Main Menu

Media BS

Started by Zanshin, October 04, 2005, 09:16:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SunMo

if it bothers you so much, why do you read it?
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

so they can start threads on here about how much the media sucks
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SunMo

ha!

i forgot about that.

it's the same reason everybody watches ESPN even though they hate every personality on there.  if they don't watch, they won't have a reason to whine

PhillyGirl

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 04, 2005, 01:17:56 PM

hey, there is another board calling your name. Go find it.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PhillyGirl

Quote from: MadMarchHare on October 04, 2005, 12:48:57 PM
Didn't Reid come out and shake the hands of all the fans freezing their asses off in the Vet parking lot, waiting for playoff tickets to go on sale one year?

Quote from: PhillyGirl on October 04, 2005, 10:38:09 AM
Great post Wingspan.

Not sure if any of you guys have read Gargano's book yet, but the foreward in there from Reid was fantastic. Here is how it starts:

QuoteI must tell you a story. I must tell you the story of that morning in January 2001 when single game tickets went on sale for our first playoff game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. We were still at the Vet and I had been working all night, catching a few hours of sleep on the couch in my office, and I emerged, the sun barely up and awake, to a throng of people braving the bitter cold for a chance to buy seats. They stood out there, lining the ramps of the stadium, some for most of the night, and it was colder than football cold but they were undeterred. And when they saw me, they cheered and hollered and began doing EAGLE changes, and what I saw was something profound: The Passion of Philadelphia. It was overwhelming. I bought them hot chocolate and doughnuts and I wished I could have brought them all into my office to keep warm, though they're a tough bunch, football players in spirit.

I knew it then and I know it now: I'm very fortunate to coach foobtall in a sports town like this, a town that loves the game the way I love the game........

......It didn't take me long to feel at home here. When it comes to sports, this is a big city with a small-town atmosphere. It's almost a college atmosphere. The fans will fill the stadium whether the teams are winning or losing. I think back to that first year when we were building the foundation of our success and not winning a lot of games; I looked up into the stands and they were there. There's no front-runner in these fans. What I like most is that I think we share the same pulse of how things are going. If you're winning, they're feeling pretty good, celebrating the good times with you. If you're not winning, they're booing and you're kicking yourself in the tail. We're in that same frame of mind. We Connect.

I was with the Green Bay Packers when I first learned of The Passion of Philadelphia. Reggie White was with us and I remember being at the hotel and the people gathered around the lobby. It was part Reggie, but also part the people loving Reggie. It showed me the loyalty of this city. That's carried over to this football team. People don't just follow this team. They study it. They love it. They live it. When people start willing things to relatives that are Eagles related, that's when you know it's getting close to a religious state. Our fans want to be engulfed by the Philadelphia Eagles.

He goes on to talk about how incredible Jacksonville was and how it felt like a home game with the amazing fans that came there.

Nah, no way to connect with this guy...at all. ::)
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Beermonkey

Quote from: Sun_Mo on October 04, 2005, 01:19:40 PM
ha!

i forgot about that.

it's the same reason everybody watches ESPN even though they hate every personality on there.  if they don't watch, they won't have a reason to whine

The same can be said about those whose feelings are hurt by the lack of warmth in press conferences.

It's not about warranted negative press & isn't even a problem specific to sports. The media shapes public perception & when they create issues to further their personal agenda, it's a disservice to those in that market.

Of course, a lot of fans are able to discern between the bullshtein & valid points, thereby making people like Skip Bayless nothing more than cheap entertainment.

Isn't 90% of what's discussed on message boards, "whining" about one thing or another?

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: PhillyGirl on October 04, 2005, 01:33:28 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on October 04, 2005, 01:17:56 PM

hey, there is another board calling your name. Go find it.

He's banned from that one.  No dice.

rjs246

Quote from: FFatPatt on October 04, 2005, 01:46:48 PM
He's banned from that one.  No dice.

Several times over, I believe.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: Beermonkey on October 04, 2005, 01:45:54 PM
Isn't 90% of what's discussed on message boards, "whining" about oen thing or another?

95% since he found this site.

PoopyfaceMcGee

You are correct, sir.

PhillyGirl

rjs246

True, now that IGY is here, all the old heads spend 10-15% more time whining. About him.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: rjs246 on October 04, 2005, 01:48:58 PM
True, now that IGY is here, all the old heads spend 10-15% more time whining. About him.

was talking about the other one.

SunMo

Quote from: PhillyGirl on October 04, 2005, 01:48:16 PM
Quote from: Beermonkey on October 04, 2005, 01:45:54 PM
Isn't 90% of what's discussed on message boards, "whining" about oen thing or another?

95% since he found this site.

::)

ice grillin you

actually i got back on but cant really post...if big ed or any other mod sees me its world war III...

i stopped posting on the tate last year anyway...mostly because the traffic is out of control...this board is really not much different from that one except you can carry on a discussion here...over there you make a post and within two minutes its buried under 30 others...so mostly i just read the other boards
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous