Gearhead Thread

Started by Diomedes, January 25, 2007, 04:01:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Diomedes on October 12, 2010, 01:56:36 PM
A normal stick shift is fine.  A rocketship awd turbo charged hoonmobile stick shift, not so much.

Quote from: SD on October 12, 2010, 03:59:38 PM
Too late I already have access to Havas's fortune

Quote from: rjs246 on October 12, 2010, 04:02:43 PM
Quick, what's his mom's maiden name? I need to buy myself some buttered joints.

You guys are much funnier in this thread than usual.

Sgt PSN

Havas needs to clean his floor mats....they're so dirty they turned black.  And of the 4 pro teams in Philly, he's rocking a license plate frame of the worst farging one.  Decent looking ride although I've never personally been a big fan of Range Rovers.  Very over priced vehicles.  But hey, you're rich so who gives a farg? 

Also, I see lots of trees in the background.  Looks kind of MA-ish. 

Diomedes

The Land Rover people have a poster you park in front of when you buy one of those.  It's the closest most of those things ever get to nature.  They do say "I spent too much" though, which is the whole point, isn't it.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

phillymic2000

Is that Munson's house in the back ground of that last pic?

ice grillin you

Quote from: smeags on October 12, 2010, 03:53:24 PM
cause it would take all of 10 seconds for someone to run it and pull all of your personal info.

couldnt anyone do that anytime im driving the car

Quote from: Sgt PSN on October 12, 2010, 04:23:44 PM

im currently in the mountains of upstate ny....super MA indeed

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 12, 2010, 06:24:46 PM
Quote from: smeags on October 12, 2010, 03:53:24 PM
cause it would take all of 10 seconds for someone to run it and pull all of your personal info.

couldnt anyone do that anytime im driving the car

Of course.  But the people driving up and down 95 don't know you like we do, thus, they have no reason to farg with you.  BTW...Munson is probably parked across the street from your house as we speak.

Quote from: Sgt PSN on October 12, 2010, 04:23:44 PM

im currently in the mountains of upstate ny....super MA indeed

Munson's leaving now.  He'll be back in a week.

PoopyfaceMcGee

PhillyPhreak54

I'm diggin the new ride.

Maybe you can have it for three weeks without someone putting it on blocks.

Which I found out today that two dealerships have been hit around here and about 40 FX4's had their rims jacked.

Insurance cost for 4 new ones? $5K.

Tomahawk

Quote from: smeags on October 12, 2010, 01:04:53 PM
Quote from: Tomahawk on August 26, 2010, 05:03:02 PM
Unless you want to rebuild the engine with high performance parts, I wouldn't get anything past a '70. EPA started trying to make cars suck in '71 and full on succeeeded by 74 or 75

i thought 72 was the first year auto makers had to start choking the horsepower ?

seems this idea may be out the window anyway as Jr. wants to find SE-R spev V motor to do a swap on the '06 sentra.

I'm not sure for all makes and models, but I know Buick started to choke down the 455 engine a little in 71, mostly through lowering the compression ratio by changing the depth of the dish in the piston.

Have fun busting your knuckles in the no-room-having engine bay of a tuner

smeags

Quote from: Tomahawk on October 12, 2010, 07:47:46 PM
Quote from: smeags on October 12, 2010, 01:04:53 PM
Quote from: Tomahawk on August 26, 2010, 05:03:02 PM
Unless you want to rebuild the engine with high performance parts, I wouldn't get anything past a '70. EPA started trying to make cars suck in '71 and full on succeeeded by 74 or 75

i thought 72 was the first year auto makers had to start choking the horsepower ?

seems this idea may be out the window anyway as Jr. wants to find SE-R spev V motor to do a swap on the '06 sentra.

I'm not sure for all makes and models, but I know Buick started to choke down the 455 engine a little in 71, mostly through lowering the compression ratio by changing the depth of the dish in the piston.

Have fun busting your knuckles in the no-room-having engine bay of a tuner

yeah it was farging shame what happened to muscle cars back then. i had a 78 z28 that came stock with a 165hp 305. yipeee 165 horses. wised up and dropped a rebuilt 70 350 from an impala that was pushing 275+hp when i was done with it.  not elite but it did win a few ruuns down front st in it's day.

what i'd really like to grab is a cuda to work on.  a 70 would be nice or even better a 69 or even a 67 fast back with a 340 would be heaven but mopar is hard to come by from what i hear which means bigger bucks.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Tomahawk

I think everything outside of Chevy and Ford means more money for parts. If I wanted roller rockers, I'd either have shell out $800 or  buy Edelbrock heads (booooooooooo) to use Chevy style rockers which probably cost about $200. Mopar seems to have a good following though so selection and availability of performance parts might not be as bad.

My engine just started overheating like a mofo. Even after replacing the thermostat, it still would. Since the top bracket holding down the radiator was cooler to the touch than it's ever been, I'm guessing it's the radiator. Or at least I hope so...hate to make a $300 mistake. Even if it isn't the silver lining is everything under the hood other than the heads and intake (both to be upgraded to aluminum after tax return), p/s pump, and air con will be less than 3 years old. The zesty thing is I was going to take her to the drag strip for the first time (for both me and the car) Saturday

smeags

have you had it on a dyno to see what its putting out ?

Tomahawk

No, based on the upgrades, I'm guessing I went from ~250 stock (less than with 37 years of wear) to about 400 at the flywheel. After I get the heads and intake, I might spring for the dyno

smeags

Tomahawk

Those are effing sweet man. Just don't go buying one thinking of it as an investment...people are losing interest in old cars with the quickness