farg Dallas! Thread

Started by SD_Eagle5, March 16, 2006, 10:13:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wingspan

QuoteThere will be 16 elevators, ten major staircases and 22 escalators. Sixteen of those escalators will take patrons to the upper concourse.

i really hope the other 6 escalators just dump people off the roof.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

MDS

Nothing could make me happier.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

QuoteUpdated: Dec. 13, 2006, 7:59 PM ET

T.O. blames team snitch for problems

Associated Press

IRVING, Texas -- Terrell Owens really likes being part of the Dallas Cowboys except for one thing: the snitch.

Owens remains upset that someone within the organization has been airing his dirty laundry. It started with a preseason report about him being late to work and continued with the story about a problem that causes him to fall asleep in meetings.

Those things happened earlier this season, but the bitterness lingers. Owens told ESPN in an interview that aired Sunday that he was "faking it" in practice because he was so frustrated, and then he explained himself much further in a roughly half-hour interview in front of his locker Wednesday.

Describing his tumultuous early season, which also included a hamstring injury in training camp and a broken hand that led to an "accidental overdose" on painkillers, Owens said: "I just felt like I was out there, just out there. I didn't feel like I was a part of the team."

"One of the coaches came to me after one game and I just told him I felt alone in this locker room. That's how I felt at that time. It was weighing a lot on my mind during the course of the game. My mind really wasn't clear to play football," he said.

Now?

"I'm tons better," he said.

T.O.'s season has followed the same arc as the team's record. He was mediocre early but then began putting up big numbers when Tony Romo replaced Drew Bledsoe at quarterback, a move that led to a 5-1 streak. Dallas is 8-5 and leading the NFC East going into a game at Atlanta on Saturday night.

"Winning cures a lot of things," Owens said.

Despite all that's happened, Owens said he is happy enough that he could envision finishing his career with the Cowboys.

"Oh, yeah, I definitely would," he said. "Unless somebody knows something I don't know. ... I mean, I don't see any reason not to, you know what I mean?"

Well, there is that snitch still lurking.

"Yeah, that's my main part of frustration," he said. "It's like, you want to be part of this team and feel part of it, but it's hard to do that when you feel like there are guys you feel like you don't trust. It's just not happening."

What bugs Owens the most about the snitching is that he doesn't think it is so bad to be late or fall asleep in a meeting.

"Those are like petty things, you know what I mean?" he said. "My point is, everybody does it. But it's when I do it, it's a big deal. ... Enough is enough, you know what I mean? It gets to a point where it's like, 'OK, when does it stop?'"

Although T.O. has a good idea of who is snitching -- "This is not a situation where someone is hiding out in the bushes," he said -- he won't confront the suspect until "the time is right."

Why not? Especially if it bothers him so much that he told a national TV audience he was tempted to slack off in practice or a game.

"It wouldn't be nothing but a big distraction," he said. "I just let it be. ... At this point, it's not something to really address. Like I said, I kind of have my hunches. But it's nothing that I'm really dwelling on right now. Just letting it go, trying to play football. That's it."

Owens leads the Cowboys with 72 catches for 971 yards and nine touchdowns. With three games left, he's easily within reach of a seventh 1,000-yard season, could approach his career best of 100 receptions and is one TD shy of most in the NFL. (No wonder his Web site sent e-mails this week asking fans to vote Owens into Pro Bowl, even providing a link to the ballot.)

His stats took a bit of a hit in a 42-17 loss to the New Orleans Saints on Sunday.

Owens caught only three passes for 56 yards, his fewest in both categories since Romo took over as the starting quarterback. He didn't have a catch in the first half, reminiscent of when Bledsoe was the starter.

"I feel like I could be a little bit more involved," Owens said. "But, you know, I don't call the plays. I just go with the plays that are called."

Owens said it would be pointless to lobby the coaches for more passes -- even though he also made it clear he blames them for the routes being chosen, not the decisions Romo is making where to throw it.

Then again, coaches might not want more plays for No. 81 because he leads the league in dropped passes.

"I'm not Superman," he said. "I'm human. Michael Jordan doesn't make every shot. Jerry [Rice] hasn't caught every pass. Tiger [Woods] doesn't make every putt. I understand the expectations of me. People want me to catch every ball. The likelihood of that happening is not going to be great. I understand that."

While discussing the drops, Owens brought up the snitch again, saying he's lacked focus sometimes because he "was consumed by a lot of things going on here."

Another issue Owens raised during his ESPN interview was that coach Bill Parcells never spoke to him directly about his night in the hospital, which included a police report saying T.O. was depressed and attempted suicide.

"It didn't hurt my feelings," Owens said. "I found it odd."

Parcells refuses to get into discussions about things related to Owens. He dismissed questions about the ESPN interview by saying he didn't see it and went into a long discourse about the various things that go into drops when that subject came up.

As for Cowboys owner Jerry Jones, he said the "faking it" quote was taken out of context because "he said just the opposite every other word."

"They took the parts where he was saying the positive things and are going to do that at a later time and used the negative things for the first time because that didn't fit what they wanted to do at that time," Jones said.

Wow.  Just fricken w-o-w.

What a lunatic. 

PhillyGirl

QuoteAs for Cowboys owner Jerry Jones, he said the "faking it" quote was taken out of context because "he said just the opposite every other word."

"They took the parts where he was saying the positive things and are going to do that at a later time and used the negative things for the first time because that didn't fit what they wanted to do at that time," Jones said.

The lengths that Jerrah is going to in this is disgusting.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Cerevant

I find two things amusing:

1) TO thinks that there is only one person "snitching" on him
2) It seems that all TO headlines could fit the form: "TO blames <someone else> for <TO's problem>
An ad hominem fallacy consists of asserting that someone's argument is wrong and/or he is wrong to argue at all purely because of something discreditable/not-authoritative about the person or those persons cited by him rather than addressing the soundness of the argument itself.

EJ72

Quote from: PhillyGirl on December 14, 2006, 08:34:14 AM
QuoteAs for Cowboys owner Jerry Jones, he said the "faking it" quote was taken out of context because "he said just the opposite every other word."

The lengths that Jerrah is going to in this is disgusting.

He's got to cover his ass, you know.

Not much different than what you guys went through with Owens except for the famed OD, and pretty much what I expected. If he could ever learn to keep his yap shut, I wouldn't have a problem with him.

Did you all enjoy that game Sunday? For once I'm glad I'm already losing my hair, it's not as noticeable when I pull some out. I can't decide which was worse, the complete and utter asswhipping, or that they kneeled down 4 times inside our 10 with 3 minutes left. At least playing Atlanta tomorrow night lessens the odds that we'll give up another 5 TD passes. 3 or 4 Vick 40 yard TD runs, maybe.

methdeez

"Lavonya Quintelle Carter"?
How did I not know about this?

What the hell kinda name is that?

Black people, you gotta stop...

Rome

If he ever learned to keep his big mouth shut he'd still be playing for the 49ers.

He's done in Dallas after this season.  The only way he isn't is if Parcells retires.  No way the Tuna tolerates another year from that brain fart.

Diomedes

Quote from: methdeez on December 15, 2006, 07:52:35 PMWhat the hell kind a name is that?

I farging shtein you not...I knew parents named Andrew and Melissa who named their daughter Andrewlissa.

Can you farging imagine???
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Sgt PSN

That's still better than the idiots out there naming their kids ESPN.

If I ever have another kid I'm going to name him/her HGTV just for the hell of it. 

Diomedes

If I ever have a kid, I'm gonna kill it and then myself and you fargers will be better off for it, I promise.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhreak54

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Diomedes on December 15, 2006, 10:47:05 PM
If I ever have a kid, I'm gonna kill it and then myself and you fargers will be better off for it, I promise.

No you won't.  You'll get one of those chest straps and carry the kid around everywhere.   

ice grillin you

im really looking forward to watching my first non eagle game of the year tonight

this game is great because the eagles win no matter who loses
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54