Game of Thrones

Started by Diomedes, February 24, 2013, 07:52:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smeags

Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on May 31, 2015, 10:12:32 PM
I am in utter disbelief watching that.  Favorite episode of the series.

Agreed.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Beermonkey

I sat on the edge of my couch looking like an 8-year old watching his first Godzilla movie. I was actually very pleased even before the whole zombie/giant/Jon Snow beat down, especially with the whole Tyrion/Daenerys dialogue, but the last 15 made me jizz hard.

Munson

Seriously. Up until those final minutes it had already been a great episode, mostly because of the Tyrion/Dany stuff.

You're sitting there watching those two interact thinking "holy shtein, this is a huge moment" and reveling in the weight and the politics of it all....and then the last 20 minutes just reminds you that none of it means jack shtein.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

QB Eagles

Even putting the fight aside, it was the best writing of the season (we are back into D+D scripts now, whew). Best episode of the season by far.

Misc. thoughts:
-Tyrion vouched for Varys. Hopefully that gets him back into the season.
-Jorah's back to the fighting pits. Kind of weird because I don't remember Dany saying "You're exiled from the city, except for the fighting pits. You can come back that way."
-Presumably Valyrian steel contains dragonglass or otherwise can affect White Walkers.
-The Night's King is an official character now.
-Ramsay vs. Stannis next week. I don't like where this is going.
-Between Reek and Tyrion's conversations, I will be yelling "WHY DON'T YOU JUST EXPLAIN YOUR SITUATION!" to the characters much less frequently.
-I like the return of Kevan Lannister. They kinda soft-pedaled him becoming the Hand. King's Landing needs *someone* with their shtein together.

Foreshadowing:
-Arya's hanging out at the docks. She's basically waiting for Meryn Trant's boat to show up.
-Just like with Shireen, they are showing too much Olly. At this point, I'd be surprised if Shireen didn't die and Olly didn't backstab Jon.
-Also I think they have hyped FrankenMountain in about half the episodes this season.
-I still think Brienne is gonna kill the farg out of Stannis. She's basically been Chekov's gunning this whole season.

QB Eagles

Quote from: Beermonkey on May 31, 2015, 10:14:25 PM
I sat on the edge of my couch looking like an 8-year old watching his first Godzilla movie.

The whole fight I was scared we were going to get a giant wight, so I was happy to see the giant escape. The show is saving zombie giants for a later battle, I would guess. I also liked how the Thenn wasn't a prick at the end, the show has been too hard on Thenns. It did look like some Children of the Forest got zombified though.

Another thing I was worried about was the White Walkers freezing the water. Seawater freezes at like 28F, there's plenty of sea ice in the world. Seemed like it would have been within typical Walker capabilities.

All I'm saying is I think I would have been rowing away a bit more quickly at the end there.

Munson

Millesandra is still too convinced of Stannis' importance in the fight against the White Walkers for me to buy him dying at the hand of Brienne any time soon.

However, her sword is also made of Valyrian Steel, and now we see that it too can kill White Walkers. That half of Ice may have an important role to play...
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Beermonkey

QB Eagles

The Night's King was just doing some eye-to-eye bonding with Jon there. [spoiler]They've both had the same job (Lord Commander), and there's a good chance they are both Starks, too.[/spoiler] They should hang out.

Spoiler is from one of the early books, talking about the identity of the Night's King.

Munson

smeags

Getting ready to watch the episode again. Sooner or later the dragons are gonna be burning up some walkers

smeags

I'm not going to stop the wheel, I'm going to break the wheel.

SunMo

i guess i should get on watching this one, based on the reaction.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

hbionic

It was a good episode, but I'm still waiting for that 'Red wedding, oh farg' episode. You know it's coming.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Munson

I don't know if we're gonna get any surprise deaths this season. I think the last 20 minutes of last week counts as an "Oh farg" moment, at least for me haha

Eagles_Legendz

Without commenting on what to expect or not to expect the next two weeks, this definitely qualified as a major holy farg moment to me which rivaled the best of the series.  Maybe it's because I knew exactly how Blackwater would play out (and it was amazing), but the adrenaline rush when this one ended I think was the highest it's gotten me.