been used until we had a lead. Lopez tired is better than Lariano. All this talk wouldnt exist if Rollins wasn't such a pile of shtein at the plate.

But enough of that game. Its over. We lost. Move on. Tommorrow the Sillies win, take 2/3 from the Nats and go home. Book it.

PhillyPhreak54

I fell asleep in the 8th inning...looks like I missed an exciting game.

Too bad they pissed it away. >:(

Geowhizzer

Quote from: MDS on September 04, 2005, 02:48:54 AM
I don't know what to expect tommorrow. Lightning in a bottle perhaps with Floyd?

Saying Manuel made the right call with Lopez isn't a big deal. Wagner never should have  been used until we had a lead. Lopez tired is better than Lariano. All this talk wouldnt exist if Rollins wasn't such a pile of shtein at the plate.

But enough of that game. Its over. We lost. Move on. Tommorrow the Sillies win, take 2/3 from the Nats and go home. Book it.

I disagree, especially this time of year.  Wagner could have easily gone two innings, especially having not pitched in the first game of the season.  And, considering how important wins are right now, he probably should have.  Do what is necessary to get the win.

Unless there is arm trouble- and there have been no signs of that with Wagner- two innings was doable for him.  He's gone two innings several other times this season.

And Rollins had one of the worst games I've ever seen him play.

BTW, that "check-swing" strike three on Abreu (eighth inning?) was weak.  Utley's ball four swing earlier in the same inning went further than Abreu's did.

Eagles76ersFan

Quote from: MDS on September 04, 2005, 02:48:54 AM

When all star Gavin Floyd gives up god knows how many runs today, tell me it's still not a big deal. Tell me it's still not a big deal if by the end of the day if we're trailing the WC race.

SD_Eagle5

I know it's early, but Floyd pitched one helluva first.  :yay

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: SD_Eagle on September 04, 2005, 01:26:27 PM
I know it's early, but Floyd pitched one helluva first.  :yay

I should have kept my mouth shut  :-X