Phillies 2010 Season Thread

Started by SunMo, March 31, 2010, 06:45:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

if you had a choice between blowing ops+ or giving a handjob to win shares, which one would you choose and why?
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Geowhizzer on April 17, 2010, 04:01:33 PM
Quote from: Sgt PSN on April 17, 2010, 03:28:59 PM
so far, i've seen i think 5 or 6 of the 10 games they've played so far and i've thought that herndon has looked pretty good in the few appearances i've seen.....which is probably only 2 or 3.  he's got some good sinking/tailing movement on his pitches.  i think last night was a bit of a fluke with 3 infield singles.  they were pretty good pitches that on a normal, dry field would have a little more bounce/speed to them and not die in the middle of the grass.  only one ball was hit with any authority and that was the double. 

at this point, i'd try and limit him to blowout appearances like last night where there's a little cushion for him to give up a couple runs and not blow the game.  if he doesn't show signs of improvement, then maybe you send him down to aaa for some work. 

He's rule 5 - He can't just be sent to AAA unless the Phils can make some kind of deal with the Angels.  Otherwise the Angels can have him back for $25,000.

oops.  missed your post up there and didn't realize he's a rule 5 guy.  still, my overall opinion remains the same.  bring him in during some non-critical situations and see how he does.  if he performs then increase his role.  and if/when he flops, then figure out what you want to do with him.  either send him back to the los angeles angels of anaheim california united states northwestern hemisphere of earth in the milky way galaxy (let's face it, that's the only name they haven't gone by yet so it's only inevitable they use it eventually) or if they feel he's worth the angels' asking price, then pay it and send him to the minors. 

PhillyGirl

Ken Rosenthal from Fox Sports is reporting that the Phillies are interested in the Blue Jays reliever Scott Downs
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyGirl

not that I have seen...all looks good for JC and Lidge pitched a scoreless inning in his last Clearwater rehab stint
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Rome

MDS

Don Ho

That was a weird outing by Moyer.  After he got rocked in the first he pitched a hell of a game.  After Doc we got some issues with the rotation.  Hopefully Blanton is healthy soon.  Still confident in Happ.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

SD

Quote from: PhillyGirl on April 17, 2010, 04:50:20 PM
Ken Rosenthal from Fox Sports is reporting that the Phillies are interested in the Blue Jays reliever Scott Downs

In
They don't keep Lee but it's clear they're going to have to take on more payroll, because another starter is a priority at this point.

PhillyGirl

Quote from: PhillyGirl on April 17, 2010, 05:04:32 PM
not that I have seen...all looks good for JC and Lidge pitched a scoreless inning in his last Clearwater rehab stint

Lidge also pitched a 1-2-3 inning last night.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Don Ho on April 18, 2010, 06:12:45 AM
That was a weird outing by Moyer.  After he got rocked in the first he pitched a hell of a game.  After Doc we got some issues with the rotation.  Hopefully Blanton is healthy soon.  Still confident in Happ.

i think this is what we should expect from moyer whenever he takes the mound.  he'll pitch like 4 solid innings of ball and 1 garbage inning.  that's the same thing that happened to him in houston and also happened to him quite a bit last year too. 

NGM

Quote from: SD on April 18, 2010, 08:27:06 AM
Quote from: PhillyGirl on April 17, 2010, 04:50:20 PM

In
They don't keep Lee but it's clear they're going to have to take on more payroll, because another starter is a priority at this point.

Completely agree SD.  Thats why I was confused when the Phillies showed no interest in a guy like Chin Ming Wang.  Kendrick and Moyer should not be starters on a team competing for a championship. 
Fletch:  Can I borrow your towel for a sec? My car just hit a water buffalo.

BigEd76

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.