Phillies 2010 Season Thread

Started by SunMo, March 31, 2010, 06:45:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

oh sweet heavens

p.s. the dodgers got dotel

the dodgers

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

there's always Baes and Madson for when Lidge doesn't work out

Rome

Quote from: Rome on July 30, 2010, 08:59:43 AM
So are the Phillies done now or do they do something about their cringe-worthy bullpen?

:paranoid

Don Ho

This farging team is going no where with that sorry son of a bitch pitching.  He is
farging done.  farg farg and farg and farg you.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

MDS

this was actually a really good win for them

scrapped together some runs, blanton wasnt awful, contreras and madson were good.....irritating to see that wasted by lidge

not exactly sure what charlie is supposed to do. you know madson cant close and you know contreras isnt a much better option. the only thing i can think of doing is calling up some kid in AA or something who they project as a closer and hope hes the second coming of k rod in the 02 playoffs. what else can you do? amaro never addressed this.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhanInDC

Throw Contreras out there. I just can't take any more of Lidge. He's done. Contreras isn't going to be lights out, but he's crafty enough to work through jams, etc. Lidge is just done, mentally and apparently physically.  He just zero left to offer at this point.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

SD

Don Ho

Quote from: PhillyPhanInDC on July 31, 2010, 10:36:45 PM
Throw Contreras out there. I just take any more of Lidge. He's done. Contreras isn't going to be lights out, but he's crafty enough to work through jams, etc. Lidge is just done, mentally and apparently physically.  He just zero left to offer at this point.

agreed on Contreras.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

MDS

Quote from: PhillyPhanInDC on July 31, 2010, 10:36:45 PM
Throw Contreras out there. I just take any more of Lidge. He's done. Contreras isn't going to be lights out, but he's crafty enough to work through jams, etc. Lidge is just done, mentally and apparently physically.  He just zero left to offer at this point.

lidge isnt done mentally. if he were he wouldnt be on the mound. but physically, yes. hes finished.

contreras very well might get a look. hes not lights out by any stretch of the imagination but hes got to be better than lidge.

though to be fair to lidge he has cost them, wins and losses, 2 games this year (tonight and the meltdown vs. minnesota). much of that is blind luck, but before destroying him, there you go.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: SD on July 31, 2010, 10:38:14 PM
Aumont will be ready soon

I chuckled.

At least Oswalt is feeling right at home.  Their only regret is that Lidge couldn't have blown the save on Friday somehow.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

LBIggle

breaking news:  brad lidge is still a horrible piece of shtein.

any updates on what chuckles said about him after the game?

MDS

hes still the guy

though keep in mind on thursday charlie used madson then romero (backfired), lidge pitched the 10th and was on the money. so he got the ball again here.

if theres a save situation hell be the guy again today, but a poor outing could be it. i guess thats the hope youre all looking for.

ice grillin you

you are way over analyzing.....team just doesnt have it this year

curse of CL is in full effect
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

if the it is enough talent, then yes