Game of Thrones

Started by Diomedes, February 24, 2013, 07:52:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eagles_Legendz

Quote from: Susquehanna Birder on April 14, 2014, 08:24:16 PM
Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on April 13, 2014, 11:33:44 PM
Adios Joff.

My only regret was that his demise wasn't at the point of Tyrion's blade.

I think the way they handled it was cool.  GoT doesn't do subtle very often and I think the way that it was filmed leads to an interesting murder mystery for those who don't want to spoil themselves. 

One note that I'm curious if they'll address in the show -- this isn't a spoiler for events to come but I'll tag it just in case [spoiler]it was a pretty big deal in the books who sent the murderer/dagger to kill Bran in season 1 and the revelation that it was Joffrey.  I wonder if that will ever get brought up again or if the show will just let people continue to think it was jaime/cersei[/spoiler]

Eagaholic

So, who done it? - Means, motive , opportunity. Will be tough to com up with motive however.[/sarc] Any ideas without spoilers? Tyrion seems unlikely, at least as far as he probably had no idea what was coming in terms of Joff humiliating him and being pressed into cup bearer service, which happened while everyone watched.

Eagaholic

Quote from: Munson on April 14, 2014, 11:56:34 AM
Quote from: smeags on April 14, 2014, 09:40:29 AM
i dont know if i cheered more for jimmys walk off hr or seeing joff croak at the wedding.

As soon as he fell to the ground and started choking, I screamed "Die!!"....I felt very ironically like Joffery cheering that way haha.

Underrated part of this episode was Bran's....all those visions he had from the Heart Tree were cool....Seems like he has a pretty damn good ability with the warging and greensight, didn't think he'd be able to warg the eyes of the trees like that.
Yeah, once he was able to get into Hodor's head he showed the sky's the limit with what he could do,  maybe beyond what any other people can.

Munson

Quote from: Eagaholic on April 14, 2014, 09:03:21 PM
So, who done it? - Means, motive , opportunity. Will be tough to com up with motive however.[/sarc] Any ideas without spoilers? Tyrion seems unlikely, at least as far as he probably had no idea what was coming in terms of Joff humiliating him and being pressed into cup bearer service, which happened while everyone watched.

My unspoiled theories:

Tyrion-While he is one of two people that had direct access to the cup on screen, I don't think it was him. You didn't see anything on screen that would indicate he poisoned it.

Sansa-See above. She touched the cup but everything we saw on screen indicated she didn't tamper with the cup.

The Tyrells-They would seem to be the biggest suspects...but at the same time, I don't think they would have done it so early. I have a feeling that the wedding doesn't officially count since the marriage wasn't consummated(and Margery says in the preview for next week I would have been the queen)...so that's the only reason why I don't think it was them. They're still extremely high on the list of suspects though.

Other-In the preview for next week, Tyrion says "whoever killed the King also wanted my head"...so whoever it was would benefit from Tyrion being out of hte picture....which leads me to Littlefinger. He wanted Sansa for access to the North. He's my primary suspect. I also think Dontos very obviously had something to do with it, since as soon as it happened, he was there in Sansa's ear telling her she had to GTFO. So who was he working for? Because he's definitely not the mastermind. My money is on Littlefinger.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Eagles_Legendz

Something that's worth noting: Queen =/= Queen Regent.  Westeros favors a male hierarchy.  Remember, when Robert died, Cersei didn't become Queen.  The throne passed to Joffrey, and Cersei transitioned to "Queen Regent."  So, with Joffrey's death, in no situation is Margaery the Queen, because the throne passes to Tommen, as it went to Joffrey before him.  Marg may well have gained the Queen Regent title though, regardless of consummation (though I'm sure that's of little solace to her since she wanted to be "the queen"). 

Also, not a spoiler, but just interesting ways in which the paths diverge sometimes in the books and show: Brienne and Jaime arrive in KL after Joff is whacked, not before.  So the rest of the scenes with them this season were invented for the show (Jaime never interacted with Joffrey).  His thoughts on Joffrey's death were funny in the book (not a spoiler but just to be safe): [spoiler]upon wondering why he doesn't feel much about his death: "Because Joff was no more to me than a squirt of seed in Cersei's funhole, and because he deserved to die."[/spoiler]

smeags

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Seabiscuit36

So happy that Punk is dead.  If i look at it from what we saw in the episode and having not read any books or spoilers, my suspects are Lady Tryell(wants land and coin and not to see Margerie subjected to Joffrey), Cersei(wants to keep power). 

Cersei could certainly be cunning enough to kill off her son who's disobeying her, and it opens up a way out from marrying the rainbow flag knight. 

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Munson

No way Cersei did it, she might be the only one in the country who cares that he died. If any of the Lannisters did it, my money would be on Tywin. He's the defacto-king anyway, basically running the country...Joffery was becoming a terrible king and he could see it...so he kills Joffery, has the more easily controlled Tommen ascend to the throne, and also denies the Tyrell's of any real power.
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

SD

GOT has entered Wire territory

It has been said

SD

My theory is the pie was poisoned not the wine. They zoom in on the pie then he starts choking and drinks the wine.

Munson

Yeah I'm not sure if it was the pie or the wine yet...show seemed to try to make it intentionally hard to figure out where exactly the poison was.

Eagles_Legendz

BTW -- this is only if you're big into GoT/want theories etc, but these are the best reviewers for my money.  They're completely unspoiled & they do episode breakdowns and theories going forward.  The videos are long and not for everyone, but if you get bored at some point and want to listen about GoT from an entirely unspoiled perspective, I recommend it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvGgLU68HIM

Seabiscuit36

Its the bird flu from bird poo

Seriously though, 2 hours of video to talk about a 1 hour episode.  Holy nerd.
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Eagles_Legendz

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on April 15, 2014, 01:20:09 PM
Its the bird flu from bird poo

Seriously though, 2 hours of video to talk about a 1 hour episode.  Holy nerd.

Most of them are less than an hour, but yeah, like I said, not for everyone.

Susquehanna Birder

There was an intentional cut away shot showing dead doves inside the pie, suggesting that the poison was in there.

I'm thinking it's the visitng prince who told Tyrion that he was owed a life. But I could also see Margaery Tyrell (or her mother) being in on it.