Rest of Baseball - For ALL TIME!

Started by Geowhizzer, March 30, 2018, 05:43:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Geowhizzer

Just trying to keep it all in one place for you, Dio!

Maybe a change of title will placate the masses.

ice grillin you

speaking of years the Mets pitching coach was born in 1937

I'm not kidding
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

QB Eagles

He came into the world a couple weeks before Daffy Duck.

ice grillin you

so this zac gallen kid is as good as they say?

Munson

I just traded him away last week in fantasy so I hope not.

https://twitter.com/Buster_ESPN/status/1142823499976925184

Imagine Trout's counting numbers in today's Yankees lineup.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Don Ho

Quote from: Munson on June 23, 2019, 12:09:04 PM
Imagine Trout's counting numbers in today's Yankees Phillies lineup.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyPhreak54

Diomedes

If you remove everything after the question mark, your twitter post will display

If you don't, no one here is going to click on it just because you posted it.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhreak54

Geowhizzer

ice grillin you

i think it should be renamed bruce sutter day...this is unreal

The Atlanta Braves who tried to make a big splash by signing Bruce Sutter before the 1985 season. He was a bust of course, but this is how he was paid. From a 1985 Los Angeles Times report:

Bruce Sutter is to receive payments totaling $44 million over the next 36 years from his new club, the Atlanta Braves . . . Sutter will receive a $750,000 salary for each of the next six years and a minimum of $1.12 million a year for the remaining 30 years of the contract. In addition, he will get the $9.1 million in so-called "principal" at the end.

SD

QuoteAngels pitcher Tyler Skaggs dies at age 27; Monday's game against Rangers canceled

Don Ho

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 01, 2019, 09:59:10 AM
i think it should be renamed bruce sutter day...this is unreal

The Atlanta Braves who tried to make a big splash by signing Bruce Sutter before the 1985 season. He was a bust of course, but this is how he was paid. From a 1985 Los Angeles Times report:

Bruce Sutter is to receive payments totaling $44 million over the next 36 years from his new club, the Atlanta Braves . . . Sutter will receive a $750,000 salary for each of the next six years and a minimum of $1.12 million a year for the remaining 30 years of the contract. In addition, he will get the $9.1 million in so-called "principal" at the end.

OH MY F'ING GOD!  That is amazing.  He was an animal but he was on the downhill slide after '85.

QuoteWhen Sutter arrived in Atlanta, only two Braves pitchers had ever earned 25 or more saves in a season; the Braves in 1984 had recorded 49 saves as a team, just four more than Sutter's own total. In 1985, Sutter's ERA rose to 4.48 and his saves total decreased to 23. By the end of the season, he was bothered by nerve impingement in the right shoulder. He underwent surgery on the shoulder after the season, and recovered in time to appear in spring training in mid-March 1986.

Limited action after that, out of baseball two years later.  He had a bum knee too.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Geowhizzer