Draft Grades

Started by Zanshin, April 29, 2007, 02:18:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Zanshin on April 29, 2007, 03:01:13 PM
Quote from: Geowhizzer on April 29, 2007, 02:59:56 PM
Incomplete

Cop out.  It's incomplete EVERY year.  It's a grade as of what you know now.

Testy, aren't we?

I'll at least wait until the actual draft is over.  I'll admit, however, that I do not like what I am seeing very much.

Zanshin

Yeah, that 201st pick will really turn it all around....

PhillyGirl

Quote from: Magical_Retard on April 29, 2007, 02:45:08 PM
and then im hearing about mcnabb being let go/traded soon and im angry.

what the farg are you talking about?
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Zanshin on April 29, 2007, 03:06:00 PM
Yeah, that 201st pick will really turn it all around....

You are testy!

hbionic

I went from draft boner to draft innie. So, I guess that's a B?
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Seabiscuit36

I think they got some good talent at the end of the draft, but the Kolb pick still makes me sick.  Just trade back again, he would have been there early 3rd rd.  I give this draft a C-. 

farg it, D+ for not trading any players for picks, Moats, Dhani, GLew, Holcomb.  farg you ANDY
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

mussa

trade kolb to a team that needs him and get another wide receiver
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

ice grillin you

F-----

whats makes it especially bad is the fact that they made a great trade by moving down from 26 and then absolutely farged it up
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 29, 2007, 05:10:55 PM
F-----

whats makes it especially bad is the fact that they made a great trade by moving down from 26 and then absolutely farged it up
Does it bother anyone else that every other team got 1st rounders in 2008 for the same trade.  I think they farged that up too
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Seabiscuit36

Ha, Mort just called the Eagles the Biggest losers of the draft  :-D   :paranoid   :'(

mlbsports23

thats because they are , it has to be a F

Magical_Retard

Quote from: PhillyGirl on April 29, 2007, 03:14:08 PM

well im trying to read between the lines. picking a QB as your first pick makes no sense. not this yr, but i wouldnt be shocked if mcnabb is traded after this season.

btw i wouldnt really go by what these so called draft experts grade our draft. last yr we had a A grade from most ppl.

aside from the 1st pick, the guys they selected could pan out and help right away or in a yr or 2. you cant really grade right now unless you go purely on what is projected.

with that said i give it a F because IMO we needed to address the safety, LB, and Dline positions and not with later picks but with the first few picks.
Marge: I have someone who can help you!
Homer: Is it BATMAN!!??
Marge: No hes a scientist
Homer: Batman is a scientist.
Marge: Its not BATMAN!

TexasEagle

They did address LB (1st 3rd) and Dline (second 2nd - which is really just their 2nd) within their first few picks... they just wasted their very first pick which should have been a CB or S. The 1st pick the did just leaves a cloud over everything else. Looking at it as a whole, I still hate the Kolb pick but I think the draft was solid if not "exciting". The filled some needs, got some depth. If half the draft class pans out they did well today.

BigEd76

Quote from: PhillyGirl on April 29, 2007, 03:14:08 PM

He's worried about Eckel

PhillyGirl

Quote from: TexasEagle on April 29, 2007, 06:18:27 PM
If half the draft class pans out they did well today.

which would be 50% better than last year's awesome draft :yay
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen