farg Dallas! Thread

Started by SD_Eagle5, March 16, 2006, 10:13:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

Diomedes

Yeah, I heard.

He'd make a great mascot.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

BigEd76

Monte Kiffin, Old Guy (and the new DC in Dallas)

Eagaholic

So 4-3 now, with arguably the best LB since he's been in the league going to DE.

SunMo

making Demarcus Ware a DE instead of a rushing OLB?  i'll take that
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

Quote from: SunMo on January 11, 2013, 04:59:58 PM
making Demarcus Ware a DE instead of a rushing OLB?  i'll take that

yeah for real

hes olb in name only anyway....this will be no change for him
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Eagaholic

It will be a big change in that they won't be able to move him around and match him up against whoever they want in the same way, and who really knows if he will be different with his hand on the ground?

methdeez

Quote from: Eagaholic on January 11, 2013, 05:13:45 PM
It will be a big change in that they won't be able to move him around and match him up against whoever they want in the same way, and who really knows if he will be different with his hand on the ground?
Flipping DE's is about the easiest thing in the world.
Run at the QB this way, or run at the QB that way. He will still be good. I think he is a more of a 4-3 end anyway.

ice grillin you

yeah why cant you move him around in a 4-3....happens in every game every season
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Eagaholic

Maybe you don't watch a lot of 3-4 but it is a little different. Dallas moves Ware to either side on any given play for his best match up. On maybe 25% of the plays he'll jump over the the left side.

methdeez

Quote from: Eagaholic on January 11, 2013, 05:31:34 PM
Maybe you don't watch a lot of 3-4 but it is a little different.
Yup my bad. I thought this was a soccer board.
Did you guys see Ronaldhinonono run around in circles for 90 minutes last night? farging breathtaking.

Eagaholic

methdeez

Quote from: Eagaholic on January 11, 2013, 05:40:21 PM
what?
You said:
QuoteYou don't agree with my opinion because you don't watch enough football to know the difference between a 3-4 and a 4-3.
I made a joke about it.
Really though, I do know the difference, as does everyone else who spends time cruising a secret message board about football.
I just don't agree with you.

Eagaholic

Quote from: methdeez on January 11, 2013, 05:43:42 PM
Quote from: Eagaholic on January 11, 2013, 05:40:21 PM
what?
You said:
QuoteYou don't agree with my opinion because you don't watch enough football to know the difference between a 3-4 and a 4-3.
I made a joke about it.
Really though, I do know the difference, as does everyone else who spends time cruising a secret message board about football.
I just don't agree with you.

Actually, I was replying to IGY. My point simply is this - coaches don't routinely flip flop 4-3 DEs based on getting the best match ups against the tackles. Dallas does with Ware and they will lose that if they switch to a Kiffin 4-3 (although it does use often uses a wide-9 or close to it split of the RDE to open a gap for a 3 technique to be almost like a 3rd DE, like Sapp and Simeon Rice, so it would probably suit Ware, but who knows how he will do with his hand on the ground).

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.