farg Dallas! Thread

Started by SD_Eagle5, March 16, 2006, 10:13:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mussa

TO crying just made my year. if past actions didn't confirm his fragile mind then this definitely takes the cake. what a freakin whack job
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

paco

I'm not from Philly but some say I'm blunt.

Feva

^^^^

Ha! That's pretty good.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

MDS

yea that was pretty funny. never gets old seeing homo farg up in the playoffs.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Munson

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

SD_Eagle5

QuoteSources: Garrett turning down head coaching jobs to stay with Cowboys
ESPN.com news services

Dallas head coach Wade Phillips has been informed that Jason Garrett will turn down head coaching opportunities with the Atlanta Falcons and Baltimore Ravens and remain as the offensive coordinator for the Cowboys, sources told ESPN's Ed Werder.

Sources told ESPN.com that Garrett, who spent several hours meeting with Atlanta officials earlier in the day, huddled with Dallas owner Jerry Jones on Wednesday night. Garrett met with the Ravens on Monday night and part of the day Tuesday before flying to Atlanta for a follow-up session.

The Cowboys could offer Garrett a substantial raise and the tacit promise that he will eventually succeed Phillips within the next couple years.

In 2004, Jones convinced both his coordinators at the time, Sean Payton on offense and Mike Zimmer on defense, to bypass head coaching opportunities and stay with the Cowboys. Payton had been offered the Oakland Raiders' head coaching position and Zimmer the job at the University of Nebraska.

It is believed the Ravens formally offered Garrett their head coach job, at a salary of less than $3 million annually. Sources told ESPN.com's Matt Mosley that the Falcons' job is Garrett's if he wants it. The Falcons have also been seriously considering former Baltimore defensive coordinator Rex Ryan, who met with club executives on Monday for a second time, and who is held in high regard.

There were rumblings around the league on Wednesday that the Ravens were growing impatient with Garrett and might turn to another candidate, perhaps Philadelphia secondary coach John Harbaugh. But a club source said late Wednesday that Ravens officials still believe they have a solid shot of landing Garrett if he decides to depart Dallas for his first head coach job.

Both the Falcons and Ravens lost a candidate on Wednesday when Indianapolis assistant head coach Jim Caldwell withdrew his name from consideration for the vacancies. The move, first reported by ESPN's Chris Mortensen, fueled immediate speculation that Caldwell removed himself because he is about to be named the successor to Colts' coach Tony Dungy.

But Dungy told Mortensen that he has not yet made a decision on his future and likely will not before the weekend. League sources said Caldwell's action was motivated more by the reality that he was probably not viewed as more than the No. 3 candidate by both Atlanta and Baltimore officials.

One reason for a second interview between Garrett and Atlanta executives is that the Falcons did not have a general manager when they huddled with him for the first time on Jan. 4. On Saturday, however, Atlanta hired New England college scouting director Thomas Dimitroff as its new general manager, and he will have considerable input into the selection of the head coach. The Falcons' vacancy was created when Bobby Petrino resigned with three games remaining in his first season as an NFL head coach, to fill the vacancy at the University of Arkansas.

Atlanta has interviewed five other candidates for the position. If the team is still without a new coach by the weekend, and New York loses at Green Bay in Sunday's NFC Championship Game, the Falcons probably will seek permission to interview Giants defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo. The Falcons made such a request earlier, but the Giants rebuffed it because of the team's status in the playoffs.

Even as he faced the specter of losing Garrett as his coordinator, Jones was attempting on Wednesday to retain several assistant coaches whose contracts are about to expire, and who are rumored to be candidates for staff positions in Miami, where Cowboys assistant head coach Tony Sparano on Wednesday was hired as the Dolphins' new coach.

Jones has offered contract extensions to secondary coach Todd Bowles, linebackers coach Paul Pasqualoni, and defensive line coach Kacy Rodgers.

PoopyfaceMcGee

That is what I said all along.

<Die-Hard>RICH RODRIGUEZ!</D-H>

MDS

QuoteESPN.com is reporting that Jerry Jones gave Brad Garrett around $3 million to stay in Dallas.
That's a lot of money from an owner who has always questioned the value of coaches. Jones wasn't allowed to promise Garrett he'd be the team's next head coach, but the raise basically ensures that he will be

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

QB Eagles

There's no denying that the Garrett thing ended in the most positive way possible for the Cowboys. They held onto Garrett and didn't even have to embarrassingly force out Phillips (coming off a 13-3 season) and admit that he is a dopey figurehead coach. All it cost them was money, which seems to be no object to Jerry Jones.

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

BigEd76

-- Julius Jones thinks he's a #1 RB and isn't likely to return

-- Atlanta denied permission to talk to Emmitt Thomas

PhillyGirl

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJHb9m4ccmQ

Was this posted anywhere?

Its quite possibly one of the funniest things I've ever seen.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PhillyGirl

nevermind, saw it in the You Tube section.

Whatever...at least its where it belongs on here too.  :evil
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Rome

Hitler & Sean Taylor are laughing their asses off in hell right now at that.