the betting thread

Started by ice grillin you, January 14, 2006, 12:07:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

saints ML isnt bad, yea

thing is im pretty sure every year of this thursday opener the home team has won

trends baby. trends.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Drinking Antifreeze > Betting against the Packers in prime time at Lambeau

PoopyfaceMcGee

IGY!

You still have $20 to make up on me, man... unless you want to pay my $10 for your survivor pool. Regardless, let's get it ON! Sheridan's Linez

My 5 picks for this weekend:

NFL - ARI -7 vs CAR
NFL - PIT +1.5 at BAL
NCAA - Oregon -26.5 vs Nevada
NCAA - VT -17 at ECU
NCAA - No Ill -4.5 at Kansas

ice grillin you

missouri +9 arizona state
wisconsin vs oregon state over 56.5
stanford -20.5 duke
alabama -10 penn state
st. louis +4 eagles
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

I'm on ASU tonight and on PSU tomorrow. Not touching Eagles/Rams game. Love your Wisc/OregonSt and Stanford picks. Nice cross-section of agreement and disagreement.

Are you going particularly heavy on any of those outside of our bet?

ice grillin you

im not going crazy on any of them but the first three i am making legitimate bets on

i will also be betting on michigan

no late games on tv this week really sucks

my big play of the week will be the cardinals but i didnt wanna duplicate your pick in our thing
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: FastFreddie on September 09, 2011, 09:55:12 AM
NFL - ARI -7 vs CAR
NFL - PIT +1.5 at BAL
NCAA - Oregon -26.5 vs Nevada - WIN
NCAA - VT -17 at ECU - LOSS
NCAA - No Ill -4.5 at Kansas - LOSS

Quote from: ice grillin you on September 09, 2011, 10:26:01 AM
missouri +9 arizona state - WIN
wisconsin vs oregon state over 56.5 - LOSS
stanford -20.5 duke - WIN
alabama -10 penn state - WIN
st. louis +4 eagles

With carryover from last season, I'm up only $10 after IGY ate my lunch today. And since I bet heavy on the Rams, I'm rooting for him to go 4/5 this week. Of course, he is rooting for me to win the Arizona bet. :CF - where nobody wins! Ever!

MDS

where is homer j at with his bets for the day?

so far all i have locked in is my 4 team tease special
sd -3
ne -1
cle -1
arz -1

pays +350 and i know someone, probably norv tuner, is gonna get me
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Homer J has to load up on a new book.

I withdrew from Bodog after March Madness and was worried about depositing because of that online poker crackdown.

However I'm itching for action. When I get back to Houston I will load up.  No action this weekend.

Eagles_Legendz

wow, we have the exact same 3, cept I didn't go with SD.
7pt teaser on Zona, Cleveland, and Pats.

Obnoxious parlay to start the year:
Cleveland ML
taterskins ML
Zona -7
Pats -7
Titans +1

15 to win 318.

Also have money straight up on ATL -3 at even money.

MDS

yea i was going with those 3 then couldnt resist the SD line...they should destroy minnesota. i know they wont because its norv but they should.

5 team parlay daydream
pit +1
phi -4.5
ten +1
den -3
ne ML

2 games i like the most are pit and ten...both road division squads. usually those dont hit. but whatever. separate parlay with them.

FF peep me a play. i was gonna blindly follow J but instead itll be you.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on September 11, 2011, 02:02:03 AM
wow, we have the exact same 3, cept I didn't go with SD.
7pt teaser on Zona, Cleveland, and Pats.

You mean "wow" in that MDS posted those three earlier in the week? I hit it too. Considering the "quality" of the Browns and Cardinals, I am inordinately heavy on those two games.

Here are my leans this week:
Pittsburgh +1 - heavy
Tampa Bay -1 - light
Atlanta -2 - moderate (like o40.5 in that game moderate also)
Buffalo +5.5 - moderate
Indianapolis +9 - moderate
St. Louis +4 - heavy (biggest lean of the week - look at the line shrinking despite more $ on Eagles)
Cleveland -6.5 - heavy
Titans/Jags u37 - light (no farging clue with this game really)
Giants -2.5 - super super light, wish I hadn't bet on them (however I bet o37.5 and still LOVE the over at 39)
Cardinals -6.5 - heavy
Seahawks +5 - moderate (rule #3c - when two zesty teams play each other, bet on the underdog)
Vikings +9 - light (I do think San Diego will win, even if they throw up an early season stinker... but you never know)
Jets -6 - light (u40.5 light also but really not much feel for this game)
Pats -7 - moderate (only thing that scares me is how small the line is, actually)
Broncos/Raiders - LOL

Quote from: MDS on September 11, 2011, 02:25:52 AM
yea i was going with those 3 then couldnt resist the SD line...they should destroy minnesota. i know they wont because its norv but they should.

FF peep me a play. i was gonna blindly follow J but instead itll be you.

Should have at least done the 6.5pt teaser, because if the Chargers win by a FG, your boy Ryan Wolf is going to have to report on a mass murder at the Inside Out bar.

If you're going to tail me, hit the "heavy" plays above - but at your own risk. Thanks to teams like Northern Illinois and Notre Dame, yesterday was ugly with a capital Munson.

PoopyfaceMcGee

ALERT - Line down to 3.5 despite 3/4 of money going on the Eagles

Eagles_Legendz

Yeah I didnt check the thread before I bet.  Thought it was interesting we had the same teams.

The Eagles line moved from 4.5 too despite the cash going the other way.  Not a good sign.

MDS

no, stupid

i want a play. not all your farging leans. give me a parlay or a tease youre doing.