farg Dallas! Thread

Started by SD_Eagle5, March 16, 2006, 10:13:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

I actually got a laugh out of it.   

BigEd76

Kearse was the only Eagle invited

MDS

Sounds like someone has terrific social skills.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Anyone seem TO's new earring he's wearing? It looks like he bought it from Del Griffith the shower curtain ring salesman.

mooby

Finally a thread I can support.

PhillyGirl

QuoteOWENS MAKES ANOTHER ATTENTION GRAB

Cowboys receiver Terrell Owens, who apparently can't stand not being the first player talked about whenever his team is mentioned, has made yet another attempt to get his name back in the conversation.

And maybe this one will finally prompt the Cowboys to get rid of him.

The key word, as ESPN's Tom Jackson noted after the interview that ran on Sunday NFL Countdown, is "contradiction."

While insisting that he's happy with the Cowboys, T.O. pissed and moaned about things like, for example, the fact that coach Bill Parcells "didn't say anything" after Owens' accidental suicide attempt.

"He never asked how were you?" asked Michael Irvin in response.

"I found it very odd that he wouldn't be concerned," Owens said.

Regarding the stream of issues and distractions in which he has been involved this season, Owens insisted, "I'm doing nothing any other football players that has doing [sic] or done around the league."

Let's see.  Milked hamstring injury.  Drug overdose.  Public spat with position coach.  Falling asleep in meetings.  Tuning out head coach.  Dropping easy passes.  Yeah, pretty much every pro football player does that.

And Owens admits that the media scrutiny to which he was subjected caused him to lose his focus.  "I'm not really into it.  It's like I'm almost kind of faking it. . . .  it was affecting my game."

He now blames his rash of dropped passes on these external events.  Which really isn't surprising, since he finds an external target for pretty much anything that ever goes wrong in his life.

The most shocking statement?  A direct slap at head coach Bill Parcells.  Owens says he loves being a Cowboy "despite Bill's coaching style."

(Ironically, Owens' last sit-down with Irvin, which was aired in June, included gushing from Owens regarding how much he likes Parcells and how much he thinks they'll get along, because they both want to win.)

After the segment, the guys on the Countdown set teed off.  Jackson called Owens a "dangerous teammate," and later wondered aloud whether Parcells might soon come to the same conclusion regarding Owens that Parcells did regarding kicker Mike Vanderjagt.

Ron Jaworski (who's wearing the ladies' frames this weekend) called Owens' admitted failure to pay attention to Parcells' speech to the team on Monday "disgusting and inexcusable."

And Mike Ditka put it best.  "There's an old saying in life.  Either you be a leader -- and he's not a leader.  You either be a follower -- and he's not a follower.  That only leaves you one alternative.  Get the hell out of the way and let this team go where it's got to go.  And believe me he's in the way right now."

Amen.  Our guess?  If/when owner Jerry Jones asks Parcells to come back for another year, the Tuna will have one request.

"Get the player the f--k out of here."
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

MDS

I miss him. Things were fun when he was here.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyGirl

QuoteBill the Bully shockingly holds tongue with T.O.     
Mike Freeman    Dec. 11, 2006
CBS SportsLine.com National Columnist

IRVING, Texas -- There was a time when Bill Parcells had testicles. :-D

There was a time when Parcells would have taken a self-obsessed weirdo like Terrell Owens, turned Owens' big head and ego inside-out and kicked him up and down the Jersey turnpike.

No one has ever challenged Parcells so publicly the way Owens did this past week. Parcells is The Tuna, the big man, the intimidator. He is the possessor of a devilish knack for extrapolating nightmares from his players. You do not publicly challenge Parcells. You just don't.

And no one ever dared publicly mock him.

Yet there is Owens, dissing Parcells for all to see, admitting he was thinking about his upcoming L.A. birthday bash, daydreaming while Parcells gave a passionate, rousing speech to the Cowboys team.

Yet there is Owens, in a nationally televised interview with his favorite wide receiver enabler (Michael Irvin), accusing the Cowboys organization and, thus, ostensibly Parcells, of leaking damaging information about him to the media.

Yet there is Owens, accusing Parcells of being a heartless cad for not asking how he was feeling following his pill overdose.

Yet there is Owens, saying he is "faking it" on the field and not concentrating.

Yet there is Owens constantly, and I mean constantly, attempting to belittle Parcells, a Hall of Fame coach.

And Parcells' response?

Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

Just unbelievable. Parcells is biting his tongue. We have never seen this from Parcells before. Ever.

The old Parcells, the nasty, brutal coach who has never met a player he could not taunt, would normally steamroll and corral a team obliterator, a dangerous conflictive personality like Owens.

But now, nothing. Absolutely nothing.

The incredible shrinking dictator, the compromiser, the bullied instead of the bullier.

Anyone who has followed Parcells' career is astounded by how he is letting Owens walk all over him in public. No one has ever done this to Parcells. No one has ever smacked Parcells with an open hand for so many to see and lived to tell about it. Ya'll down in Texas don't fully understand the legend of Parcells if you do not understand just how much of a transformation this is.

And please don't give me the "he has done this before" stuff. It is true that Lawrence Taylor, in practice, would say how he was leaving early because he had a tee time. Parcells has given troubled, talented souls leeway before.

The difference is no player has ever gone to the media and taken such shots at Parcells the way Owens does constantly.

Parcells has become one of the starker examples of a man compromising who he really is in order to win a championship.

By making his statements, Owens took a public swipe at the heart of the Parcells mythology: that Parcells has the attention of the players by the aforementioned private parts, and they listen to his every utterance because they are afraid to do otherwise.

"I'm going to help you win a Super Bowl, Bill, but in the process I am going to do everything possible to chop your legend off at the knees," Owens might say.

"OK Terrell," Parcells might respond.

"I'm going to constantly challenge you and embarrass you because I'm an insecure little man on the inside," Owens might add.

"Sure, dude," Parcells responds. "Can I get you something? Cofee? Tea?"

The oddity is that Parcells is the old Parcells with the rest of his players.

This past week was, in a way, classic Tuna. Sensing that his team was receiving heaping amounts of praise and tongue kisses from the media, Parcells went into old-school Parcells mode. He tried to control the narrative, publicly ripping two defensive players known for their underachieving play.

A defensive lineman gets that sarcastic Parcells upper lip.

Owens belittles Parcells in public and Parcells is deaf, blind and dumb.

It is almost as if Parcells is picking on the guys he knows will not publicly fight back and leaving Owens alone because he knows Owens will.

Friends of Owens say he is a good guy. They say he is misunderstood and I am wrong about him. Owens has never been arrested. He is not a Cincinnati Bengal.

He is, however, a public Parcells pain in the posterior and, shockingly, Parcells is just allowing it to happen, barely saying a peep.

How the baddest of the bad have changed.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Rome

Parcells is in it for the paycheck.  Nothing more, nothing less.

How sad.

PoopyfaceMcGee

TO imploding that team from within is the Eagles' only shot to win on Christmas.

PhillyPhreak54

PhillyPhreak54

QuoteGuys, before you jump all over me, you all realize how we need veteran leadership on defensive line for pass rush. Should we look at alonzo spellman for veteran pass rush?

They are doing a deal on him on espn, he is now doing marital arts/wrestling deal. He knows about getting down in stance, maybe help guys like Chris Canty & Marcus Spears. It seems like he has controled his mental issues. So, I was just wondering maybe he can help our guys like canty and spears, along with giving us a pass rush. He is 35.

Ha!

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Feva

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on December 12, 2006, 01:46:39 PM
Design pics of the new Cowboys stadium

I can only hope they're playing the taterskins the day that big ass scoreboard decides to come falling from the sky.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

MDS

That scoreboard is a dumb idea.

But at least they have a ring of honor, you know, certain franchises don't. Cough, cough.