The 2010 Point and Laugh at the Eagles thread

Started by The BIGSTUD, January 09, 2010, 11:50:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

rjs246

I can't even imagine a rebuilding project right now.

If they fired Reid and hired Cowher and ran the ball and let McNabb pass from a pro set and focused on defense I could stomach it.

If they ditch McNabb and see what Kolb can do with these weapons, keeping the same scheme but running a little more I could stomach that.

But blowing it all up with some other coach or some other scheme with a whole new everything is more than I can farging take. So many years of this farging clowncar show and almost getting there and blah blah blah to just unhinge it all? With this roster? With such a low level of defensive talent? Christ. It brings tears to my eyes.

Also, I'm drunk and might disagree with myself tomorrow. Eat shtein.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

BigEd76

revamp that f'ing pathetic LB corps

figure out the secondary besides Samuel

get a real punter, not a f'ing rugby-lovin Australian

tell p*ssy rap star to get his ass healthy for July

re-sign Weaver

trick someone into trading for Vick (hi Carolina)

get all the stupid ankle and knee surgeries done before June so you can participate in training camp

btw the Eagles have the #24 pick in the draft.  Still too low for Taylor Mays unless they trade into the top 15-20 but there should be a few good LBs available...

Eagles_Legendz

The need LBs big time but they need a DE badly too.  No one on that line can generate any pressure besides Cole.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: BigEd76 on January 10, 2010, 05:38:00 PM

oddly enough, he probably had the best game out of anyone on the team yesterday.   

MMH

Quote from: BigEd76 on January 10, 2010, 05:38:00 PM
revamp that f'ing pathetic LB corps

figure out the secondary besides Samuel

tell p*ssy rap star to get his ass healthy for July

re-sign Weaver

trick someone into trading for Vick (hi Carolina)

get all the stupid ankle and knee surgeries done before June so you can participate in training camp

btw the Eagles have the #24 pick in the draft.  Still too low for Taylor Mays unless they trade into the top 15-20 but there should be a few good LBs available...

Wait, wait, wait....besides Samuel?  Fire his stupid ass too until he grows a set and learns to tackle.  farg him, and the rest of these chumps.

shorebird

Unless they draft Taylor Mays and/or Brandon Spikes I don't want to hear about it or think about it. 

SunMo

How many years have we seen this safety thing and called for them to draft somebody?  They haven't had a legit safety to play with dawk since michael lewis. Instead of drafting a legit athelete in an early round we get late round picks or udfas like mikell, harris, gaddis, demps, or whoever the farg
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

shorebird

I'll go further and say that it's time for a big change on this team and they should shop McNabb around and see what kind of draft picks they could get. I mean, Reid isn't going anywere, so imo, you need to shake this team up, big time. How long will Lurie and Reid continue with the same ole' same ole' and expect different results? I'm not pinning the woes of this team entirely on McNabb, but I've come to the conclusion that the Eagles well never win a Superbowl with him as this teams qb.

Munson

Quote from: shorebird on January 10, 2010, 06:42:26 PM
I'll go further and say that it's time for a big change on this team and they should shop McNabb around and see what kind of draft picks they could get. I mean, Reid isn't going anywere, so imo, you need to shake this team up, big time. How long will Lurie and Reid continue with the same ole' same ole' and expect different results? I'm not pinning the woes of this team entirely on McNabb, but I've come to the conclusion that the Eagles well never win a Superbowl with him as this teams qb.

They will never win with him as QB AND Reid as a coach.

Seperate the two and they'd both be better off. McNabb would benefit from a coach with ab etter game plan/commitment to the run....And Reid seems to call a more balanced game when he doesn't have 5 at the helm.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

MDS

still delusionally stupid enough to believe mcnabb can win a superbowl.

no shock there.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Munson

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

ice grillin you

on what earth is quinten mikell overrated...he has never been good...you have to be rated to be over

taylor mays cant play safety in this league imo...but draft him put 15-20 lbs on him and he could be a special linebacker

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

people saw mikell make plays as a gunner on punt coverage and automatically assumed he could cover people and make tackles in the open field

you know a guy is a special teams player his first 5 years in the league for a god damn reason
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

shorebird

Actually thats what I was thinking about Mays. He's a gifted athlete. I think he'd make the transition smoothly.