farg Dallas! Thread

Started by SD_Eagle5, March 16, 2006, 10:13:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Father Demon

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on March 19, 2006, 02:29:23 AM

Drew Bledsoe is still Drew Bledsoe. He is still an inanimate object in the pocket. If his OL cannot hold up he will get beaten to a pulp. And he will not have time to get the ball deep.

But Phreak, The Statue tore through our secondary last seaon, even with that midiocre-ass OL. 

If the Eagles want to beat the Cowboys and TO next season, they need a bigger, badder DL (if Howard kicks it, I have no qualms), plus a damn good secondary.  Our boys are good, but I can't see them being "Beat-TO" good.
The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

PhillyPhreak54

Yes, and last year the defense was a shell of itself because it had zero pass rush. The secondary had to cover longer and when you expose your DBs to 5-6 seconds of having to cover a guy then they will give up yards and points.

When they did get to Bledsoe a little bit (in Philly) how many points did they score?

What did TO do against Philly when he was in SF? Off the top of my head I recall him smoking Al Harris in 2001 when they played in SF. That was the game when SF shut down the Birds 7 times from the 1. That was his only big catch as it was a 13-3 loss, I think.

In 2002 when Neckbeard went a floppin' TO beat He Flag Me once again for a TD. The Eagles killed them.

In 2003 at The Linc TO was held catchless until he caught a ball and Mike Lewis broke his collarbone. The Eagles lost that game.

JJ, when his front four is helping him out, can effectively limit an offenses weapons. Bledose has no mobility to shake and jive his way out of trouble. That is why a stud DT (Bunkley) is needed and Patterson must continue to develop and Walker must rebound. Bledsoe cannot have that open pocket to step up in. In order for that statue to make his throws he needs room to work in front of him. Last year the Eagles could not collapse tthe pocket.

The BIGSTUD

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on March 19, 2006, 02:52:57 AM
Yes, and last year the defense was a shell of itself because it had zero pass rush. The secondary had to cover longer and when you expose your DBs to 5-6 seconds of having to cover a guy then they will give up yards and points.

When they did get to Bledsoe a little bit (in Philly) how many points did they score?

What did TO do against Philly when he was in SF? Off the top of my head I recall him smoking Al Harris in 2001 when they played in SF. That was the game when SF shut down the Birds 7 times from the 1. That was his only big catch as it was a 13-3 loss, I think.

In 2002 when Neckbeard went a floppin' TO beat He Flag Me once again for a TD. The Eagles killed them.

In 2003 at The Linc TO was held catchless until he caught a ball and Mike Lewis broke his collarbone. The Eagles lost that game.

JJ, when his front four is helping him out, can effectively limit an offenses weapons. Bledose has no mobility to shake and jive his way out of trouble. That is why a stud DT (Bunkley) is needed and Patterson must continue to develop and Walker must rebound. Bledsoe cannot have that open pocket to step up in. In order for that statue to make his throws he needs room to work in front of him. Last year the Eagles could not collapse tthe pocket.

I think in that 2002 game, TO beat Al Harris twice on the same play. Fade route to the corner of the end zone. Think he had 2 TDs, not sure. Not like it matters.

Either way, I agree. TO will not burn the Eagles and I don't think he'll have a great year. Even if I did think so I wouldn't admit it, because I hate the Cowboys, but I really don't think he will. Something about the situation just smells bad. I have a feeling Bill is pissed about the signing and the players don't like it either. That PFT article only backed up my feelings.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

mooby

here's to owens having one good season with the cowboys, then in the offseason after bledsoe costs the cowboys many games, owens comes out about how bledsoe is "old and immobile", ripping apart team chemistry, and the cowboys suck even worse because t.o. ruined their locker room, and after the season t.o. gets released and moves onto the giants to destroy them as well.  :yay

Don Ho

Quote from: Philly Forever on March 18, 2006, 04:49:26 PM
Not really, but I think we know Jones talked Bill into it. Bill would not want to go anywhere near TO after the Bryant fiasco and Keyshawn.

I can't wait until Brick Bledsoe can't get him the ball and the sideline blow-ups start.

I am counting the days!  I am so pissed off right now with this prick.  He makes me farging sick.  Any Cowboy fan that is happy about this is a phony piece of shtein who deserves a hot poker shoved up their ass.  God I hope that Dawk just levels this cork sucker out.  This giz stain infuriates me to no end.  I want blood!
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: mooby on March 19, 2006, 04:39:46 AM
here's to owens having one good season with the cowboys, then in the offseason after bledsoe costs the cowboys many games, owens comes out about how bledsoe is "old and immobile", ripping apart team chemistry, and the cowboys suck even worse because t.o. ruined their locker room, and after the season t.o. gets released and moves onto the giants to destroy them as well.  :yay

TO's like a computer virus.

The madness has already begun:

Link

QuoteOWENS ARRIVAL CAUSING A COWBOY COMMOTION

What was Jerry Jones thinking?

This question, of course, presumes that he even was thinking.  Not about the kavorka of a receiver with unmatched physical skills and a penchant for ringing up touchdowns, but about the manner in which the receiver will mesh with the rest of the team's employees.

The early reaction to the signing of Terrell Owens among the group that counts the most -- his new teammates -- is strongly negative.  Strongly.

Part of the problem is that Owens is a well-documented locker room miscreant, a guy who can't be trusted to follow the rules that apply to the domain in which 53 oversized men sweat, shower, shampoo, sh-t, and shave.  He publicly called out one of his quarterbacks, and he publicly called the other one gay.

Football players aren't necessarily rocket surgeons, but they generally have good instincts.  And if a guy smells like a turd and looks like a turd and acts like a turd . . . well, you get the picture. 

Complication matters is the perception among Dallas players that Keyshawn Johnson, who despite his own flaws was well-liked in the Dallas locker room, was jettisoned by Jerry Jones in an effort to land T.O.

But perhaps the biggest factor fueling discontent among the Dallas players was the absence of coach Bill Parcells from the press conference that introduced Owens as the newest member of the team.  Regardless of the actual reason for the Tuna's non-attendance, some of the players (and "some" might be an understatement) interpret his absence as a message that he disagrees with the move.

In our view, Parcells needs to make a statement -- quickly -- embracing Owens.  If he doesn't, more and more of the players (we predict) will conclude that this is the latest example of the subtle power struggle in which Jones and Parcells have engaged for the past three years.

The difference is that this one could blow up the relationship permanently, especially if the players refuse to even give Owens a chance until the coach gives him a thumb's up -- and if the coach refuses to take his fist out of his jacket.   

troyhstewart

Quote from: Philly Forever on March 19, 2006, 03:59:50 AM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on March 19, 2006, 02:52:57 AM

I think in that 2002 game, TO beat Al Harris twice on the same play. Fade route to the corner of the end zone. Think he had 2 TDs, not sure. Not like it matters.

Either way, I agree. TO will not burn the Eagles and I don't think he'll have a great year. Even if I did think so I wouldn't admit it, because I hate the Cowboys, but I really don't think he will. Something about the situation just smells bad. I have a feeling Bill is pissed about the signing and the players don't like it either. That PFT article only backed up my feelings.

Lewis didn't break his collarbone, Dawkins did it.

Geowhizzer

I heard ESPN talking about Parcells not being there for the PC.  Apparently, he has been MIA for others in the past (Bledsoe and Glenn were specifically mentioned), so I don't think it's as big a deal as some media is portraying it to be.

Phillyiggles_fan

I think people are forgetting that when Bledsoe had Ben Coates a big possession receiver (TE in Ben's case), who he could just dump the ball off to when he got in trouble, the Patriots were quite good and even went to a Superbowl.

I think Bledsoe finally has a guy he can throw the ball to when he's in trouble (which admittedly is just about every other down), so anybody playing the cowpokes better shut down TO at the line of scrimmage, which we all know is tough to do.

Would be nice to have Andre Watters in his prime to take a couple helmet to knee shots at TO.
Beware of Dragons, for you are crunchy and go well with ketchup...

PhillyPhreak54

Agreed. I would LOVE to have Dirty Waters back for one game just to decapitate that sonofabitch or to Napoleon McCallum his fargin knee.

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: Geowhizzer on March 19, 2006, 08:47:56 AM
I heard ESPN talking about Parcells not being there for the PC.  Apparently, he has been MIA for others in the past (Bledsoe and Glenn were specifically mentioned), so I don't think it's as big a deal as some media is portraying it to be.

Normally I'd agree, especially since he was absent for Glenn's PC after he referred to him as 'she', but he could have sent a clear message to the rest of his team by being there. Parcell's is infamous for choosing his own players,
Quote"They want you to cook the dinner, at least they ought to let you shop for some of the groceries"

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Geowhizzer on March 19, 2006, 08:47:56 AM
I heard ESPN talking about Parcells not being there for the PC. Apparently, he has been MIA for others in the past (Bledsoe and Glenn were specifically mentioned), so I don't think it's as big a deal as some media is portraying it to be.

Yeah I'm not reading too much into that either.  I'd love to say that Parcells' absence is significant but I really don't think it is. 

ice grillin you

over under on how many td's TO gets at the linc this year 2.5
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 19, 2006, 11:08:16 AM
over under on how many td's TO gets at the linc this year 2.5

I'll take the under.

PhillyPhreak54