farg Dallas! Thread

Started by SD_Eagle5, March 16, 2006, 10:13:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on March 29, 2006, 04:04:27 AM
Quincy Carter

Has signed with the Montreal Alouettes.

Quote"I'm proud to join the Montreal Alouettes," Carter said in a statement. "This is a great opportunity for me to do what I love best, which is to play football."

Is the Canadian blow higher quality than the US blow?

reese125

qwert246

I didn't see this posted.  It was just a matter of time before Bang made another TO cartoon.  I thought it was funny anyway.

http://www.bangcartoon.com/?page_id=49

Rome

I was glancing through the Eagles.com store and came across this...

Ouchies at the bottom of the page.

I don't care whose name is on the jersey, $19.99 for a jersey is a damn steal. 

MDS

i still have mine. ill give it to you for free if you blow me.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Yo man... I got these CHEESEburgers, man...

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: Jerome99RIP on April 05, 2006, 10:56:18 PM

I'll sell you mine for half that and even throw shipping and handling in at no extra charge.

Rome

Thanks for the, uhhhhh, offers, guys.

:-\

Anyway, I already have one slightly used, slightly burned T.O. jersey in black if anyone's interested.

It's getting burned in effigy at the home opener next year anyway, so...

Tomahawk

Quote from: SD_Eagle on April 05, 2006, 11:11:54 PM
Quote from: Jerome99RIP on April 05, 2006, 10:56:18 PM

I'll sell you mine for half that and even throw shipping and handling in at no extra charge.

Sold

EJ72

I thought some of you would get a laugh out of this. A guy at one Cowboys board is using it as a signature.

henchmanUK

Quote from: Jerome99RIP on April 05, 2006, 11:15:20 PM

Mine is getting burned in a South Philly parking lot sometime around Christmas.
"The drunkenness, the violence, the nihilism: the Eagles should really be an English football team, not an American one." - Financial Times, London

Geowhizzer

Quote from: henchmanUK on April 06, 2006, 06:13:28 AM

Can you try to actually get it on TO before setting it alight?

henchmanUK

Quote from: Geowhizzer on April 06, 2006, 06:40:36 AM
Quote from: henchmanUK on April 06, 2006, 06:13:28 AM

Can you try to actually get it on TO before setting it alight?

I hope we do to him what we did to Michael Irvin. I really do hope the game is on Christmas Day. If so, I am definitely coming over.
"The drunkenness, the violence, the nihilism: the Eagles should really be an English football team, not an American one." - Financial Times, London

PoopyfaceMcGee

QuoteCowboys | Team wants to see more of Owens at offseason program
Thu, 13 Apr 2006 20:12:40 -0700

Clarence E. Hill Jr., of the Star-Telegram, reports several sources have noted that Dallas Cowboys WR Terrell Owens has not been a regular participant in Cowboys head coach Bill Parcells' offseason program. His initial absences were understood because of a prior commitment, but Owens in the past has preferred to work with his own trainer. His publicist, Kim Etheredge, said, "He is here when he is required to be here just like every other player on the team" and added that Parcells has expressed no concern about Owens' regimen. Parcells' feelings on the subject are clear. The "voluntary" program requires players to work out four times a week and get in 40 workouts during the offseason. "To (Parcells), it's about chemistry," a source said. "He wants you here."

PhillyPhanInDC

PFT.com's take:

POSTED 11:52 a.m. EDT, April 14, 2006

T.O. NOT WORKING OUT WITH NEW TEAM
[/size]

According to the Ft. Worth Star-Telegram, new Cowboys receiver Terrell Owens isn't a regular participant in the Dallas Cowboys' offseason workout program.

Owens' publicist says, "He is here when he is required to be here just like every other player on the team."

That's fine.  But as a result of a series of public statements over the past five years from head coaches suggesting that players are expected to participate, none of which ever were challenged by the NFLPA, it has become generally accepted in league circles that players will participate in "voluntary" workouts.  Because the new CBA doesn't beef up any of the rules regarding voluntary offseason workouts, 2006 is no different than any prior years.

And Cowboys coach Bill Parcells is no different than his 31 colleagues regarding the mandatory nature of voluntary work.  "To [Parcells], it's about chemistry," a source told the Star-Telegram.  "He wants you here."

In our view, the Cowboys have no one to blame but themselves.  They knew they were acquiring a guy who does what he wants, when he wants, how he wants.  Still, they did nothing to protect themselves.

Instead of creating financial incentives for Owens to participate in voluntary sessions (via, for example, a hefty workout bonus in each year of the deal), the Cowboys gave T.O. $5 million to sign and a $5 million salary for 2006, at a time when the 'Boys really weren't competing with anyone else for his services.

Regardless of whether Owens is wearing a Cowboys uniform come September, his failure to participate in the offseason program increases the likelihood, in our view, that the Tuna will perform multiple verbal colonoscopies on Owens once they get together on the field.  Parcells is the boss in Big D, and Parcells will do everything in his power to get Owens to concede that fact.

Really, Parcells has no choice.  The other 52 guys will be watching this one, carefully.  If the Tuna can't tame T.O., he'll risk losing the rest of the team.

That's why we still think there's a better-than-20-percent chance that, come September, one of these two men will be gone.

"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.