Game of Thrones

Started by Diomedes, February 24, 2013, 07:52:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smeags

i like where the show is going. def off the books. still wondering if jon takes the stark name and ends up with danys in the end. just my theory.

between now and where the show/books end up i just hope to see ramsey killed slowly and painfully. i really cant stand that mofo.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

SD

Quote from: Eagaholic on April 27, 2015, 06:26:20 AM

Did Natalie Dormer (Margaery) make a no-more-nude-scenes decision like Emelia Clarke?

I'll never understand this line of thinking, if you got naked once you might as well get naked again. Cats out of the bag. It's like a girl who bangs you but the next time you hang out she doesn't bang you because she doesn't want you to think she's a whore. It's like yo babe we already nailed you not banging me now is not going to change my opinion of you.

SunMo

Quote from: SD on April 27, 2015, 09:07:14 AMIt's like yo babe we already nailed you not banging me now is not going to change my opinion of you.

is that Shakespeare?
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Eagles_Legendz

Munson

My reaction if anyone I like dies tonight:
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Munson

perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

QB Eagles

Quote from: Munson on May 03, 2015, 09:58:59 PM
........Goddammit.

shtein... the last likable character in Meereen.

Also Shireen is clearly being set up to shed some king's blood.

Munson

Seriously...another ending where i'm yelling what the farg at the tv.

Barristan was my ace in the hole in helping bring Dany together with future Warden of the North Bran Stark, as he could have told Dany that the Starks weren't all that bad and she can stop being all pissy about them. Plus, I just liked him.

He and Grey Worm did kick a lot of ass in that fight. I'm hoping they both survived, but it's looking like from the previews for next week that Barristan is definitely dead. Hopefully Grey Worm makes it...

Munson

Thoughts on everything else.

The Wall-A lot of wtf going on up here. Seemed like Lady M was trying to get a shadow baby out of Jon. Jon seems to be leaning towards going with Stannis to at least help with the attack. Weirded out by Lady M's "you know nothing Jon Snow". Stannis is a good dad, though it seems like Lady M and the Queen are plotting to take some King's blood from Shireen. shtein better not go down.

Sansa/Winterfell-Interesting conversation between her and Littlefinger. Liked getting the story about the Tourny at Harrenhall. Littlefinger said he "bets on Stannis"...wonder if that means he's been in contact with him. at least to let him know Sansa was in Winterfell. If so, dude's double crossing like 4 different families at the moment.

Jaime/Bronn-Was cringing throughout the whole fight because I thought they might kill Bronn. But, turns out he's just as badass as ever. Lol at "That one should be slow enough for you. Also major lol at Jaime catching the sword, the look on his face, and then trying to get it unstuck afterwards. "You had a great teacher", another lol. Not sure why Jaime is getting all pissy at Tyrion for killing Tywin...I assume that's Cersei talking.

Kings Landing-So Tommen doesn't quite know how to use his position as King to get what he wants. Margery not too happy, calling in the cavalry aka Lady Olenna. Lol at "will you be back later". Not sure if Cersei realizes the Faith Militant could end up killing her son if he challenges them. Dumb move on her part. Also, poor Mace....no one likes his jokes, now he's off to deal with the Iron Bank. Not sure why Ser Meryn is going with him, or why it seems so ominous for Mace. Unless Cersei is trying to use that as an angle to get back at Margery too.

Dorne-Obara definitely seems like a badass. But just like our last taste of Dorne, this one felt like it was just kind of thrown in there to remind us that Dorne was around. Which sucks, because I was looking forward to getting a lot of Dorne this season. Maybe it'll pick up later in the season.

Jorah/Tyrion-You know, this is like the 835350 time that somebody would have benefited from telling Jorah "hey, you know Varys is actually an ardent Targaryen supporter, right?", but people keep deciding not to bring this up. Still kind of laughed at Jorah just getting up and backhanding Tyrion. Interested to see how this goes...

QB Eagles

I'll give my thoughts also. I'm a book reader only up through ASOS so nothing here is a spoiler, just a guess.

The Wall: Yeah Plan A is to leech or kill Jon, Plan B (which they'll surely do) is to kill Shireen. At the very least the ladies will try, and this will turn Stannis against one or both of them.

Jaime/Bronn: Love the banter but I didn't care about that fight at all except for Jaime's use of the hand. At no time did I feel that nameless Dornish people would kill either character. I think the animosity between Jaime and Tyrion is a bit of a retcon to align their feelings toward one another with the way the third book ended.

Kings Landing: The whole Faith Militant plotline seems cheesy to me. Love the High Sparrow, but Lancel and bros killing gay people and Charlie Manson-ing up their foreheads sounds like a plotline imported from a lesser show. Not really sure if the Franken-Mountain subplot is what is required to de-cheesify the capital, either. And much like the Frankenstein monster turning on his creator, at some point the Faith Militant will surely get powerful enough to start going after brother-fargers and people who drink wine before breakfast.

Dorne: Speaking of cheesy, everything about the Sand Snakes and their mother is horrible. Especially the acting. Even the special effects looked weak in that scene. Dreading how much Season 5 screentime will be eaten up by this crew. The show is starting to miss all the great dead characters. I think I mourn for Oberyn more than Ellaria does when I see scenes like this. Honestly the show has failed to make me care if they send Myrcella back to Kings Landing in 10 boxes, or if war breaks out between Dorne and Kings Landing.

Winterfell: One of the better scenes, even if it was all exposition. There was a nod toward Lyanna not really being kidnapped. Even though he is her protector for the time being, I still feel like Sansa would put a dagger in Littlefinger's back if she is ever in a more secure position.

Quick hits:
- I love how pathetic they've made Jorah. His life is pretty pathetic.
- Lame as farg that Sunspear is called "Dorne" in the intro graphics. They have no problem naming places like Pentos, Riverrun, and Moat Callin on there when 95% of the audience doesn't really know what those places are, but they can't give the proper name to a city that's been mentioned a shtein-ton already?
- I hope Varys isn't MIA for the rest of the season now, he's my favorite character.
- Meryn Trant is going to a city where someone repeatedly reminds herself to kill Meryn Trant.

Munson

The young hot Sand Snake with the short hair is American and sounds American, it really threw me off. The oldest one seems awesome and I'm looking forward to seeing her with the spear. But yeah, Ellaria's acting is a bit off without Oberyn around.

I don't think Lady M was gonna leach Jon, I think she was trying to bang him to get a shadow baby like she got from Stannis in Season 2.

I don't mind of the Faith Militant plotline, but I just don't know where it's going to go.

Good call on Meryn Trant being in the same city as Arya...didn't think about that.

Share your thoughts on Varys....It looks like Jorah and Tyrion are getting to or close to Mereen next week, so I gotta think Varys finds a way there too sometime in the next 2 or 3 episodes. I hope.

Eagles_Legendz

I like the Faith Militant though that scene was a tad over the top.  I liked all of KL that episode.

The only scene I didn't like and I agree 100% with was the poor Sand Snake introduction.  Bad acting, cheesy smile at the end.  They aren't the most well developed characters in the books as is (whereas Ellaria was very nuanced arguing for peace even after Oberyn's death) but I wasn't impressed with their introduction.  Dorne as a whole is interesting though, as is Doran, so I'm hoping it was just an awkwardly staged scene with a weird exposition. 

The Stannis/Shireen scene was excellent.  Meereen fight was too.   Enjoyed time spent with Jaime / Bronn though I agree you never feel like four randos are going to kill them.  I do think it makes sense that Jaime is pissed off at Tyrion (though part of it I'm sure is redirecting the fact that Tyrion is partly responsible for Cersei being so pissed off).

QB Eagles

Quote from: Munson on May 03, 2015, 11:09:00 PMI don't think Lady M was gonna leach Jon, I think she was trying to bang him to get a shadow baby like she got from Stannis in Season 2.

Yeah that could be. I'm not really sure what the requirements are to create a shadow baby (i.e. if you need to be a king or king's blood, or if  anyone who throws Melissandre over a table can get a vagina monster of their own).

Eagles_Legendz

Also they are far far afield of some book plots now which of course leads to blowback from readers. 

[spoiler]there is no fight in the streets where barristan and grey worm are attacked[/spoiler]

QB Eagles

Barristan dead, Grey Worm... I dunno, at least incapacitated. All she's got left are some unruly dragons, that slaver guy, and Daario, and at least one of the latter two will betray her for sure.

Well-experienced Khaleesi-defender on the way, and he's bringing someone with brains to help unfarg that place. Everything's coming up Jorah!