Sports Suffering Cities (updated thru '19 Washington Nationals)

Started by ice grillin you, January 28, 2006, 11:58:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

its not the lunch pail thing the flyers have had a 100 players like that...rick tocchet was ten thousand times the lunch pail guy brindamour was...hell tim kerr was more lunch pail than brindamour...

its all about the lindros thing
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

rjs246

You clearly have no idea what it is "all about" since you don't even understand why people like him so much.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

ice grillin you

im talking myself thru it and coming up with the only logical explanation

longevity + not named eric lindros = flyer legend

rjs246

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 20, 2008, 10:20:16 AM
longevity + productivity + leadership + two-way do-everything hard-nosed style + no bullshtein personality baggage + not named eric lindros = flyer legend
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Sgt PSN

I don't like hockey and even I liked Rod Brindamour.  

ice grillin you

Quote from: Sgt PSN on May 20, 2008, 10:24:47 AM
I don't like hockey and even I liked Rod Brindamour.  

this perfectly illustrates my point....count me back in the i dont get it column

also dook played more games in the league off the flyers than he did on the flyers...when all is said and done he probably will be remembered as a hurricane....that to me does not = flyer legend

but whatever....things that make you go hmmm i suppose

Rome

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on May 20, 2008, 10:36:20 AM
good god shut up.

i dont mean to tarnish your hero i really dont....and if he makes the flyer hall of fame ill be happy for him...im merely saying that i dont understand it

Rome

he's not my hero.  i liked him as a player but my heroes were from the 1970's, not the 1990's, dookie.

you continue suggesting you "don't get it" is silly though.  how can you not get philly fans loving a guy who busted his ass, never complained, and was very productive?  seems to me you're just continuing on with this to amuse yourself.  that's fine, though.  just not interested in playing along today.

ice grillin you

PoopyfaceMcGee

Phanatic

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 20, 2008, 11:20:20 AM
80's flyers > 70's + 90's X 00 flyers

Rod isn't better then the 8 guys above him the scoring list. That's certainly true.

I wasn't coherant enough as a 70's kid to remember the 70's Flyers any more then some excitment for winning a championship around the neighborhood. The 80's Flyers are what really got me hooked though. farging Oilers...

This post is brought to you by Alcohol!

ice grillin you

Quote from: Phanatic on May 20, 2008, 11:43:21 AM
Quote from: ice grillin you on May 20, 2008, 11:20:20 AM
80's flyers > 70's + 90's X 00 flyers

Rod isn't better then the 8 guys above him the scoring list. That's certainly true.

I wasn't coherant enough as a 70's kid to remember the 70's Flyers any more then some excitment for winning a championship around the neighborhood. The 80's Flyers are what really got me hooked though. farging Oilers...

im also not old enough to remeber a lot of the 70's...definitely not the cup years....i remember probably from 78-79 on...

and im just talking about my personal favorites...rod is definitely better than many of mine...but id say my top 15 are probably from the 80's...the 87 flyers team might be my favorite sports team of all time...and rick tocchet is is my favorite athlete bar none i love him more than my next five combined

Phanatic

Tocchet is a really good parallel to Brind. They both played 8 years for the Flyers (excluding Tocc's later return). They both could put up descent numbers. Tocchet was more of a warrior and agitator. Because of his hard nosed style he never completed a full season and went on to have his best year with someone else.... Philly sports... typical.
This post is brought to you by Alcohol!

Rome

Mike Richards will probably end up having a very similar career to Rod's.  He'll be a guy who doesn't miss games, he'll bust his ass defensively, he'll likely be the team captain, he'll be very productive offensively, and he'll center the second line for several years.