Phillies 2010 Season Thread

Started by SunMo, March 31, 2010, 06:45:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Geowhizzer

Good pitching by Madson on Cantu.  Game.  Over.

Sgt PSN

Seabiscuit36

Nice win, Flyers Suck, Hawaii needs more Hockey
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

PhillyPhreak54

I avoided any Phils stuff on the internet because I was watching the game on DVR. Its the 9th inning and the sonofabitch is in the bag so I click on the thread and read about it being 8-6 as Herndon takes the mound on my tv.

Way to make it interesting, boys!

MDS

You mean a reliever who won't be on the team in July gave up some cheap runs? OHMIGOD.

P.S. Phreak its 12-2 id say you should dvr your fantasy team
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Its set for the weekend while we're in Vegas. I'm going to come back and win, Toddy

mpmcgraw

Herndon is actually going to be around the whole season. I think. Real young, rule 5, and is throwing pretty well.  No reason not to keep him.

MDS

without looking at a baseball prospectus cheat sheet explain to me why he is throwing well and will be around for the entire season
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: KDS on April 17, 2010, 02:02:12 PM
without looking at a baseball prospectus cheat sheet explain to me why he is throwing well and will be around for the entire season

The key is Rule 5.  If they don't keep him the entire season, they have to offer him back to the Angels for $25,000.

mpmcgraw

because he is a groundball pitcher who has been keeping the ball on the ground which is valuable to the phils? 

Sgt PSN

so far, i've seen i think 5 or 6 of the 10 games they've played so far and i've thought that herndon has looked pretty good in the few appearances i've seen.....which is probably only 2 or 3.  he's got some good sinking/tailing movement on his pitches.  i think last night was a bit of a fluke with 3 infield singles.  they were pretty good pitches that on a normal, dry field would have a little more bounce/speed to them and not die in the middle of the grass.  only one ball was hit with any authority and that was the double. 

at this point, i'd try and limit him to blowout appearances like last night where there's a little cushion for him to give up a couple runs and not blow the game.  if he doesn't show signs of improvement, then maybe you send him down to aaa for some work. 

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Sgt PSN on April 17, 2010, 03:28:59 PM
so far, i've seen i think 5 or 6 of the 10 games they've played so far and i've thought that herndon has looked pretty good in the few appearances i've seen.....which is probably only 2 or 3.  he's got some good sinking/tailing movement on his pitches.  i think last night was a bit of a fluke with 3 infield singles.  they were pretty good pitches that on a normal, dry field would have a little more bounce/speed to them and not die in the middle of the grass.  only one ball was hit with any authority and that was the double. 

at this point, i'd try and limit him to blowout appearances like last night where there's a little cushion for him to give up a couple runs and not blow the game.  if he doesn't show signs of improvement, then maybe you send him down to aaa for some work. 

He's rule 5 - He can't just be sent to AAA unless the Phils can make some kind of deal with the Angels.  Otherwise the Angels can have him back for $25,000.

MDS

Quote from: mpmcgraw on April 17, 2010, 03:19:59 PM
because he is a groundball pitcher who has been keeping the ball on the ground which is valuable to the phils? 

brilliant analysis. you are going to be joe sheehan jr. one day

mpmcgraw