This whole week of TO actually made me even more excited about 2005.

Started by WEST is GOD, August 12, 2005, 03:32:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WEST is GOD

I'm just not used to going into a season with nothing to worry about. I'm not used to feeling like a favorite. This season going in before this whole TO incident happened months ago, there wasn't anything to worry about, because everything was perfect. Then things started happening one by one. Just a brutal offseason. I like it this way. No I don't mean I like going in with key players missing from our team, but I love the feel of the underdog. I love when every analyst doubts us as they are doing now. The feeling of excitement is back for me much more than it was back in april. If TO isn't on this team this season, no longer will we go into every week expecting an easy win, and that is how I like it. I don't feel comfortable going into the season expecting us to roll through the NFC. It just gives me a bad vibe. Something bad is always going to happen, and going into a clear-cut NFC favorite season, the worst is bound to happen at the worst of times.

Going into the season now, the worst is happening before the season. That is when I want it to happen. The tougher fought the wins are, the sweeter they are. How amazing would it be to win this thing without TO? The world is against us, no one thought we could do it. As amazingly exciting as last season was with us clicking on all cylinders, I enjoyed the previous 2 seasons as a whole(minus the playoffs) more than the 2004-2005 season. As bad as things can get, the way I see it is Greg Lewis and Reggie Brown are better than Thrash and Pinkston, so we aren't exactly in the same position we were back in 2003 without TO. On top of that Westbrook wasn't in the game. You can win without an absolute stud receiver. The Patriots did it 3 times. Their defense is great, but you can argue 2 out of those 3 Superbowls were won by their offense. They spread the ball around and have 3 quality receivers. If TO doesn't suit up for us again, then we will for sure go out and pick up a quality player. Granted, he won't be TO quality, we will have 3 quality starting receivers this year as opposed to one great one one average one and one scrub as we did last year. This TO era is over and unrepairable. His presence on a field if things continue will be detrimental to our team, so TO being there as a weapon no longer matters. Last year's season was too good to be true. He is a ticking time bomb. Maybe balance is the key to this season. Plus I am really excited about the next offseason as well. We are in the same boat as we were a year ago. Sleepless nights thinking of what stud we could possibly bring in. Winning is all that counts, but we win without TO. The main difference is there is uncertainty, and I love uncertainty. I can't wait for this season now, and even more than before.

Just bored at 3:30 am and felt like posting something a little different than what we've been discussing about TO vs this guy and that guy. This isn't a TO topic, it's about your excitement for the season, and just general optimism in this time of crisis. Am I the only one who feels this way now?
THIS SEASON IS OVER AND ANDY'S WORLD IS GRIDL

Offseason needs: 2 DEs, 1 DT, 1 OL, 2 LBs, 1 RB, 2 WRs, 1 TE, 1 KR.

ice grillin you

i didnt read most of what you wrote...but if you said that this takes a lot of pressure off the team...i agree and i do find that to be a silver lining in all of this
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MadMarchHare

Silver linings are great, but they still require a big black cloud.

Just saying.....
Anyone but Reid.

ice grillin you

mikey418

Hey...just remember that last year the Pat's had all this drama early on with Ty Law last year and Lawyer Milloy the year before that...
The wannabe sponsor of Stallworth and Baskett

PhillyPhreak54

I think the guys are sick of hearing about TO and how they can't win without him and they're going to step it up. Like I said yesterday - this is not the beginning of the end.

daigglesfaninva

Get your mojo here:
              korovamilkbar.invisionzone.com

PhillyPhreak54

MadMarchHare

Anyone but Reid.

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

ice grillin you

could be nothing could everything but wip just reported westbrook did not show for practice today...reason unknown but he hasnt been seen at all

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: ice grillin you on August 12, 2005, 09:48:21 AM
could be nothing could everything but wip just reported westbrook did not show for practice today...reason unknown but he hasnt been seen at all

Yikes  :-\

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: SD_Eagle on August 12, 2005, 09:52:44 AM
Quote from: ice grillin you on August 12, 2005, 09:48:21 AM

Yikes  :-\

I heard that too.

They also said a touch of the flu has been going around (Walker's had it, Douglas was dehydrated this morning too).

And Eckel reported that Fletcher Smith & Joe Banner were working on the contract today. Maybe he got signed?

ice grillin you

And Eckel reported that Fletcher Smith & Joe Banner were working on the contract today. Maybe he got signed?

good lord do we need some good news such as this

wouldnt be surprised either since it would be good PR for the front office...showing that they arent unreasonable with players