Phillies 2010 Season Thread

Started by SunMo, March 31, 2010, 06:45:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

PhillyPhreak54

We were going to go tomorrow night but decided to wait until Sunday so I can see God Halladay pitch and not waste my scratch on Old Man River.

Jimmy Rollins is a fargin pimp.

Sgt PSN

ha!  i've been bitching about a crappy mlb.tv feed over my interwebz and it turns out, mlb extra innings is still giving a free preview.  i thought it was only the first 3 days of the season but i guess it's the first week.  nice. 

Sgt PSN

contreras looking nasty, yo!

2 easy k's and a really nice play on a swinging bunt. 

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Sgt PSN on April 09, 2010, 11:22:37 PM
ha!  i've been bitching about a crappy mlb.tv feed over my interwebz and it turns out, mlb extra innings is still giving a free preview.  i thought it was only the first 3 days of the season but i guess it's the first week.  nice. 

Way to pay attention, skippy!

The HD feed of FOX-Sports SW down here went on the fritz and I had to watch the last few innings in SD. I felt dirty

Don Ho

Wanna chip in on the ticking package I plan on sending those bastiches on Monday?  fargin eh that was painful today.  Finally turned it off after the Phils went up 4-0 and had to pick up Don Jr.  It was easier following it on my blackberry in my car in traffic.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

11 for 19
8 RBI

Polanco

B E A S T
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 09, 2010, 11:21:09 PM
We were going to go tomorrow night but decided to wait until Sunday so I can see God Halladay pitch and not waste my scratch on Old Man River.

Jimmy Rollins is a fargin pimp.

the fact that halladay isnt pitching today is a joke...they shouldnt need a fifth starter for more than the first two weeks of the year
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Drunkmasterflex

They were talking about Doc on DNL earlier this week and they were saying that he should basically be able to say when he goes in or out.  He is that professional and that good. 
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

SunMo

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 08, 2010, 08:37:04 PM

and ill say it again watch out for the braves and HOF heyward

billy blew a 2-run save against the giants and HOF heyward had 4 ks. 

WATCH OUT
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Geowhizzer

No love for Happ?  He managed to dance around some hits and earn the win and give up zero runs. 

The bullpen has been good thus far as well (IGY disclaimer:  Yes, I know it's been against the Nats and the Wades.)

Team ERA:  2.57
Starters ERA:  3.43 (Thank you, Mr. Kendrick) - 8 ER in 21 innings
Relievers ERA:  1.29 - 2 ER in 14 innings

Geowhizzer

Quote from: SunMo on April 10, 2010, 10:14:21 AM
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 08, 2010, 08:37:04 PM

and ill say it again watch out for the braves and HOF heyward

billy blew a 2-run save against the giants and HOF heyward had 4 ks. 

WATCH OUT

It'll be interesting to see what Bitchy Wagner can do coming back from the Tommy John Surgery.

Heyward will have some ups and downs as adjustments are made, but I think he's going to be awfully good.

To me, next season is when the Braves really become a force to be reckoned with again.  They'll be in the mix again, but I think the Phils are just that much better right now.

LBIggle

Quote from: Don Ho on April 10, 2010, 04:10:48 AM
11 for 19
8 RBI

Polanco

B E A S T

yup.  has feliz ever done that even once in his career?

victorino looks like shtein in the 7 hole so far.

ice grillin you

ill toss my phillies division bet out there again...there were no takers last time...its only good thru the houston series so everyone that thinks the phillies are the class of the NL this is your time to cake off
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Don Ho on April 10, 2010, 04:08:50 AM

Wanna chip in on the ticking package I plan on sending those bastiches on Monday?  fargin eh that was painful today.  Finally turned it off after the Phils went up 4-0 and had to pick up Don Jr.  It was easier following it on my blackberry in my car in traffic.

hell yeah, count me in.  it got so bad that i stopped trying and went to the radio feed instead and the farging thing had an "echo."  awful.

Quote from: Geowhizzer on April 10, 2010, 12:25:29 PM
No love for Happ?  He managed to dance around some hits and earn the win and give up zero runs. 

i commented during the game that i thought happ looked pretty good.  he gave up a few hits and made a few bad pitches, but overall he held his own.  not to mention that the couple of times he did allow a runner to reach 2nd, he seemed to settle down and make quality pitches to get out of it.  i thought that was good to see. 

Quote from: LBIggle on April 10, 2010, 01:22:09 PM
victorino looks like shtein in the 7 hole so far.

he got some good swings in yesterday and hit a couple of balls pretty hard, just had some bad luck of hitting them right at someone.  if he keeps swinging like he did yesterday, he'll be fine.