Game of Thrones

Started by Diomedes, February 24, 2013, 07:52:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hbionic

I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Eagaholic

Watching that trailer reminds me how I've always thought the show doesn't have enough diversity. Pretty much all the boobs are that same b-c cup.

Munson

hahah...I'm pretty sure Ros was rocking a D cup, but she dead now
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Yeti

"It's only a matter of time before we get to the future."

Hbionic

Eagles_Legendz

http://www.metacritic.com/tv/game-of-thrones/season-4

Highest reviewed season so far.  Greenwald's review on grantland was pretty good.

Eagaholic

Quote from: Yeti on April 03, 2014, 09:44:02 PM
Oh, spoiler alert. 
get up to speed, man. you ...got 1 day

Eagaholic

Quote from: Yeti on April 03, 2014, 09:44:02 PM
Oh, spoiler alert. 
get up to speed, man. you got 3 days

spoiler here though - thumbs up or down on the r+l=j mentioned at the end of the video, for those who have gotten that much into it.

:yay

Diomedes

up

makes sense to me.  only Howland Reed knows for sure, right?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Eagaholic

Yes, only Howland as far as I can tell, but who knows before then? Not sure how much you've read but I saw a contradictory story in early DWD. I'll still go thumbs up though.

Munson

I haven't read ahead, but I really hope Howland Reed comes into the story in Book 6, if he hasn't appeared yet. He seems like he's going to be vitally important to the overall story...especially if there's to be any redemption for House Stark.
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Diomedes

I've read them all, but I wouldn't claim to know them very well.

It seems possible to me that Bran could somehow know it,  or learn of it, as well.  I mean, he could mind meld with Howland by now, right?

Also, Assuming Jon is dead, what's it matter anyway?  He leaves no progeny.  And if he's not dead, then farg this guy for constantly pulling that trick.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Munson

Been watching some of the marathon...the scenes with Tywin and Arya in Season 2 are still really damn good.

Eagles_Legendz

Yep Charles Dance is awesome.  Tywin is a great character -- one that is improved on screen IMO because of the strong portrayal. 

Season 2 reminds me how tedious Dany's story was then and how entitled she was, screaming all season about her dragons.

Munson

haha yeah, I wasn't a big fan of her story in season 2.....WHERE ARE MY DRAGONS

Eagles_Legendz

Quote from: Diomedes on April 04, 2014, 05:58:09 PM
I've read them all, but I wouldn't claim to know them very well.

It seems possible to me that Bran could somehow know it,  or learn of it, as well.  I mean, he could mind meld with Howland by now, right?

Also, Assuming Jon is dead, what's it matter anyway?  He leaves no progeny.  And if he's not dead, then farg this guy for constantly pulling that trick.

[spoiler]no chance he's dead -- Mel was right there when he 'died.'  It's my biggest complaint about GRRM and why I hope Stoneheart doesn't make an appearance in the show (though I think she's going to).  He became too reliant on cliffhangers (but not good ones) in the last two books.  Things like the ending of Brienne's chapters in AFFC, Jon's in ADWD etc are cheap narrative devices.  I have faith in the show to handle things better than that.[/spoiler]