Your most nerve-wracking moment as an Eagles fan?

Started by The BIGSTUD, May 08, 2006, 05:14:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

henchmanUK

Quote from: BigEd76 on May 08, 2006, 06:59:23 PM
Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on May 08, 2006, 06:01:55 PM
The Hook and ladder by the Giants when Troy stopped ? at the 4 yard line. 

Damon Moore stopped Ron Dixon at the 6

This one was my first thought as well...

Oh yeah, never mind the bottom falling out of my world, I thought the world was going to fall out of my bottom on that play.
"The drunkenness, the violence, the nihilism: the Eagles should really be an English football team, not an American one." - Financial Times, London

MadMarchHare

The minute I saw the lateral, I knew it was trouble.  I was near shteinting bricks when Moore finally made the tackle.

And I was at that MNF game at FedEx, which was also the "foreign substance" game.  You should've seen that place clear out.  I thought Dawk was going to call a fair catch on that "pass". :-D
Anyone but Reid.

sallad selgae

"Official Sponsor of the first, fourth round draft pick"

ice grillin you

pretty much every play of every road taterskin game i go to
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: PhillyPhaninDC on May 08, 2006, 06:41:56 PM
Quote from: Drunkmasterflex on May 08, 2006, 06:09:57 PM
The Monday Night game when Hutton fumbled the snap on a chip shot field goal against the Cowboys, I cried when they lost that game.  I am not someone that cries but the Eagles have made me do it twice the second time was when they lost to TB in the NFCCG.

Trent Cole would look down upon your sissy ass crying with disdain. Nancy.

For me, December 12, 2004. Eagles vs. Skins at FedEx field. Where Ramsey lobbed the ball up and Dawk came up with the pick. I work with a bunch of taterskins fargstick iceholes who frequent ES.com and lap on Art's balls, and they gauranteed the Birds would lose. The bet was that if the Birds won, they would have to go out and buy authentic T.O jerseys and wear them at work for the entire week If I lost, it was a Clinton Portis authentic jersey all week.. I have a picture of those bitches with the shame written all over there mugs on my desk. It is a great repellent, they never come by my desk anymore, even during the last season.  Thank you Brian Dawkins....and a big farg, farg, farg you to the legion of Extremeskins doucebags.

:flipoff :flipoff :flipoff :flipoff

I doubt I was the only one, I just have the balls to admit it.  For the Tampa game I was damn near blacked out drunk so that doesn't really count.
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Fan_Since_64

Quote from: Don Ho on May 08, 2006, 06:39:47 PM
#3 1978 Wildcard Playoff at Atlanta.  Mike Michel missing a chip shot to win it.  I almost cried.

LOTS of worthy choices listed in this thread, but this one still makes me crazy all these years later. I almost cried, too   :'( And remember on that same drive, Ron Jaworski hitting reserve WR Oren Middlebrook with a perfect strike that would have been a TD, and the Falcon defender had overrun the play and Middlebrook bobbled it, almost caught it again.......and dropped it?  :boom I was seated when that play began and lying prone on the floor by the time it ended.  :-\

MURP

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on May 09, 2006, 03:56:59 AM

I also recall the Damon Moore-Bobby Taylor-Ron Dixon play vividly.

Im glad im not the only one who remembers Taylor in there.   :paranoid

Zanshin

Quote from: Drunkmasterflex on May 09, 2006, 08:41:53 AM

I doubt I was the only one, I just have the balls to admit it. For the Tampa game I was damn near blacked out drunk so that doesn't really count.

Well, I didn't cry...but I was devastated.  That was brutal for me.  And I remember the whole thing so vividly.  At that point, I was sitting on my heels about two feet in front of my TV, primed to jump up in celebration...and then it fell apart.  Took me hours and hours to fall asleep.  Terrible.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Zanshin on May 09, 2006, 08:58:05 AM

I doubt I was the only one, I just have the balls to admit it. For the Tampa game I was damn near blacked out drunk so that doesn't really count.

Well, I didn't cry...but I was devastated.  That was brutal for me.  And I remember the whole thing so vividly.  At that point, I was sitting on my heels about two feet in front of my TV, primed to jump up in celebration...and then it fell apart.  Took me hours and hours to fall asleep.  Terrible.

I didn't cry, either.  But that was the game I talked about earlier, when I managed to knock a chunk out of the corner of our drywall. 

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: Geowhizzer on May 09, 2006, 09:25:29 AM

I didn't cry, either.  But that was the game I talked about earlier, when I managed to knock a chunk out of the corner of our drywall. 

I was out one TV remote after that one.
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Drunkmasterflex on May 09, 2006, 09:32:23 AM

Come to think about it, I was probably out one of those, too.

Then again, I go through about one every six months.  :D

PhillyandBCEagles

The entire 2005 NFCCG, at least until Chad's game-clinching TD.  That sets the bar for nerve-wracking because I couldn't even think about anything else the entire week.  The night before the game I was so nervous I as literally shaking...got blackout drunk, passed out on my friend's couch at around 4:30 am, and woke up at 7 the morning of the game dead sober with no hang over.  Trudged back to my room thru the 18 inches of snow we'd had dumped on us the night before and spent the rest of the day on CF and on the phone with friends until kickoff.

MadMarchHare

Quote from: Geowhizzer on May 09, 2006, 09:34:15 AM
Quote from: Drunkmasterflex on May 09, 2006, 09:32:23 AM

Come to think about it, I was probably out one of those, too.

Then again, I go through about one every six months.  :D
Damn, Geo, pick football or baseball.  Your remotes need an off season.
Anyone but Reid.

SidFarkus

The interception to Roy Williams at the end of the Dallas game this past year is just too fresh in mymind to think of anything more nerve wracking...
Bleeding Green Nation
Philadelphia Eagles Blog

http://bleedinggreennation.com/

MadMarchHare

As far as nerve racking goes:  waiting for the instant replay vs. the taterskins in the playoffs (the Earnest Byner fumble run back for a TD).  I didn't think I'd ever hear something louder than the cheers for the runback, until the boos started when it was ruled down by contact. :boom
Anyone but Reid.